Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Any Up Dates

Liked

Any Up Dates

Heading to Bankgok and Pattaya to get away from the cold weather, any up dates in Soi 6, and Pattaya....

Re: Any Up Dates

Updates on WHAT exactly ?? !!

The price of beer, the availability of rooms, the price of boys, the opening and closing of bars, the political situation in Thailand, the best place to change money, the hottest / sleaziest go go bars, the cost of a taxi from the airport to your hotel ??? Give us at least half a chance !!!!

Oh and all of the answers to the above and much much more are no doubt contained in many recent threads if you just take a minute and do a quick search on the search box re the topic or key word your actually interested in thanks to da boss keeping everything so strictly on topic for people JUST like you. :-)

Enjoy your trip, be sure to give us all an update of how you got on when you're back ! :-)

Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by NIrish Guy
    Updates on WHAT exactly ?? !!

The price of beer, the availability of rooms, the price of boys, the opening and closing of bars, the political situation in Thailand, the best place to change money, the hottest / sleaziest go go bars, the cost of a taxi from the airport to your hotel ??? Give us at least half a chance !!!!

Oh and all of the answers to the above and much much more are no doubt contained in many recent threads if you just take a minute and do a quick search on the search box re the topic or key word your actually interested in thanks to da boss keeping everything so strictly on topic for people JUST like you. :-)

Enjoy your trip, be sure to give us all an update of how you got on when you're back ! :-)
    Take a chill pill there NIrish :bounce:

Actually I may be wrong but I do believe the OP is asking about Soi6 where the ladyboy are mainly located. Seems a reasonable request to ask for a simple update. I've seen many such requests before. :hello2: To the OP: If you check out Pattaya Addicts I think you might find useful info there. They are currently in the midst of a campaign to 'save Soi6'. Looks like bars are closing big time as the hotel developers move in.

Aye ok, I stand corrected although to the fair the OP wasn't exactly specific in what he was asking perhaps......or maybe for those that know all about the ladyboys of soi 6 he absolutely was perhaps, anyway, fair enough, I hope he gets the info he's looking from someone.

Liked

Just be careful and kind to others. I am reading that some think that there is rising resentment and attacks on tourist, mostly in Phuket but spreading beyond the island.
    These are the good'ol days

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bucknaway
    Just be careful and kind to others. I am reading that some think that there is rising resentment and attacks on tourist, mostly in Phuket but spreading beyond the island.
    Where are you reading this?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bucknaway
    First, let's stay away from tabloid journalism, the phrase "some think," I would expect better from Bucknaway. Rising resentment, no proof of that, Phuket depends on tourists, you won't find any face to face resentment. There was a failed purse snatch attempt this past week that resulted in the stabbing death of an Australian woman, yes that is serious, however it is not a rampant happening. There were two sisters, Canadian, died of poisoning on PHi Phi Island. The actual cause and circumstances are still not clear.

The most serious threat to tourists in Phuket, right now, is drowning. The monsoons stir up the riptides and several the past month or so have drowned.
    Tourists don't seem to know what those red flags mean.
    Life is sexually transmitted and terminal.

Liked

I am getting it from the comments section of the news stories I am reading in the Thai/English online newspapers. The latest was about the story of the Australian Kick Boxer who was beaten and left for dead. Some accounts report that he was on his motorbike at a traffic light only to be kicked from his bike and beat badly and expected to die. That was only after several other Non-Thai attacks and killings. Many of the locals who posted say that there is a growing element of resentment and attacks on Non-Thai. One writer told of an attack he witnessed where it seemed that a drunk german was killed where he was resisting arrest and a local hit the germen in the back of the scull with a log. The newspaper admitted that a lot of incidents don't make it into the papers.

While at work I skim the Thai papers. Here is a link that you can use to read this and other stories and read some of the comments from people who live on the island and in and around Thailand.

https://www.google.com/webhp?rlz=1C1SKP ... p&pdl=3000

Here is a direct link to the story if you wish to read it. AND all I did was offer my opinion and a warning. Face it, we may love Thailand but don't fool yourself into thinking it is all sunshine and handsome guys.

http://www.thephuketnews.com/aussie-bea ... -31469.php
    These are the good'ol days