Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bangkok to Philippines

Bangkok to Philippines

Hi,
    My name is John and I last posted a question re: where to stay in Bangkok and Pattaya. Thanks to all that responded. Now my partner and I have another problem. We were planning to stay in Bangkok for 4 days then travel to Pattaya. Now we need to fly out to the Phillippines due to family illness. We would like to know, whether it would be easier and cheaper to purchase our tickets from Bangkok to the PI upon arriving in Bangkok or simply purchase it in the states. I've checked on line and I am puzzled by all the various restrictions of flights, cost, and luggage weight. We would appreciate any helpful information. I have followed this forum and it is great. (Arriving in Bangkok on 09-10-09, hoping to depart Bangkok 09-14-09 to PI and returning to Bangkok 09-18-09)

Thank you,
    John and Francis

elephantspike

Re: Bangkok to Phillippines

I've been out of the loop for a while, so this is not an expert opinion, but my gut feeling would be to buy RT form BKK to Manila in Thailand separately from your RT to Thailand.

Liked

Cebuair.com has a $300 round trip from Manila to Bangkok or Cebu to Bangkok, that is as cheap as most one way. I would look at it and purchase it online if I were you. I assume you can get the same deal from Bangkok RT.
    All the Best!

Wes

Liked

About the same price to fly rt on Thai air. Presuming you know now when you're going, probably best to book online.

Liked

the bad part is teh flights come in once a day, almost always at midnight or close going and coming, maybe Thai air has some better flight times if they are the same price.

Wes
    All the Best!

Wes

Liked

I like Cebu Pacific for flying within the Philippines.
    Their flights outside the country are usually at strange times. But at least they arrive in Manila and not out in Subic Bay...
    My problem has been making a purchase with a Credit Card. Cebu Pacific just will not accept Visa and most Master Charge cards. They claim it is not their fault. HUMMM So try first to book online and if you are flying LIGHT (carry-on only) you can get an even better fare.
    Check also the new Philippines Air Lines low budget fares. I do not know if they fly outside the country??
    Good Luck!!

Liked

Here are a couple of agencies in Bangkok to check ticket prices:

http://www.moxtravel.com/default.aspx
    http://www.saveflights.com

Looks like Phillipine air is the cheapest around 9000 THB and it is non-stop
    Life is sexually transmitted and terminal.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The Filipinos I know in Thailand fly Kuwait Air since it is the cheapest. I know you can book them on line with Orbitz or someother site.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by GWMinUS
    I like Cebu Pacific for flying within the Philippines.
    Their flights outside the country are usually at strange times. But at least they arrive in Manila and not out in Subic Bay...
    My problem has been making a purchase with a Credit Card. Cebu Pacific just will not accept Visa and most Master Charge cards. They claim it is not their fault. HUMMM So try first to book online and if you are flying LIGHT (carry-on only) you can get an even better fare.
    Check also the new Philippines Air Lines low budget fares. I do not know if they fly outside the country??
    Good Luck!!
    I agree,

I love domestic flights in Cebu air and yes if you are not taking a lot of luggage you do get a betrter fare, but as I mentioned the out of country flights are really late coming and going. but if you are just goign to vist and pay your respects for a sick family person, it may be a good flight plan, and damn the visa and master card deal they tell you you can get discounts to do it online but they will not take your card. I did find out that part of it was my fault . I gave them my departure date and they (My card holder) would not clear a charge out of country until that date. So, you may want to call your card carrier before you try to book.

Wes
    All the Best!

Wes

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Bottoms Up
    Hi I'm going on 4 intensive trips over the next 6 moths Philippines/Cambodia/Vietnam.Burma/Myanmar.. Some friends of mine are looking for a Base other than Thailand even though I love it here, some are a bit frustrated with the sudden changes in the last couple of years, they notice it more if they have not been here for a while, only subtle changes in my book. Its called Progress. some say?

To start with can any one tell me where a good place in the Philippines to go to apart from Manilla, where a few farangs live and its reasonably safe, they would like to buy some land as I have been informed they can there and open a Gay Resort near or on the beach. but looking for Information PM or open, about where to visit in any of the above destinations.

Has any one had a memorable trip to any of the above, can you let us know. I have heard CEBU mentioned, any thing much there to keep travellers happy.

However, if you want a multitude of guys, manila is the plce to go, I am able to find 3 to 4 a weeks that just want to go out with a white guy, especially Americans

Thank you for your kind help B>U
    Cebu is where all the farnge go, its nice has its own airport and roads are good but much, much slower then Manila, if that is what you are looking, lots of boys all around just need to look them up. I know a few right off hand looking a farange try Planet Romeo for that and look in Cebu you will find plenty of listings for guys. The land the is cheaper than Manila and most farnge go there. I know a few there and a few in Manila. but most that just want a Island paradise go to Cebu not Manila. Some have a place there in Cebu and in Jomtien If you need a guy to show you around I know a guy that works in a resort there that is gay and quite a nice guy let me know. He is handsome as well as available

Any where much further south of there may not be safe long term.

Wes
    All the Best!

Wes