Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: what happens to us farangs

Liked

what happens to us farangs

if there is a state of emergency declared is it true that all farangs have to leave thailand

Dumb post of the day.

Re: what happens to us farangs

Quote Originally Posted by bedbugy1
    if there is a state of emergency declared is it true that all farangs have to leave thailand
    That depends on Thaksin's instructions to the military when he declares the state of emergency. My guess is he will not expel foreigners.

Also unlikely, but everyone SHOULD give some thought to, is the possibility that the foreign community will have to flee the violence, much as all the expatriates did from Java some years back. In order to avoid getting stuck in some expensive hotel in Singapore you might email your friends there and tell them you could be visiting ;-).

I would probably just flee back to the US for a couple months.

Why even fuel such stupidity? At the height of the violence in 1992, there was never even a thought of expelling foreigners from the country. I was here throughout, and in spite of the blood running in the streets, life went on pretty much as always in all but the area around the Democracy Monument (even the bars were open -- I\'m sure that\'s the main concern of many posters here).

Do you realize how many foreigners there are in Thailand at any one time, and what a massive airlift it would take to get them all out?

As I said elsewhere ...

... in the thread someone started about "what might happen after the election", let's all just pool our ignorance and misinformation and have a thoroughly uninformed and speculative "debate" (known as a "mass debate")

You left out \"stupidity\".

supporters

Last night on our TV we saw hundreds of thousands (supposedly) of government supporters on the road to Bangkok, mostly looking like farmers, going to stage a counter rally. Hope it will not end up in the land of tears. Though one pictured had a load of veg, so they could all be going to market instead ?

Stay indoors.

Oh Cedric! You'll do anything to bring Silom back, won't you?

Sobering Thought (re) Exodus:

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    Though one pictured had a load of veg, so they could all be going to market instead ?
    Probably just everyday traffic and media whores stirring shit--As usual.
    Time for someone to step up--As usual--and ask if the bars will be closed.

Suggestion: On nights when bars are closed use the time to fervently pray\wish\light a candle\whatever: for the long-life of the King. If he should pass away the bars--And much else--may be closed for a month.
    (It will look like) the fall of Saigon.