Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bangkok Hotels

Bangkok Hotels

I know I have asked before (and probably ignored the responses) but I am graduallly narrowing down my choices of where to stay for a few days in Bangkok.

I have a booking (yes they had a room available) for me and my num friend at the Tarntawan Hotel for 3 nights. I do like the location, I have been past it several times but it is still at my upper end budget (2,500 baht). I also have seen the hotel being offered on Asia Rooms for the same deluxe room at 2,280 baht.

Any views on the Silom Serene Hotel - on Asia Rooms 1699 baht on the Serene website 3500 baht per night. I like the look of this hotel and tried to book here before but it was full then.

Finally Suriwong Hotel - according to dreadedned.com its a little downmarket but another Thai friend suggested that paying for a better room here (not the standard) means you have a comfortable and enjoyable stay and it doesn't feel downmarket. Also very goood location.

Oh, the Tawana Ramada currently has standard and superior rooms available from 2320 baht per night. I wouldn't mind giving that a go but I am not sure my friend would feel comfortable in the surroundings of a 4 star hotel. Am I being condescending? Then again you don't know my friend.

Alll advice welcome, thanks.

Re: Bangkok Hotels

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman41
    I know I have asked before (and probably ignored the responses) but I am graduallly narrowing down my choices of where to stay for a few days in Bangkok.

I have a booking (yes they had a room available) for me and my num friend at the Tarntawan Hotel for 3 nights. I do like the location, I have been past it several times but it is still at my upper end budget (2,500 baht). I also have seen the hotel being offered on Asia Rooms for the same deluxe room at 2,280 baht.
    You're concerned to save 220 baht a day?

Any views on the Silom Serene Hotel - on Asia Rooms 1699 baht on the Serene website 3500 baht per night. I like the look of this hotel and tried to book here before but it was full then.
    You get taxis to the night-spots - just a little too far to walk. Your post seems to suggest a frugal nature

Finally Suriwong Hotel - according to dreadedned.com its a little downmarket but another Thai friend suggested that paying for a better room here (not the standard) means you have a comfortable and enjoyable stay and it doesn't feel downmarket. Also very goood location.
    A complete slum where you will have the constant entertainment of both Thais and Westerners pulling in to make use of their extensive "short-time-room" facility. At least their coffee shop is no longer wall-to-wall money boys lining up for their victims (who never need leave the hotel area for the entire duration of their stay, as Jupiter is 10 yards away)

Oh, the Tawana Ramada currently has standard and superior rooms available from 2320 baht per night. I wouldn't mind giving that a go but I am not sure my friend would feel comfortable in the surroundings of a 4 star hotel. Am I being condescending? Then again you don't know my friend
    Up to you

Liked

Oops, posted twice

Liked

I know I have asked before (and probably ignored the responses) but I am graduallly narrowing down my choices of where to stay for a few days in Bangkok. ...Alll advice welcome, thanks.
    The Regency Park on Sukhumvit Soi 22, not far from the Emporium Shopping Centre, is a gay-friendly hotel - I believe it used to be Utopia's preferred G&L-friendly place. I've stayed there several times with BF in tow and never had any problems.

You can book over the Internet at several sites - I just googled the hotel and came up with one for approximaltey $US37 or 1400 baht per night for a standard room - http://www.gothailand.com/hotels/bangko ... ency-park/

Liked
    You may want to see if they have a "friends of dicks cafe" rate.. It is around 2150B per night..

that is what my last confirmation was at for a July stay.

john
    TOQ Tired Old Queen

Don't feed the trolls, Don't feed the trolls, I keep telling myself ..........

Liked
    You may want to check out Chin House. It is very nice and close to the action.

www.chinhouse.com (Click on Chin House II for info and rates)
    These are the good'ol days

Chin House??

Chin House II --

Validity : January 1st - December 31st 2005
    ROOM TYPE SIZE
    (SQ.M.) MONTHLY RATE
    Studio 28 45,000-
    1 Bedroom 56 75,000.-
    2 Bedroom (Standard) 85 95,000.-
    2 Bedroom (Deluxe) 88 99,000.-
    Penthouse 231 220,000.- (Yearly Rental Only)
    Extra Bed 500 Baht/day

Where is the good rate?
    You stayed there before?

Liked

Re: Chin House??

To get the daily rate, divide the monthly rate by 30 days. So the 45,000 monthly rate, once divided by 30 becomes 1,500.

I have stayed there before and LOVED it. It is a 10 minute slow walk to Telephone Pub. The rooms are very comfortable, modern and clean with top notch service. If you get a 1 bedroom then the room will come with a kitchen and living room. I liked the 1 bedroom the most and everyone who came to the room also loved it.

There was no joiners fee and you could bring a small army to your room and nothing will be said (Grin).

If you want comfort, security and a good location then you can't beat the chin house.

And if anyone tries to get you to stay at the Regent in Silom next to Freemans Dance Arena... Tell them NO and run away! Run away fast! http://www.regentsilom.com. The place is very much in the middle of the gay area but they do charge a joiners fee, the AC never seems to cut the mustard, the maids never seem to close your door enough to lock, the hot water may not work in your room and the Executive room is only 1" bigger than the Deluxe room and is a rip-off! And the TV only gets 3 stations. Fuzzy, Foreign and BBC News....

Make yourself happy... Go to the Chin House

This time I will stay at babylon in their new rooms with the tiny TV and little refrigerator

Quote Originally Posted by Scott123
    Chin House II --

Validity : January 1st - December 31st 2005
    ROOM TYPE SIZE
    (SQ.M.) MONTHLY RATE
    Studio 28 45,000-
    1 Bedroom 56 75,000.-
    2 Bedroom (Standard) 85 95,000.-
    2 Bedroom (Deluxe) 88 99,000.-
    Penthouse 231 220,000.- (Yearly Rental Only)
    Extra Bed 500 Baht/day

Where is the good rate?
    You stayed there before?
    These are the good'ol days

Re: Chin House??

Quote Originally Posted by bucknaway
    It is a 10 minute slow walk to Telephone Pub
    Indeed. The quickest part of the walk is taking your life in your hands as you cross Silom Rd