Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thailand v the Philippines

Liked

Thailand v the Philippines

I have been to Thailand many times but I am thinking of incorporating a visit to Manila as part of an Asian trip. My question is how does the scene in Manila compare with Bangkok? I believe Manila has far fewer go go bars but has a number of massage facilities that provide a "happy ending". How do these compare with Bangkok? I have googled Manila and have come up with some interesting looking venues but I would be interested in people's direct experiences and the names of venues that can be recommended and how they compare with Bangkok.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Manila was as much fun as Bangkok

in the past..unfortunately when that insane Marcos duo were running the joint.

It's gone downhill since then ( gay wise) but there is till plenty of action and the men are extremely handsome with a delightful Spanish mix.

Unfortunately like most places that relied on prostitution and whatever your moral thinking is-nothing has replaced the trade so people can be fairly desperate and dangerous.

Being a Catholic country it has all the wonderful things you can expect..like millions of temporarily lapsed Catholics if even only for the night.

Sadly it no longer has go-go bars which were often far better than Bangkok. Big shopping centres or large discos are the places to go.

It's become rather dangerous..it was even in the past. I was held up by 3 taxi drivers and once got caught in a shoot out between bank robbers and police. I was the one on the floor of the taxi screaming at the top of my lungs but the driver had already fled.

I still pay the occasional visit..I restrict my movements to the day and rarely go out at night.

## nothing in Thailand will ever compare to the stunning water falls outside Manilla..where handsome lads used to dive from rocks and swim to your boat. It was a paradise. Gone now.
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

Liked

Scams Galore!

I've only had a few contacts with Pinoy men, thru email, dating web sites and chats. Beware. There are a lot of scams coming from that part of the world. I hate to judge a whole groups of people just because of a few bad experiences, but they're all after the same thing. Money. It starts out innocent enough; the day you meet them also happens to be their birthday. Before long, you're sending them a birthday present, (cash, of course). Now I am not that quick with my wallet normally, but I have been a little naive, because you can be very vulnerable, especially when you get to see their faces on a webcam. They get close to you because their plight seems so hopeless. Usually parents who don't understand them. There are no gay places to go to really, many are closeted (due in part to their Catholic upbringing) and the internet is a safe places for them to meet new people and play.

But they play with your head and seduce you as hard as they can to get you to come and meet them. Moreover, some big drama takes place in which the hopelessness becomes critical and the only thing that solve their problem is of course, more money.

The faces I have seem of these boys are exceedingly beautiful and there are many of them online. If you already have plans to visit Manila or Cebu, you might be tempted to meet them online and then arrange a meeting, which was my original plan. That was quickly scrapped when I found out how manipulative and cunning some of them can be.

Don't waste your time in the Philippines. I've never heard anything from anyone who has visited there and found something equal to or better than what you can find in Thailand. It's just my opinion, but the things I've read about are usually horror stories.

It's kind of sad, really . . . and a little pathetic. But if I'm going to help someone financially (as i've done in the past while in Thailand,) I would rather have already met them, known them, trusted them, and vice-versa.

Play at your own risk.

Liked: 1

Re: Scams Galore!

Quote Originally Posted by thaiworthy
    . It starts out innocent enough; the day you meet them also happens to be their birthday.
    lol, very true . those pinoys have many birthday .

but they are so damn good looking :geek:
    Ofcourse I go with other Falang, it's my job, but you are the only one I love :)

but they are so damn good looking
    http://www.livejasmin.com/freechat.php? ... Y&tags=boy asian

And.... not blocked in Thailand ! :cheers:

Liked
    Thank you for your responses so far. As for scams it never ceases to amaze me how naive some westeners can be. People who go to Thailand, the Philippines, Brazil etc seeking "love". I am earthbound.I realize the boys are not interested in my middle aged body or my great university trained mind. I want a good time and they want money. I do appreciate the safety warnings having once been mugged in Rio. I would never again walk around after dark in that city and from what you have told me I would not do so in Manila.

I am simply trying to broaden my horizens. From my internet searches so far it would appear that there are some good massage establishments in Manila and I would be interested if anyone can give recommendations from their personal experiences.

Liked

Filipinos

I just spent a fortune on www.cameraboys.com (same performers as in baziel's link - but website of better quality IMHO), where the Asian guys are mostly Pinoys.

I think some behave similar to what you experience with some boys in Thailand: "buffalo sick - please send money". Though up to know only one (very cute and sexy looking) boy was talking to me in that way.

Some of them are extremely cute with sexy bodies. Only thing which strikes me: their cocks usually do not look nice, are even ugly sometimes (with rare exceptions). What's the reason of that: type of circumcision, genes? Anybody knows the answer? Sorry for the naive question ...

Liked

Filipinos

I just spent a fortune on www.cameraboys.com (same performers as in baziel's link - but website of better quality IMHO), where the Asian guys are mostly Pinoys.

I think some behave similar to what you experience with some boys in Thailand: "buffalo sick - please send money". Though up to know only one (very cute and sexy looking) boy was talking to me in that way.

Some of them are extremely cute with sexy bodies. Only thing which strikes me: their cocks usually do not look nice, are even ugly sometimes (with rare exceptions). What's the reason of that: type of circumcision, genes? Anybody knows the answer? Sorry for the naive question ...

Liked

WHAT CAN I SAY...

I am a sucker for Pinoy guys!!
    They are handsome and sweet and seductive.
    Yes, they take your heart and your money!!!
    I think the difference from Thailand is that they speak very good English.
    So it is easier to "get to know them" and "fall for their bait"!!!
    I would suggest getting outside Manila. It is big and dirty. Not unlike Bangkok but with out the charm.
    The Go-Go Bars in Manila are not as enjoyable as Bangkok or Pattaya. Most of the Guys are straight and the Filipino women get most of the attention.
    So travel to Cagayan de Oro or to Davao, both on the island of Mindao. And if yu are RICH travel to Boracay, a dream of a place for beach and boys!!
    Just understand the game. You are rich and they are poor. So why should they not expect you to put them through college and take care of the family!!!
    Budget wisely and you will have a great time!!!

:blackeye:

Filipinos are circumcized, and judging from what I've seen the "technicque" has not been perfected there. Lots of butcher jobs.