List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to go with Boyfriend in June?

Where to go with Boyfriend in June?

Any suggestions where to go in Thailand with my Boyfriend in June?

If we are together then Nightlife is not important and he hates Pattaya. If he's feeling well then he enjoys swimming and loves anything to do with animals.

We've both had enough of Bangkok which he knows well and have visited all the places in the surrounding area.

Hua Hin suits me but it's not that far from where he lives and somewhere a bit different for him would be nice.

He's always going on about Koh Chang but I don't know anything about it.

Liked
    Well, I'd suggest going to Phuket and making sure you do the diving/snorkeling run to Koh Phi Phi, Koh Pagna, etc. I did that with the beloved a few years back and we both loved it.

And, if the FantaSea show is still going, take him to that. I guarantee you'll enjoy it and he'll like it even more.

Hi Jon, Although you have asked where to go in June, you haven't said for how long. However, with regard to Koh Chang, others may have different opinions, but it's not particularly somewhere I would be wanting to spend more than a few days.

In view of what you have said about your b/f enjoying swimming and loving anything to do with animals, I am going to give you a heads up on one of my favourite places. It's a place that I have loved for many years and one I have visited several times.

With regard to the animals part, I can tell you that there are 67 different kinds of mammals there and over 300 species of birds. Some 200 to 300 wild elephants reside within the park boundaries and other recorded mammals there, include sambar deer, barking deer, gaur, wild pig, Malayan sun bear, Asiatic black bear, tiger, leopard, serow and various gibbon and macaques. The bonus is; that in general, these animals are easily spotted during the rainy season from June which is when you have said you want to go away, until October.

Here are a couple of links for you to check out and discuss with your b/f, to see what you both think. It's more likely than not, that he would have never been there, or even perhaps heard of it. The place I am referring to is Khao Yai National Park. There is accommodation available within the park, as well as hotels outside, which are close by.

This website has some good information, as well as some good photographs. http://www.dnp.go.th/parkreserve/asp/st ... pid=9&lg=2

And here is a link to it's own website. I have given you the link to the first page of five, where you will be able to discover all there is to know about this beautiful National Park. http://www.khaoyai.com/khaoyaipark.html

Choc Dee Jon, I hope this suggestion helps along with the info and you get to see Khao Yai sometime, even if it isn't this June.

George.

Koh Chang is a nice place, well at least it was 6 years ago, well, very quite, but i assume your bf knows it is on the better end now?

Samet is funny, if you are into the fun of people making a holiday break from bkk and pattaya. Samet still have the feeling of being back backers, but I think it will be the PLACE. Oh, i hope not more changed than 5 years. Last year they had 2 7-11. the fair went from 40 to 400 bht, to just go into the island as a farang. . But I still found it to be my place.

Liked

Koh Samui

Why not look at Koh Samui

try this gay website for ideas

http://www.gaykohsamui.net/
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Koh Chang is a good choice for a few days.

I would recommend that you rent a car and just start drivng. My BF and I just completed a great road trip to Unbon Ratchanthai and beyond. We ended up driving north from there and just wondered about. On the way back we went through Surin. All along the way there were great things to see and food to eat. I took about 1,000 pictures and will have great memories.

Don't let the driving scare you; once out of the crazy driving of BKK and Pattaya the people drive very well and actually stop for pedestrians. The Thai police were the only negitive part of the adventure; they seem to be unusually hungry this year. Make sure you have a pile of 100 baht bills to pass to the nice policemen that will stop you and slip his hand through the drivers window. Slip him the 100 and he will say "Thank you", and you will be on your way. Most of the time their will be nothing else said as soon as the 100 hits his hand. We got stopped five times in about 2,000 KM. Be a bit of an adventurer and just start driving.

Liked
    Short answer: don't go in June. Visit a few weeks earlier to catch the Rocket Festival in Yasathon - 2nd weekend of May. Definitely worth the effort.
    By June, the rains will have started everywhere... some areas fare better than others in terms of rainfall, although it will be much hotter in May.
    Dick

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick
    Short answer: don't go in June. Visit a few weeks earlier to catch the Rocket Festival in Yasathon - 2nd weekend of May. Definitely worth the effort.
    By June, the rains will have started everywhere... some areas fare better than others in terms of rainfall, although it will be much hotter in May.
    The rainy season in Phuket/Koh Samui is more in September. I know I have been drowned in 2 holdays at that time

go to this link which suggests the best time to go Koh Samui is december-june

and gives you info re Koh Phangan and the full moon parties on June 1 and 29

the half moon parties are June 8 and 22

http://www.samui.org/kohphangan/

Get your bookings in early if going at end of June as it is midwinter school holidays in Australia

http://www.2samui.com/
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked: 1
    Your experience of Koh Chang will depend on where you stay and how you get there. There are quiet parts and busier parts, but no gay parts. There are good beaches and lousy beaches. But not an awful lot to do otherwise. Some boat trips for snorkeling with the fishes. Some waterfalls that may or may not be flowing. Some nice restaurants.

It's easier to get to these days, as you can fly to Trat. Long bus or mini-bus trip from BKK or Pattaya is not particularly pleasant. Some transport options will just dump you at one of the ferries and you'll be lugging your luggage on and off, and then onto song taew on Koh Chang. I don't know if any of the hotels pick up at the airport, but that would be the way to go.

Unless you can afford to travel to Koh Chang in style, I'd suggest flying to Phuket or Krabi. Medical support would be better there too.

Koh Chang is a very pleasant spot for a few days. The BF loves it. He too loves to swim. Lots of small islands to visit, some very private. Decent snorkling and diving, great vistas, and a great place for romance. No apparent gay scene like Samui or Phuket, but surprising number of young lads hitting on both of us and wanting to party.

Swimming pool just off the sand and overlooking the sea. Dining on the beach by candelight.

Many of the hotels can arrange pick up and drop off at the ferry. We hired a car and driver to and from Pattaya.