Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

View Poll Results: Why do you visit gogo bars?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • To see the shows

5 7.69%
  • To view the gogo boys

29 44.62%
  • Both the above

26 40.00%
  • To make my BF jealous

0 0%
  • For the "free" airconditioning

5 7.69%

Thread: Show Now! Show Now!

Liked

Show Now! Show Now!

Hi All
    With the imminent closure of the Birdcage - which in my opinion had the bast looking Coyote/GoGo boys and one of the bast layouts in Pattaya, i was wondering what people really look for in a bar...

Do you guys go to look at the boys?
    Or go to look at the shows?
    Or a bit of both?

Personally i have no time for long shows... especially those of the BKK bars veriety that go on for anhour

Can't understand why no bar has come up with the concept of using quick 15min shows interspersed with gogo and coyote dancing... the best of both worlds for everyone in my opinion

Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked
    My abiding memory from the extreme show was the wait in between each act... Maybe my memory is failing me - but i seem to recall 5 minute intolerable gaps of darkness between each act - listening to star wars music and waiting for the next act to start?

Premiminary results seem to show that less than half the customers have any interest whatsoever in a show in the gogo bars...

I know its only a small % of the potential market that has voted so far... ut it seems to me that shows are getting a big thumbs down so far...

Perhaps this might be a good pointer in the right direction for the future owner of the birdcage? ie. Dump the shows (and the fat show boys) and stick with the good looking go go and coyote boys!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

I go so i can stand outside and samoke!

Personally, I think that most guys are looking for a boy to shag. I think that the show is almost always an extra treat. If they happen to be in a bar at the right time, they'll watch the show with amazement, but only because they can't believe that they happened to be in the bar at the same time a show was going on. It's almost as if life has given them a little kiss on the cheek. They weren't necessarily looking for a show, but seeing as though one has just appeared in front of their eyes, they may as well watch it, now that they're there, and choose a boy later.

But at the end of the day, the show itself rarely influences on a guys choice. We all know that it's all make believe. We all know that the verocity of the boys dancing doesn't neccesarily translate to the same verocity of sexual performance in the bedroom. It's as hit and miss as picking someone up off the street. It's all good fun at the time, but that doesnt mean it'll translate when needed.

Stilll, bless 'em....

Liked: 1
    For me, the poll should divided into a Bangkok preference poll and a Pattaya preference poll. When I'm in Bangkok, I go into a bar primarily to see the shows. However, in Pattaya I go in to see the go-go boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Oogleman
    That is the case with me too Oogs. Now the new laws are in force for all the go go bars, I won't go anymore, other than to see a couple of owners now and again who are friends of mine. I can't see the point, especially if I am going to be spending more time standing outside the bars on the street with my drink, than I am spending inside.

Oh well, I guess I will have to wait until the ash trays reappear back on the tables again, which should be in about 6 months time at the most. :8(

George.

Liked
    Try that on a 10 flight to Thailand. What DO you poor buggers do in that case?

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    This poor bugger arrives on two 7 hour flights with a 3 hour cigarette break in Dubai :clown:

I then get a limo with a half hour break for coffee and a fag.

The "poison" that cigarettes provide are to top up my system that has run on tar and nicotine for over 45 years.

Without this "poison" I do not like me and my body rebels giving all sorts of apparently non related problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles

Cheers ...
    How To Smoke In An Airplane

"How To Get Away With Smoking In An Airplane "

Things to place in your carry-on bag:

*Duct tape
    *Bowl (the lighter the better, a simple plastic soup bowl should suffice)
    *Novelty Fart Spray (or a spray air-freshener as a weak alternative)
    *Portable vacuum cleaner
    *Mouthwash/mouth spray
    *Your favorite pack of fags

What:

Successfully succumbing to your smoking urges in the luxurious confines of an airplane restroom.

How:

Once inside the lavatory, make sure that you lock your door. Next, locate the smoke detector and place the bowl under the detector, thereby encompassing the detector within the confines of the bowl. Tape the rim of the bowl to the wall/ceiling, making sure no gaps remain. If you wish to be extra cautious, tape over the edges of the lavatory door as well. As you light up, simply turn on the portable vacuum cleaner and let it suck up the smoke. After you?re done, and the smoke is successfully dissipated, spray the novelty fart spray throughout the lavatory (the novelty fart spray is a nice alternative to air freshener on account of the air freshener giving a greater indication of an attempt to cover up a smell, which of course may be your own bodily odor).

Finally, rinse with mouthwash/spray to get the odor off your own body, remove the tape/bowl, and walk out?And remember that a fine for tampering with the smoke detectors may be as much as $2000 :cheers: :clown: