Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: pattaya recession yes or no?

pattaya recession yes or no?

Is pattaya about to enter recession . With the drop of most western currancies against the thai bht, has the time come for pattaya to face a real downturn

yes.

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    everywhere will suffer from a recession and the drop in other currencies makes it a real problem but I believe Pattaya will actually fair well compared to other holiday spots because of it's uniqueness ( you know what I mean !) and the fact it is still unbelievably cheap compared to anywhere else.

When times get bad people get a mentality of wishing to have as good a time as possible and stint on many things..(obviously the mortgage comes first0 but I reckon cheap holidays will be all the go !! The real problem..getting there. If flights prices go up too much...another reason why the Russians will come in larger numbers. Charter flights and package holidays.
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

Re: pattaya recession yes or no?

Quote Originally Posted by aot87
    Is pattaya about to enter recession . With the drop of most western currancies against the thai bht, has the time come for pattaya to face a real downturn
    As a mecca for sex tourists, to some extent that trade should hold up. However the Russians may decide to holiday closer to home, and the busloads of Chinese from the mainland will probably decline. There are some interesting businesses for sale in Pattaya on the Sunbelt Asia site, which may be a harbinger of what's to come. My guess is they've left it 12 months too late to sell for a decent price

Liked
    Jomtien does get busy during long holiday weekends. Many Thai seem to come from Bangkok to get away. They'll leave on Sunday and Jomtien will be back to normal on Monday.

Forum's veteran
    Mount Calvary Baptist Church of the Redeemer
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunchtime O'Booze
    everywhere will suffer from a recession and the drop in other currencies makes it a real problem but I believe Pattaya will actually fair well compared to other holiday spots because of it's uniqueness ( you know what I mean !) and the fact it is still unbelievably cheap compared to anywhere else.

When times get bad people get a mentality of wishing to have as good a time as possible and stint on many things..(obviously the mortgage comes first0 but I reckon cheap holidays will be all the go !! The real problem..getting there. If flights prices go up too much...another reason why the Russians will come in larger numbers. Charter flights and package holidays.
    Yes, and I bet you'll be out there flashing your ankles for a bit of vodka, you cheap hussy!

Believe me, any destination that relies on tourists as the mainstay of its economy ain't seen nothing yet. It shouldn't just batten down the hatches; it should bolt the buggers down! It's going to get nasty.
    JESUS LOVES YOU, yes, even you nancies

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Aunty
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunchtime O'Booze

Yes, and I bet you'll be out there flashing your ankles for a bit of vodka, you cheap hussy!

Believe me, any destination that relies on tourists as the mainstay of its economy ain't seen nothing yet. It shouldn't just batten down the hatches; it should bolt the buggers down! It's going to get nasty.
    You are right. I'm a cheap hussy so I'll do well in the current climate.

oh and also..I think's it's going to get much much nastier..after reading houses prices in the UK have dropped 35% in some areas and people should expect them to fall 25% further..the debt tsunamai is still building and heading everyone's way.
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

Hi
    This article is in the current Pattyamail.com

"The 80% reduction in incoming tourism to Pattaya during this high season from Asian countries due to ThailandтАЩs chaotic political situation was the subject of a brain-storming session by Pattaya City and tourism officials on October 9."

Quote Originally Posted by Aunty
    Maybe a downturn but not a recession. I sure hope it doesn't get nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeySee
    Maybe a downturn but not a recession. I sure hope it doesn't get nasty.
    It's a bit difficult to determine whether one town in the whole of Thailand is "in recession" or not, since insufficient statistics are published for local areas within the country - if you can believe the accuracy of any Asian government statistic anyway (maybe Singapore's the exception). However an 80% decline certainly sounds recession-like