Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Congratulation on the Move

Congratulation on the Move

Well done ES. The move seems to be a success. The forum page will take a little getting use to, but once inside I like the clean look.

Happy New Year :cheers:

Liked

Re: Congratulation on the Move

Yep, interesting so far (and I just figured out it won't let you post something with a bazillion smilies at the end. So, I'll just pick the one smilie that seems to best describe this board at times: :argue.

Liked

Nice job - congratulations and thanks. Looks fun and I'm sure will be better. A good reason to think about reuping for another cash contribution.

elephantspike

I think there may be a setting in my control panel that can be adjusted to allow a bazillion smilies in a post. I'll check.

One thing I like about this new software is that the layout is very customizable by the user. There are 3 styles to choose from as before in your user control panel>board preferences, but also you can put the user profiles on thread pages on the left or right. Also if you click on the square icon over the menu bar on the top right, it takes you to the portal page where you can drag the portal blocks anywhere you like. Any ones you put on the sides will appear on the sides on the forum index as well, and any blocks you put in the center will not show on the forum index.

Check out the photo galleries! Or any post with multiple images. click on one and it slideshows every image in the post. Cool or what?

BTW- Special thanks to Bao-bao for the photos used in the header.

elephantspike

Quote Originally Posted by joba
    Nice job - congratulations and thanks. Looks fun and I'm sure will be better. A good reason to think about reuping for another cash contribution.
    Much appreciated. On that subject........

It is board features>donate. It still adds you as a Golden member if you are not already one which still gives you attachment, blog, and album (now called "gallery") privledges. Sometimes it logs you out before you click the donate button though, so make sure you are logged in before you click on it to make sure the software upgrades you. If not, though, I can upgrade you manually just PM me or email me with the same address as your paypal to let me know if it doesn't do it automatically.

There is not yet a feature to add points ("karma") for donations available yet, or one to add the list of donors to the whosonline box, but I'm sure that's coming soon.

Liked

Spike old chap i did like the old format better with the avatar on the left of the page. But hey shit happens
    I spoke into his eyes. " I thought you died a long,-- a long long time ago".
    " OH NO! not me, i never lost control, your face to face with the Man who sold the world"

elephantspike

Quote Originally Posted by jolyjacktar
    Spike old chap i did like the old format better with the avatar on the left of the page. But hey shit happens

Quote Originally Posted by Elephantspike

One thing I like about this new software is that the layout is very customizable by the user. There are 3 styles to choose from as before in your user control panel>board preferences, but also you can put the user profiles on thread pages on the left or right.
    control panel>user control panel> board preferences> If available, chose preferred profile position:> left or right.

Fix it yourself.

:santa:

Thank you for all your hard work all year long. The transition looks like it went smoothly. Happy New year

Nice one Spike, very well done. Just a minor point, in control panel/user control panel, the sub menu has a tranparent background. Woul be easier to read if it were black.

Edit to say that having checked it out, that fault only appears in IE6 on my machine. Opera and Firefox both show black background.
    IE whinges about ayntax error line 87 char 1

Liked

Looks great Bob ... and thanks for the tip on shifting the avatar & profile info back to the left hand side where most folks are used to it being. I would never have thought to look under 'Preferences' to do that.

For anyone who missed Bob's set up tip for this, here it is again:

Control Panel >> User Control Panel >> Board Preferences >> (scroll down to): Preferred Profile Position >> toggle Left or Right switch

Voila! your avatar is back in familiar territory.

Bob ... a 'glitch'!! the 'SIZE' feature does not seem to work at all. Tried using various size options, but it reverts vback to normal size no matter which one you choose.

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand