Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Songkran dates

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Songkran dates

Does anyone know the dates of the official Songkran celebration held in Phuket and then in Bangkok for '08? As you know, Songkran is celebrated on different days between April 10 thru April 19. Unfortunately, Pattaya celebrates it as soon as possible and ends it on the last day during those dates.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

?

No one knows? - Guess I'll have to write to www.songkran.com and ask! :blackeye:

Making an effort

Or you could try Google, although we know from past experience asking someone else to do the work is your preferred mode of operation

Liked
    The national dates for Songkran are April 13-15 and, at least in Chiangmai, those have been the fixed dates for years. I understand they celebrate it a few extra days in Pattaya and some rural areas (I've seen some water throwing still happening in small rural towns in the north after April 15th) but I understand (hopefully correctly) that the holiday is celebrated everywhere in Thailand between the 13th and 15th.

Pattaya Song Kran

Pattaya dates are usually 13 to 19 April, twice inclusive. The second inclusion is water pistols, water cannon, buckets and hoses on all main roads. Baht buses are a much loved targets. Many baht bus drivers put down the plastic side curtains, which they also use for heavy rain - mere ploy ploy (drizzle, I think, in Thai.) compared to a full Pattaya water bombardment. The protection offered by the side curtains makes alighting passengers almost irresistible prey. This sport is meant to stop at sunset each day, but the predators returning to their lairs are always pleased to soak anyone heading out to dinner in their best clothes.
    It might be guessed that I am not a huge fan of Song Kran in Pattaya. It is for the enthusiastically amphibious. Much better to get wet in one of Pattaya's saunas.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

bah humbug..

jonti, I agree 100% with your amphibious comments. Much better to be anywhere else than in the streets of Pattaya
    during the annual madness, especially the last few days. The trick is to get to the sauna without getting drenched by
    joyous celebrants.. bah , humbug... :cat:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Making an effort

Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    Or you could try Google, although we know from past experience asking someone else to do the work is your preferred mode of operation
    Homitorn...or whatever your member name is, you're a perfect example of one of the smart arses on this board that has to be pretentious. Yes, I did look it up on Google before asking on this forum. DUH