Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: airport taxi to bkk

airport taxi to bkk

Having never travelled from the airport into bkk before by taxi, can any one tell me what I can expect to pay for a ride to the Tarntawan

Re: airport taxi to bkk

Quote Originally Posted by aot87
    Having never travelled from the airport into bkk before by taxi, can any one tell me what I can expect to pay for a ride to the Tarntawan
    When I did it in November last it was 350 Baht including 50 Baht airport levy but, speaking to others who have paid higher, the meter fare seems to vary. Suppose it depends on the route the driver takes (and the accuracy of the meter !!).

Re: Taxi

Quote Originally Posted by fattman
    You'd have to pay any tollway/express charges too.
    My trip was aiport to Tarntawan. The fare of 350 Baht included all tolls and the airport levy.

Liked
    I stay on Sukhumvit Soi 71, so normally around 140-150 baht on the meter and 50 baht airport surcharge, no tollways needed to where I'm going

Whatever you do, insist on the meter, more and more people claim they have been charged a flat fee from the official taxi stand (never happened to me though).

The fare depends on the route and even more so on the speed of the Taxi, in rush hour traffic, and if the car does only a few KM per hour, there is a slow moving fee of 1.25 baht per minute, this can drive up the fee.

This week, late evening ...

... I paid 180 baht plus tolls from the airport to the Lumphini area -{added later} plus the 50-baht airport fee

Liked
    I just got in from Suvarnabhumi and noticed that they have moved all the taxi stands again. Now there are only two on the second floor, one near exit A and the other almost to Exit C, door 10. Where the last public taxi stand was located is now the TOT limo stand.

As is often the case one of the stands gets 80% of the traffic and the other is less busy, less of a wait. The B section passengers were being herded to exit A.

I came in domestic but took a look in Immigration and it was wall to wall people in line. One section (C) was closed.

From the outside side walk it's easy to walk to the other section but you can do it from inside.
    E Dok Tong