Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Fire Exits at DJ Station - Bangkok - report/pics

Liked

Fire Exits at DJ Station - Bangkok - report/pics

Doug has posted this on GayTingTong:
    from GayBoyThailand report and photo essay...

On "Gay Boy Thailand" blog there is quite a revealing photo essay on the emergency exits at a popular gay night club in Bangkok. I must admit that I'm not always aware of adequate exits when I'm in a club. How do Pattaya bar's rate?

http://gayboythailand.com/bangkok-thail ... re-safety/

http://gayboythailand.com/bangkok-thailand/
    (scroll down to read January 3rd report)

http://gayboythailand.com/bangkok-thail ... /#comments
    (scroll UP to see report & photos)

--------------------

tj

Tj

Re: Fire Exits at DJ Station - Bangkok - report/pics

I hope this GayBoyThailand guy makes a similar report on GOD disco in Silom Soi 2/1 next to @Richards. Its far worse than DJ Station with no pretense of a fire exit. Just one entrance and one exit and 3 sets of heavy doors to get in or out.
    GOD is the real accident waiting to happen and hundreds will be killed because it's an after hours place with most patrons drunk or high on something.

Liked

I went to a jam packed Bangkok Thai only disco (except for me) late last night and since the New Years fire incident I have started looking more closely for any fire exits in the case of emergency. Last night they put as at a table near the toilets at the back of the building, no hope of escape if there was a fire if you are in the toilet or nearby and if you were not burnt to death you would be trampled in the rush to escape. Of course there was no sprinkler system or any fire fighting equipment so I got the boys to find us a table near the front and only exit. It is worth having a good look around when you enter these bulldings as if you are not careful it may be your last big night out in Bangkok

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...I was at DJ's last weekend and asked the so called "manager" if the fire exits had been cleared out back of the building and he just laughed, saying "NO Problem". As we all know, DJ can be packed like sardines and by looking at the obstacles blocking the fire exits OUTSIDE, no way could anyone safely make a quick exit. True, the chance of a fire from a fire cracker or cigarette could be slim...but there is always a chance of an electrical fire at any place...just the smoke alone could cause people to panic... a stampede--then what? So I think the more people that ask these clubs about their fire exits, the better...maybe the "reminders" will eventually sink in to take NOTE.

Quote Originally Posted by thrillbill
    ...I was at DJ's last weekend and asked the so called "manager" if the fire exits had been cleared out back of the building and he just laughed, saying "NO Problem". As we all know, DJ can be packed like sardines and by looking at the obstacles blocking the fire exits OUTSIDE, no way could anyone safely make a quick exit. True, the chance of a fire from a fire cracker or cigarette could be slim...but there is always a chance of an electrical fire at any place...just the smoke alone could cause people to panic... a stampede--then what? So I think the more people that ask these clubs about their fire exits, the better...maybe the "reminders" will eventually sink in to take NOTE.
    Gawd, you're an optimist.

A lot more change will take place in Thailand before fire escape exits form discos are cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by aussie_
    I went to a jam packed Bangkok Thai only disco (except for me) late last night and since the New Years fire incident I have started looking more closely for any fire exits in the case of emergency. Last night they put as at a table near the toilets at the back of the building, no hope of escape if there was a fire if you are in the toilet or nearby and if you were not burnt to death you would be trampled in the rush to escape. Of course there was no sprinkler system or any fire fighting equipment so I got the boys to find us a table near the front and only exit. It is worth having a good look around when you enter these bulldings as if you are not careful it may be your last big night out in Bangkok

Quote Originally Posted by thrillbill

Personally I always make sure I dress in authentic firefighters safety clothing and take breathing apparatus with me when I intend to go to such places.

I survey the entire perimiter of the building before entering, noting any possible hazards which I photograph on my mobile phone for later transmission to Pattaya Today. I notice some guys commenting on the existance of CCTV cameras at the door. The fact that they are even commenting on the cameras betrays the fact that quite obviously they are vile perverts on a night out from Sunee Plaza - the sooner they are locked up and/or executed the better.

On entering, I sit near the door for a quick escape and should the 2000 volt Cattle Prod I have brought with me prove unsuccessful in clearing a path in the event of fire, I feel quite confident that the heavy firefighter boots will give me an edge in the trampling stakes.

Just to be on the safe side I pay the boys to throw buckets of water over me at 5 minute intervals at 50 baht per boy (100 baht if they go nude) - as I've heard that I will take far longer to go up in flames if I am soaking wet (of course, I follow z909's advice on another current thread and make sure I whip out my little torch to better scrutinise the boys' ID cards before engaging them in dousing me as previously described.

Whilst I sit there dripping onto the floor and making a sizeable puddle, I look around to see who is smoking and use up the last of my memory card photographing the smokers - later (assuming the joint hasn't been razed to the ground with those reprobates still in it), I will telephone the police and hand over the photographs as evidence.

To pass the time I take out my newspaper and, by the light of my little torch (thanks z909) I nervously scan the financial numbers as I am fretting that the Pound will have dropped another 3 Satangs against the baht. Just as I reach the currency exchange section, a naked waiter whom I had sent home earlier to get his Birth Certificate as I was not entirely satisfied with his ID card, suddenly returns and throws a bucket of water over me. His grinning face as he stands wai'ing me and awaiting his 100 baht only compounds my annoyance as my newspaper instantly turns into a sodden mess of papier mache.

However, his innocent grin melts my heart and I decide to take him home. I arrange to meet him outside after closing time, thus avoiding the off fee and, in another stroke of luck and after only 40 minutes of arguing I get him to drop his tip expectation by 10 baht.

Dear God, this has been a great night so far and I have a feeling that, if I'm spared Lord and I don't end up as a burnt offering in the Club or get run over by a tuk tuk, it is going to get even better!

:cheers: