Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TAxi From Suvarnabhumi to Khorat

Liked

TAxi From Suvarnabhumi to Khorat

Hi All
    Have finally managed to get around to booking my next flight to LOS

Will arrive on December 30th at around 7am. Problem is that Bf and I want to spend New Years night at his home in Buriram...

I was thinking of taking a taxi from Suvarnabhumi to Khorat, meeting him there and then overnighting in Khorat on the 30th... before going to Buriram the next morning.

(this would give us plenty of private time away from his family to get "re-acquainted"!)

Anyone know what a Taxi to Khorat would cost?
    Or have other suggestions for getting to Khorat without travelling into BKK and out again?

BF reckons 3000 THB - but is unsure...

Thanks in Advance

Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Look some site

Hi.
    I look site abouttravels

I paid 4000 from Pattaya so 3000 sounds right.

Hi Colmx, BF met me, I hired a car and BF insisted on driving to Buriram as much as possible. Of course, he drove into the village to show off to everyone.

Car rental was 2250 baht per day. I have done this twice and found it to be a great road trip.

Liked
    Or you could fly to Khorat... business class if you like to spoil the bf - it isn't a great deal more. Likely as not your bf's family will know someone locally to home with a vehicle that can meet you at the airport. Fill his tank up with petrol and off you go... first stop naturally will be the supermarket... which will be why half the family come meet you in the pickup!
    Dick

Re: TAxi From Suvarnabhumi to Khorat

Quote Originally Posted by colmx
    Hi All
    Have finally managed to get around to booking my next flight to LOS

Will arrive on December 30th at around 7am. Problem is that Bf and I want to spend New Years night at his home in Buriram...

I was thinking of taking a taxi from Suvarnabhumi to Khorat, meeting him there and then overnighting in Khorat on the 30th... before going to Buriram the next morning.

(this would give us plenty of private time away from his family to get "re-acquainted"!)

Anyone know what a Taxi to Khorat would cost?
    Or have other suggestions for getting to Khorat without travelling into BKK and out again?

BF reckons 3000 THB - but is unsure...

Thanks in Advance

Yep, for 3000 THB any driver should be very pleased to make the drive.

Why don't you asked your friend to find someone from Khorat to pick you up at the airport for 3000 TBT?

Quote Originally Posted by ttom
    Why don't you asked your friend to find someone from Khorat to pick you up at the airport for 3000 TBT?
    I would imagine that to hire a car (with or without driver) in Khorat would be much less expensive than hiring a taxi in Bangkok ?

Liked
    HI All
    Thanks for your replies so far
    Unfort BF is in Buriram and will be coming to meet me in Khorat so he has bno contacts there

I am hoping he comes alone as we will have 3 months of catching up to do on the first night - so the option of having family or local taxi pick me is ruled out.

I also don't like the idea of the rental car - as i don't trust either myself or him to drive there!

And there are no civilian airlines that fly to Khorat - so that is also ruled out!

However it has got me thinking and i may try to fly to buriram instead!

In the meantime if anyone else has taxi experiences i'd be grateful to hear of them!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowkat
    I would imagine that to hire a car (with or without driver) in Khorat would be much less expensive than hiring a taxi in Bangkok ?
    Most likely not.
    Up-country often isn't that cheap. In Khorat your bf might pay for a mini van plus driver (about 1 000 TBT per day) plus fuel.
    If your bf is keen and able, he could pick you up at BKK airport and take you home for probably around 2 500 TBT all in.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowkat
    Most likely not.
    Up-country often isn't that cheap. In Khorat your bf might pay for a mini van plus driver (about 1 000 TBT per day) plus fuel.
    If your bf is keen and able, he could pick you up at BKK airport and take you home for probably around 2 500 TBT all in.