Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Taxi prices BKK airport to Pattaya

Taxi prices BKK airport to Pattaya

I recently went for a public taxi from the "stand" at Bkk airport and was told it was Bht 1,500. Is that right does anyone know. I thought what a rip off, 1/2 hour less journey time to Pattaya and its costing more. I settled for a tout at 1,300, I'm sure I was ripped off there also.

Re: Taxi prices BKK airport to Pattaya

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteDesire
    I recently went for a public taxi from the "stand" at Bkk airport and was told it was Bht 1,500. Is that right does anyone know. I thought what a rip off, 1/2 hour less journey time to Pattaya and its costing more. I settled for a tout at 1,300, I'm sure I was ripped off there also.
    That's the going rate for a meter taxi one way.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by TopChinese
    Recently a friend of mine who is on only his second visit did the same thing, and the driver could not find Poseiden

It took over 3 hours and many stops, before he arrived. Then there was a confrontation over the extra time the driver wasted. He asked for an extra 1000 baht, my friend refused but ended up giving a 500 baht tip

After a long flight the last thing I want is wasted time getting to my hotel/condo. If it is an early evening arrival, I want to get out to at least one bar to try my luck.

I always have a cab booked from the hotel waiting for me. He takes control of my bags and delivers me to the door no hassle. It is worth the 1500 baht that Gems charge
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Is there a railway being opened from BKK airport>Pattaya>BKK airport I wonder?

Liked

Is there a railway being opened from BKK airport>Pattaya>BKK airport I wonder?
    The answer to your query is in a wowpow thread of a few days ago

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... 13732.html

You deleted your first comments on my post above where you mentioned the fare from the old airport was 1200 baht,
    3 years ago

Gems taxi are airconditioned , comfortable and recent models, ALL TOLL FEES ARE PAID,they are waiting for me at the exit from customs, no hassle outside trying to get a cheaper taxi and the Gems driver knows exactly where I am going.

I am not tall 183mm, but have longer legs than average. I find taximeter cabs uncomfortable and on the smaller size

My flights are only 9 hours non stop, yours from London are much longer. IMHO I just want to get to my hotel quickly
    comfortably and without fuss. I have flown in twice to the new airport in the last 8 months.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat
    I am not tall 183mm, but have longer legs than average. ....
    183 mm is surely not tall - it is 18.3 centimeters, or about 7 inches! Presumably you meany six feet tall or 183 centimeters (1.83 meters)?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cottmann
    Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat
    I am not tall 183mm, but have longer legs than average. ....
    183 mm is surely not tall - it is 18.3 centimeters, or about 7 inches! Presumably you meany six feet tall or 183 centimeters (1.83 meters)?
    Ha ha you are so right 1.83m

Reminds me of a sign I saw on a toilet wall

I am 16 and 10 inches

underneath was written how big is your dick

Wom

Do you stutter?

From Pattaya to BKK airport, the Ambience hotel quoted 2600 baht.

The guy at the stand in the next street said a metered taxi was 900 baht. I took this & the actual vehicle was a Toyota Camry, in very good condition.
    900 baht seems good value, considering the distance.

Presumably there must be a way of booking the BKK==> Patay leg for a similar price?

Quote Originally Posted by TopChinese
    That's the going rate for a meter taxi! Don't make me laugh. The going rate for a meter taxi is whatever they can get you to agree to pay for the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Z909
    Presumably there must be a way of booking the BKK==> Patay leg for a similar price?
    Don't put any money on it, will you. The price of a metered taxi from Pattaya to the airport, provided it is booked from one of the many kiosks, is actually only 800 Baht, however I doubt there would be too many occasions when the car turning up to take you would be a Camry as it was for you. You certainly struck lucky with that booking.

G.