Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bangkok Hotels

Bangkok Hotels

Anyone stayed at the Rose Hotel recently? Is there still a lot of noise from construction?

How is Surawong Hotel these days?

The Regent Silom serviced apartments seems good value. Any experiences? any joiner fees? noisy ?

Grateful any views/comments/experiences

Thanks
    Jim

Liked

Rose Hotel

Construction noise should no longer be an issue, as the new Le Meredian building is virtually complete.

Is the hotel open? I saw a group of young people wearing 'Opening team' Tshirts in April, though it was somwe way from opening at that time.
    ..........and that's the way it is.

Liked
    The Rose Hotel remodelling was all done when I stayed there in November of 2006. I have no clue about
    surrounding properties.

Re: Bangkok Hotels

Quote Originally Posted by londonjim
    Anyone stayed at the Rose Hotel recently? Is there still a lot of noise from construction?

The Regent Silom serviced apartments seems good value. Any experiences? any joiner fees? noisy ?

Thanks
    Jim
    Surawong was cockroach infested in July 2007 - I can vouch for it - and that was the +2000B rooms

When I was at the Rose last November, construction noise was not a problem.
    Most of the heavy construction on the adjacent building was already complete. There was a noise problem from a street vendor with music 5 stories down on the road though.
    Otherwise the hotel was excellent.

Perhaps if you intend to sleep all day, it may be different.

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

The Rose

I stayed at the Rose in January and again in February this year. It is a little expensive now for what you get. The location is prime as it is close to Patpong.
    The women on reception are very helpful as is the people who man the tour desk. The cleaning ladies are very good but I always give a tip on the first day and last, which ensures very good service.

Le Meridien Surawongse is the Hotel now built in frint of the Rose. The fit out is almost complete and should be open fairly soon. I see the room rate is about 3700 baht for standard. Well, it is *****.

I loved the Rose and the new pool but I know I could get a better room rate. The rooms are very small and they have put the rate up to 1950 baht I believe.

Cheers
    krobbie

The Rose definately has location in it's favour.

If one leaves Soi Duangthawee from the top end & walk around "the back route" it's only a quiet couple of minute to the hotel, with no hostile looks from gawping farang women.

Ideally I'd want a cheaper joiner friendly hotel that's just as close to Soi Duangthawee. If there are any?

Regent Silom

Thanks for the comments?

Anyone any experience of Regent Silom, seems reasonable price and good location. joiners policy? noise levels?

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by z909
    The Rose definately has location in it's favour.

If one leaves Soi Duangthawee from the top end & walk around "the back route" it's only a quiet couple of minute to the hotel, with no hostile looks from gawping farang women.

Ideally I'd want a cheaper joiner friendly hotel that's just as close to Soi Duangthawee. If there are any?
    BBB? Is this why so many of you want Hotels close to the bars, fear of "gawping farangs". I don't remember the last time some farang gave me the look of disapproval when I am with my BF. Most of the farangs in and around Patpong are Euros and they are not generally all that judgmental and they must know that there not at Disney Land any longer.
    E Dok Tong

Liked

Re: Bangkok Hotels

I stayed at Rose last August , and the noise from the construction workers was a problem. A lot of complaints.
    Still good value , I only paid 1450 Baht for a standard room.

And it was one of my best nights there when I think about it...

Quote Originally Posted by londonjim

Thanks
    Jim