Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Property in Thailand

Property in Thailand

I was just looking at property for sale on an internet site - it looks extremely cheaper than I thought, has there been a decirease in property prices in Pattaya recently? I noticed a few properties in the 3 million range (2 bed apartments), albeit not new build, and somewhere else a few "deals". I do appreciate there is a vast difference in price of properties a few years old compared to new build. But overall they look cheap. Thoughts.

Property

I agree the prices seem to comming down some but I also think they will continue to come down. The big rip-off today is buying condos before they are built or finished and then being left with an unfinished building or a contractor that declares bankruptcy. Never buy anything that is not finished and immediately available to move into.

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    It certainly feels like a buyer's market.
    Some say the Russian money is keeping prices relatively steady and Arab
    money as well on some high end properties..
    The speculators are out of this market, at least in Pattaya/Jomtien and I would agree
    with luvthai and be very careful, especially of unbuilt or unfinished condos... :cat:

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    good time to buy..the Russians are coming to save Pattaya. There's a huge property convention later this year in Moscow at which Thailand will be featuring heavily. There's a booming middle class in Russia with accesible cash that wants quality digs by the sea.
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

Liked

Lunchtime

While in Russia some time ago, I could not help but notice how fine the people were. Tall and slender and blond or at least light complected. It might not be such a bad thing if they move next door. Those Russians are a beautiful people to behold. If one is into sticky-rice, then it would not be such a big deal, but young Russians have to be among the tops in great looking bodies, both guys and gals.

The way to buy off plan ...

... is to pay in instalments, the final instalment being paid upon completion. In a lot of cases, that is the norm, however, you still come across "crooks". I have a friend who is buying in Morocco who is paying in such a way, the changes and what they haven't told her is unbelievable, one of the caveats was that she could only live in it for a few weeks a year and it has to be rented out via their management company. They soon changed their mind - they didn't realise she had set up an internet group and basically a large chunk of would be owners joined. The rest is history and they soon backed down. Other things they do is change their mind about fixtures, fittings, furnishings etc, using cheaper models and then saying we are not putting items in the apartment anymore. They expect you to just sit back and agree.

Stick to buying one that has been built for a few years.

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    ' I have a friend who is buying in Morocco .."

and what is she doing in Morrocco and where ?

Lovely people those Arab lads..they love to kiss you like you are woman ( well..old bat in my case)..soft skin..wonderful !

That old queen Lawrence was so in love with his Arab boy he couldn't bear to leave him behind..so shot him dead.
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

Re: Lunchtime

Quote Originally Posted by bing
    While in Russia some time ago, I could not help but notice how fine the people were. Tall and slender and blond or at least light complected. It might not be such a bad thing if they move next door. Those Russians are a beautiful people to behold. If one is into sticky-rice, then it would not be such a big deal, but young Russians have to be among the tops in great looking bodies, both guys and gals.
    Ho ho! You bring back a memory from the time I was living and working in San Francisco. This involved daily bus rides which were frequently unpleasant. But one evening, while returning home, I was completely amazed to see a handsome heterosexual couple sitting across from me -- both blonde, and (gasp) with a very cute blond baby -- happily riding the bus around San Francisco and enjoying the sights.

For some reason(s), you just never see such a thing on a San Francisco bus. You may see black leather queens dripping chains and razor blades, discussing why the spinach quiche last night didn't turn out JUST right, you can definitely find drug addicts, criminals, the homeless and other such by the handful -- but a good-looking young married couple with a child???? Unheard of!

Just then, they began speaking to one another, and the light-bulb went on over my head. They were Russian! :-) :-0

By the way, Mr. O'Booze, you can just shut up about those boys from the Maghreb. :-) It makes me all moist! (My first lover was Tunisian, and my second was Moroccan. If Thailand blew up and I miraculously survived, I'd be back in the Maghreb in a heartbeat.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchtime O'Booze
    ' I have a friend who is buying in Morocco .."

and what is she doing in Morrocco and where ?

Lovely people those Arab lads..they love to kiss you like you are woman ( well..old bat in my case)..soft skin..wonderful !

That old queen Lawrence was so in love with his Arab boy he couldn't bear to leave him behind..so shot him dead.
    She won't be doing anything, her partner of 12 years is Moroccan, hence the interest, buying a Le Mango type villa, forgot what part of Morocco, but she is watching it being built very closely and won't part with her instalments till each stage is completely finished and that has had its major hickups at times but has increased in value quite a lot since the "beginnings" I suspect she will and her partner retire there eventually.

Ditto

Ditto to all the posts above.

40% discounts are not unusual and I have even seen houses discounted by a desperate 60% to get a quick sale.

The influx of Russians could also have an adverse affect on house prices as some housing estates can be very "national", although this is likely to be less noticeable with condos.