Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another new Silom hotel

Liked

Another new Silom hotel

Well, its on Suriwongse Road really, right opposite the Siam Heritage and Tarntawan, between the Tawana and the (yet to be opened) Le M├йridien.

De Arni Bangkok is a 'boutique' hotel with 56 rooms finished to a much higher standard than TakeASeat or Baan Saladaeng and may be of interest to those adventurous enough to consider something other than the tired Tarntawan. They have some good 'soft-launch' prices at the moment from about THB 1,400 but rates will probably double when the hotel is fully established.

It's been open for a few months and they have at last launched a web-site: dearnibkk.com/ which doesn't function well yet, but better details pictures and prices are available on Agoda: www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/bangkok/de_arni.html

I am told that De Arni Bangkok is gay friendly, but I can not confirm any joiner policy. However, if you check it out on this site: th.88db.com/th/Services/Post_Detail.page/travel/hotel_accomodation/?PostID=407757&lang=en-us you will see that one of the search engine tags is 'gay hotel bkk' so someone there has decided to target the PLU looking to stay in the Silom/Suriwongse area.

If [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/YouTube.jpg[/img] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/MySpace.jpg[/img] I'll [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/Google.jpg[/img] your [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/Yahoo.jpg[/img]

Looks like a nice option. No doubt someone will test & report on their joiner policy soon?

All these new hotels should help to keep prices down.

Looks good

This looks appealing, be careful what you say about the Tarntawan though, they have their own Klu Klux Klan here on this board. LOL!

Liked
    I just booked for a December stay so I will let everyone know what I find out if someone doesnt go there before I do

john
    TOQ Tired Old Queen

Don't feed the trolls, Don't feed the trolls, I keep telling myself ..........

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by TOQ
    I just booked for a December stay so I will let everyone know what I find out if someone doesnt go there before I do

john
    Hi, John. Care to share what type of room did you book for how much? I couldn't find many online websites offering this hotel...

Or anyone has stayed there can offer a review?

TIA!

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaiFan

john
    Hi, John. Care to share what type of room did you book for how much? I couldn't find many online websites offering this hotel...

TIA!
    I booked the standard room for 2 with a kingsize bed.

Booking was done through www.agoda.com My card was charged $49.34US at the time so the rate was about 1700Baht with the VAT

john
    TOQ Tired Old Queen

Don't feed the trolls, Don't feed the trolls, I keep telling myself ..........

Liked

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiFan

john

TIA!
    I booked the standard room for 2 with a kingsize bed.

Booking was done through www.agoda.com My card was charged $49.34US at the time so the rate was about 1700Baht with the VAT

john
    Thanks a lot. Yes, that seems to be the best price available online.

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

TOQ ...

I would be most interested in your views as my guy has just gone for a Restaurant Captain's job their. Very slow yet but I hope many book. As soon as the bookings start rolling in my guy will have a job.

Cheers
    krobbie

PS If I had known earlier about this hotel I may have booked myseld. As it is I am in South Sathorn at Astera Hotel from December 22

Not that anyone on this board knows me, I just signed up last night, but I just made a five-night reservation at this hotel over New Year's. I'll jot down a review during my stay. But allow me to make another recommendation -- Oakwood Residence on Sukhumvit. Oakwood is a U.S. chain of serviced apartments. I stayed there in March, and it was great. The most comfortable hotel room I've ever stayed in regardless of class. Plus, they have a really nice sundeck and small pool on the roof. A guy I met in DJ Station and I had the whole roof to ourselves for a couple afternoons. It was luxurious. Oh, someone else I met at DJ Station during that trip -- the front desk clerk. For some reason I found that comforting. He was all smiles but very professional the next day in the lobby.

I don't know if I'd call the place gay friendly, but a gay couple staying there was simply not an issue. No one so much as gave us a second look.

There's also a well-equipped gym in the basement, and the place is nearly right across the street from the Emporium shopping mall.

The best thing about Oakwood, though, is it puts you into a new neighborhood. The Sukhumvit area has a completely different energy, a more youthful energy, and it made me realize how much of a sex-tourist ghetto the Silom area can be.

I'll be staying there again, for eight nights, right after checking out of the De Arni. I'd like to stay at Oakwood for my entire Bangkok holiday, but B2,700 plus tax is the least expensive room they have, and that's a bit too much for two whole weeks.

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by M0TEL69
    The best thing about Oakwood, though, is it puts you into a new neighborhood. The Sukhumvit area has a completely different energy, a more youthful energy, and it made me realize how much of a sex-tourist ghetto the Silom area can be.
    Sukhumvit used to have a group of gay bars and then one by one they faded and closed. There are 5 gay massage venues all clustered around 11 to 8 Suk that do a good business with more of a local customer base.

For great Cajun food check out Bourbon Street Restaurnat near the Oakwood, Suk. 22.
    E Dok Tong