List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Friday 4 July Events for Independence Day.

Oud's Cafe and Bar

For July 4 they will have Cherry Pie and Apple pie on offer. Great hamburgers and pork BBQ and chicken sandwiches with french fries or home made baked beans will be available too. Oh, and wonderful chocolate malted milk shakes!! Located across from Topman in Sunee Plaza

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1
    As reported by a ting tong....
    Star Boys Boys is having a 4th of July Party with free food and Special entertainment.

Doors open from 8.30 pm to late. Show about 11pm
    Location; Soi Pattayaland 1

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    I'm always a bit wary of celebrating this day in a foreign country..after an incident on the lovely Greek island of Mykonos ( before it was invaded by all those plain queens and "celebrity DJs").

The delightful bar called Pierros was were we all gathered nightly as a Puerto Rican drag star named Carlos did a fab version of Liz Minnelli precariously atop the bar only 12 inches wide as he dodged whirling ceiling fans-he convinced me that we must celebrate the coming 4Th of July in costume and at parties.

I readily agreed-for I was only young then, and stitched up overnight, fueled by Ouzo, a lovely costume that consisted of red white and blue whatever..but I looked sensational in Stars & Stripes.

We gathered, not at the bar-but at the famous ( late) Pierro's home-owner of the bar and owner of the most sensational clifftop house with windows opening wide with a breathtaking view of the Aegean spread below.

Much champagne was consumed in the intoxicating breeze and we set out on foot to one of the famous Mykonos windmills-then owned by Lady Thingamabob (can't remember her name) which had been converted to a glorious home-if somewhat noisy as the wind grew and the sails gathered pace.

AS we entered those charming white washed cobble-stoned streets of Mykonos town, I gradually became aware of quiet mutterings from the locals that gradually grew to rather rude insults finally accompanied by some rather hefty rocks flung in our direction..we ran , screeching as missiles pelted down upon us-a group of terrified screaming queens in a blur of red, white and blue until we finally reached the safety of Pierro's Bar where we tore of our costumes.

How was I to know that Pierro had just been released from an Athens jail after 9 months with the accusation that he was a CIA spy reporting for the Greek generals who had just been deposed ?

That was the day I realised that the Irish will go just about anywhere for a free drink but Americans are not always too popular. I don't know if things have changed much !
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunchtime O'Booze
    I'm always a bit wary of celebrating this day in a foreign country..after an incident on the lovely Greek island of Mykonos ( before it was invaded by all those plain queens and "celebrity DJs").
    That was the day I realised that the Irish will go just about anywhere for a free drink but Americans are not always too popular. I don't know if things have changed much !
    Try Denmark! The US Fourth of July is celebrated as a National Holiday in Denmark. Americans and Irish always welcome.

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    "Try Denmark! "

I've been invited there for a conference in June '09 so I just might.

I hope you will be able to refer me to where one might make the acquaintance of young Danish gentleman !

I was once given the best b/j in my life by a Danish taxi driver visiting London..many years ago. Never forgot it !
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

Liked

I bet that's news to the Danes

Quote Originally Posted by francois
    Try Denmark! The US Fourth of July is celebrated as a National Holiday in Denmark. Americans and Irish always welcome.
    When was this proclaimed? I was in Denmark on 4th July some years ago and no Dane was celebrating the date then as a public holiday.

The Rebil soicety- A Danish American Friendship organization

Danes and Danish-Americans celebrate the U.S. Independence Day by the world's largest 4. July event outside the United States.
    But it is not a National Holiday in Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by francois
    As they say in Denmark "Han taler nosser"

Danish Public Holidays . A pint of Akvavit (Akavit) to the first person to find July 4th on this list.

Liked

Re: The Rebil soicety- A Danish American Friendship organiza

Quote Originally Posted by Soi 69
    Danes and Danish-Americans celebrate the U.S. Independence Day by the world's largest 4. July event outside the United States.
    But it is not a National Holiday in Denmark
    I stand corrected. Maybe better to say some Danes celebrate Fourth of July as an American National Holiday?