Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hotel rooms in Pattaya are going to be more expensive

Re: Hotel rooms in Pattaya are going to be more expensive

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteDesire
    .... next year, according to:

http://pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml#hd3

They will be if you're paying in US greenbacks.

Pounds Sterling, Euros,Aussie Dollars or Canadian loonies, that'll do nicely sir!

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Re: Hotel rooms in Pattaya are going to be more expensive

Quote Originally Posted by kquill
    or Canadian loonies, that'll do nicely sir!
    Careful my friend... The wrath of Smiles may descend on you.

Any time after the 27th when he moves to Hua Hin.

Yes, I did read this article in the latest Pattaya Mail--makes typical Thai sense--if there aren't many customers/tourists, what should we do, raise the prices on those brave souls who still venture into the country or make their way down to pattaya. Nothing like increased prices, they seem to think, that will give the impression that pattaya is a high end resort--they said they were worried that Vietnam and Malaysis were increasingly attracting tourists, so therefore it makes perfect sense to raise the rates.

In the article they state, "He added that Pattaya was still expected to stay ahead because of its large number of attractions and its well-developed facilities,..." I wonder what "attractions" and "well-developed facilities he was referring to??

Near the end of the article it discusses that the City has budgeted 20 million baht to spent on promotion of tourism in Pattaya--well, after everyone from the top down steals their share of these funds, they might 5 baht left for one city official to ride a bit in a baht bus and yell out to passing farangs where they can find a good meal!?

as long as ...

... Pattaya remains in the name of the resort, people will still flock there.

peopk will "flock there"--you are joking right--after each low season in recent years has been a new low, and each new high season has seemed like previous year's low seasons--and except for a few bars many of the bars even in high season, were far from crowded--where do all these people "flocking" go??

Can't keep a good place down

I'll bet that Ben Mansion will be booked full or even overbooked after all the free publicity they got this year.

The wrath of Smiles may descend on you.
    Be open to love and inspiration .

May i even be expressed in tears .

That the every day icon " Smiles " stand in his arrogance " Feels himself shelter'd like a wrath divine ! :flower:

Quote Originally Posted by baziel
    may pleasure his ear !
    He takes it like that? :flower: :cheers:

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Fatwa
    Quote Originally Posted by baziel
    may pleasure his ear !
    He takes it like that? :flower: :cheers:
    Let me edit ! OK ? :flower: