Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Semi-anual membership drive

elephantspike

Semi-anual membership drive

It's here again.

Each April and October we do a shameless solicitation for Paypal donations to offset the costs of running the board and to pay the little old man who runs the joint a pittance for his time and efforts. Well, actually, I think we skipped it last April. I had no sick buffalo story to tell at that time, so I just didn't feel inspired. This Fall I do have a genuine one, though. I was laid-off from my airport bartending job I started about a year ago. (You can't make this shit up can you?)

Anyway, each donation of $20 or more gets you a coveted membership in the Golden Members club. The benefits of Golden Membership are detailed here:
    Upgrading Membership.

Any and all donations are gratefully accepted, though.

Please post in this thread about why you did or didn't donate, and what you like about the board and what you'd like to see improved.

Thanks

Liked
    Does paying up in May mean I'm still in the Good Book, or do I have to do it again now? I'm retired you know, and close to insolvency.
    I WILL pay, but grudgingly . . . that being no reflection on the Board itself, which is by now a mild addiction and good fun besides.

Sincere Job-Well-Done awards to ElephantSpike :cheers: :cheers: (AKA 'Bob') and jinks :cheers: :cheers: (AKA 'Jinks') for creating a neat and chaotic message board with a heart and soul ( unlike the stone cold dead ambience of ~ lets say ~ Baht-Stop, for instance :colors: ).

Cheers ....
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Insolvency??

smiles, I am sure your old man will be pleased to know that he has to get out there and support you for another year. I suspect he is very pleased to see you home again after a long break with the mounties.

I too have done my donating for this year but I daresay I could scratch around in my purse and come up with a twenty.

I am not as prolific on this board as once I was, but I still keep up with what is going on and to whom. Seems to be some pretty nasty new arrivals. Ah well, it keeps us all on our toes.

As for Elepantspike and jinks ... three cheers

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Krobbie

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    I have an awful feeling that it's about time I contributed ( and it breaks my heart..paying for something).

Lucky you have paypal..I don't mind hitting the button.
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchtime O'Booze
    I have an awful feeling that it's about time I contributed ( and it breaks my heart..paying for something). Lucky you have paypal..I don't mind hitting the button.
    Thank god! I thought you were going to suggest it was my turn to pay again

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked
    I guess that this means that George didn't make his promised "anonymous" 700 dollar donation yet.

I am sorry that ES needs to ask at all for contributions. It seems to me only fair that those who enjoy the benefits of the board, reading and posting, should contribute towards it's running costs and ES's time. Those who use the board to promote their own interests, bars, websites etc, should make larger contributions.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala
    It seems to me only fair that those who enjoy the benefits of the board, reading and posting, should contribute towards it's running costs and ES's time. Those who use the board to promote their own interests, bars, websites etc, should make larger contributions.
    Yes, I think I should stump up for all those people who've flounced off, citing my cunt-ness as their reason for leaving

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    Yes, I think I should stump up for all those people who've flounced off, citing my cunt-ness as their reason for leaving
    Hey, ya fat old bald cunt (in other words, "hello dear"), given you have flounced all of those donors from the board, it's only fair that you pay up for the flouncees too!

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala
    contribute towards it's running costs and ES's time.
    My time too.....

BTW Bob, I'm still waiting for my first salary cheque.

Sorry ( Silly Americans) you won't understand that word = "check"

elephantspike
    Sure, I'll Fedeques it to you! :blackeye: