Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Noticed: unusual happenings On The Buses ...

Liked

Noticed: unusual happenings On The Buses ...

Ever taken a trip in upcountry Thailand on one of those rickety old "local" buses?
    If you have, you'll never forget it (perhaps never repeat it!). But ... it is after all, an excellent way to take in some rural colour, live like the natives, go-Thai a little bit, rub shoulders with live chickens, and get to pass 21 other cars all at the same time on the road while the opposite lane still keeps on coming.

However ... the "local" buses here in Canada are much more modern and comfortable. But you STILL might want to have second thoughts if you happen to be in Edmonton, Alberta and you want to get outta town ... in any direction: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ ... ional/home

Cheers ...

Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Of course

Nobody says anything about the religion of the beheader.

Votes, anyone?

Liked
    don't know about the religion of my seat mates ( or care ) , but I've slept well on Thai overnight buses recently...
    [url]http://thaidiamondstories.moonfruit.com/[/url]
    About my books

Quote Originally Posted by fattman
    Thai buses are a a safe and delightful form of transport
    Apart, according to one of the mem'sahibs, from the pick-pockets who work while passengers are asleep

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

well yes ...

Yes smiles ... it's all fun and games until someone loses an eye ... on Canadian buses it would seem. :blackeye:

Cheers
    krobbie

Liked
    I have taken local Thai busses as well, and they don't compare to the VIP busses that most tourists seem to be taken. I recently took a bus from Udon through Sakhon Nakhon to Nakhon Phanom, and it took over 5 hours, very impressive considering the distance.

Of course even the most dodgy Thai bus can't compare to the regular Lao busses They stop even more and seem to be driving slower.