Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: buying a condo in pattaya

buying a condo in pattaya

Hi. I am in Pattaya for a short visit and would like to explore the possibility of purchasing a condo or town house. I need a real estate agent...any recommendations? Thanks!

Liked
    There is no cost to the buyer to use an agent. The cost is to the seller. If you contact the seller directly, you should at the very least demand a discount because they won't be paying a commission. There aren't many good agents.
    Cunt Pride!

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Strontium-40
    My only advice: never, ever consider buying something off-plan. Look at things that have been around for a few years, and have not yet started to crumble.
    I agree. Off plan has often translated to never built.
    Cunt Pride!

Quote Originally Posted by Narakmak
    There is no cost to the buyer to use an agent. The cost is to the seller. ....
    every penny of the transaction is comming from the buyer's pocket.

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott123
    You could look at it that way. But upon sale, the seller pays the agent out of his proceeds.
    Cunt Pride!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott123
    How anyone could seriously think otherwise says volumes about some of those posting here.

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    you don't need one agent..you need a dozen. There is so much building going up it's mind blowing.

You should hire a car and spend days driving around. For inspiration check out the Sanctuary development in Soi Pattaya-Naklua which has it's own beach. The magnificent building at the front is the Thai owner's residence.

I lived in this area a about 4 years ago at AA Villas which were considered too far out of town and in a village hamlet..now it's like a smart end of town with some beautiful developments designed by Thai architects. I have a Thai friend there whose humble little shop has become a hive of activity with him making a small fortune out of motor-cycle rentals, Internet cafe and so. The town is going to boom and when a condo is probably one -twentieth of the price you pay for back home..what's to lose ???
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchtime O'Booze
    For inspiration check out the Sanctuary development in Soi Pattaya-Naklua which has it's own beach.
    If you are referring to the development at Naklua Soi 14, this is not a private beach, it is part Wong Amat beach and regularly accessed from there.

The town is going to boom .... a condo is probably one -twentieth of the price you pay for back home..
    "one-twentieth" - where exacly are these condos, and what country / city are you comparing them to (with condos of similar size, construction, amenities, location, etc) ?
    Condos in Pattaya are around 50,000 to 100,000 baht per square metre (some more, some less); where in the world, even remotely comparable, are you going to pay 1,000,000 to 2,000,000 baht per square metre?

what's to lose ???
    Whatever you paid!!!!

Out to Lunch, you seem to have forgotten "give me time I will get the figures" of 20 May. How long will we need to wait this time? An admission of error, for once, would be equally acceptable.

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    what bloody figures are you talking about Gone Mad ???

and I consider a beach at your doorstep a "private beach" though it may not be strictly yours but it's actually not the most accessible spot for the general public nor would they be likely to be rushing down there.

New York, Belgravia..take your bloody pick you nitpicker.

and come back John Botting...pleasssse !!!!!

NB: oh yes I see the figures you are talking about but the answer is-do the bloody work yourself. I haven't got time to bother with a f**wit like you and spend an eternity going back and forth while you argue the toss about bugger all.

thank God for the ignore button-the first time I shall ever use it ..if you were mad you might be slightly interesting..you're just bloody boring.
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

what bloody figures are you talking about Gone Mad ???
    The ones you said that you would produce, given time, after I had done "the bloody work myself", showing that you were wrong by a factor of 10 - you quoted 4-5%, whereas the actual figure was 52%.

I consider a beach at your doorstep a "private beach" though it may not be strictly yours
    So do some of Pattaya's less reputable estate agents; elsewhere "private" means "private", not nearby.

New York, Belgravia..take your bloody pick you nitpicker.
    Hardly nit-picking. Belgravia prices vary between $21,800 to 36,200; Upper Manhattan, New York are between $13,270 and 22,920. Pattaya is hardly Belgravia or Upper Manhattan; average prices per square metre in London are $2,400 and in New York $2,000 - pretty well par with Bangkok prices, where the average is 78,500 baht ($2,450). The South China Morning Post of 25 April 2008 put the average price paid for Grade A condominiums in Pattaya at 89,680 baht ($2,800), well above average London prices.

I see the figures you are talking about but the answer is-do the bloody work yourself. I haven't got time to bother with a f**wit like you and spend an eternity going back and forth while you argue the toss about bugger all.
    Being wrong by a factor of ten previously and twenty now may be "bugger all" to you; it certainly puts the value you put on our own advice in a new light.

..if you were mad you might be slightly interesting..you're just bloody boring.
    "boring" .... quite possibly, but I prefer that to being constantly proved wrong!