Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumours that high season cant come soon enough

Rumours that high season cant come soon enough

Hope its not true but rumours within the Plaza suggest that some of the recent big investors might be in financial trouble. The German empire, finding it difficult to get any sort of customer numbers , might have defaulted on recent rent payments.
    Farang numbers, soon to increase as Christmas approaches, will be very welcome. At the moment, only the core long term bars seem to be drawing in the customers.
    Restaurants at the higher end such as Luxor appear to be full every night as does Cuisine Au Beurre among the middle range eateries. Amongst the go go bars there are too few farangs to go around. kaos and the old Y2K are doing well but it remains to be seen whether the latest venture by MrMinou into lady boys catches on. A large number of ladyboys together just look like a bunch of girls to many. The biggest failure amongst the new bars is the bar next to Crazy Dragon. Largely empty each night, it is swift to blame outside forces for its unpopularity. A great shame after such a high investment and soon a rethink will be necessary from its owners.
    One good sign for the Plaza is that the new series of sois at the end of Soi yensabai are filling with new venues and will bring more potential customers into the area. Admittedly, this area is not gay but no harm is done by having a large upsurge in new bars and restaurants.

Since you mentioned Cuisine Au Beurre, have you tried the nearby Petite Planete since it got a new French owner/chef and added the nice French murals on the sides (a few months or so ago)? Same low price as Cuisine and to my view (about 220 for three courses), much better. Many French speaking customers which is for sure a good sign. Both of these are in the soi to the west of Tukcom near Pattaya Tai.

They also feature excellent weekend only specials for about 300 baht: couscous royale, rabbit hunter strew with polenta, and similar, changes every week.

Also they serve a lunch menu, baguette sandwich plates (for example, merguez sausage and harrissa sauce) and also French style steak with fries.

Give this place a try, I think you will like it!

Cash is ..

... always welcome. At ANY time.

But there are clear sings during the past years: the variety on offers is still growing and spreading while the demand is reclining. Therefore, same efforts at higher costs and even lesser profit. Nothing wrong with that, but only quality will survive.

Re: Cash is ..

Quote Originally Posted by ttom
    ... the variety on offers is still growing and spreading while the demand is reclining.
    I always demand the boy attends to me in a reclining position, it's much more comfortable than standing up ! :geek:

I was in Boys Town last night. The manager at Throb was telling me that they were having the worst year ever. Salaries had been cut and will be paid late.

The two owners going to the UK to avoid any situations with the staff this month, with all the cuts.

This is something that is happening more often now.

That bar deserves to suffer. They let their show become so boring and predictable, a total tourist trap which offered nothing new to repeat expats.

Liked

gutless

Well if thats their way of dealling with wage cuts and unrest then what a gutless pair they are. Lets pay late and cut wages but by the way were off!!
    Cut your prices in low season and get more people in the door, they tend then not to buy just one drink but stay for a few.
    Bingo you increase sales!!!! These people who think because they have a few bhat to invest that they are the big business barons, yeah right
    I spoke into his eyes. " I thought you died a long,-- a long long time ago".
    " OH NO! not me, i never lost control, your face to face with the Man who sold the world"

Quote Originally Posted by SIn City Queen
    The two owners going to the UK to avoid any situations with the staff this month, with all the cuts
    How very Thai!

They don't care about losing face.
    They just don't want their face smashed.
    From a business point of view, I think the failure there proves location isn't everything. You have to WORK it.

Nothing is for free ..

Quote Originally Posted by SIn City Queen
    I was in Boys Town last night. The manager at Throb was telling me that they were having the worst year ever. Salaries had been cut and will be paid late.

The two owners going to the UK to avoid any situations with the staff this month, with all the cuts.

This is something that is happening more often now.
    Fleeing to UK isn't that cheap. The costs for the flights would probably cover the missing cash in till. ..