Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The new Gay Hotel location.

The new Gay Hotel location.

Dear Guys,

OUR PROPOSAL.[subject to planning and city hall]

The New Location will be Pratumnak Soi 5 for the New Gay Resort.

We have looked everywhere and decided this should be the right spot, it is in the middle between the Town and Jomtien and not too far from Sansuk, on arguably, one of the classiest areas of Pattaya

The Land, a substantial piece,[ over 1 rai] has been purchased, deposit placed and contracts signed, I will complete this on my return to Thailand.

We are proposing a five storey resort, height limited due to the building regulations for that area and close proximity to the Princess's house.

A substantial free form pool and gardens is on the table, as is a lift to all floors.

A hi class showbar with a substantial separate VIP non smoking area will be included, with views over the club and show areas through a glass wall.

We shall be contacting former showboys, as well as new ones, and I will be speaking to Choreographers in Thailand and the UK.

Internet facilities will be available, as will on site laundry facilities

Transport in the form of 6/8 seater tuk tuks [similar to the Hard Rock Cafe] will be on hand to transport guests to the nearby Bruno's, Steak Bao, Indian by Nature and various other fine dining establishments.

They will also be available to take guests to Boyztown, Jomtien, Sunnee etc.

There will be car parking facilities for the ex pat community who have vehicles or guests who choose to hire a vehicle.

It is envisaged to operate 35 rooms initially consisting of suites and executive rooms at a competitive price to other gay esablishments.

The showbar,[ I am in the UK at the minute with my former business partner, who is operating a number of highly successful showbars in Leeds and Manchester] will be a new experience for the gay scene of Pattaya hopefully.

Liked

Not the madding crowd ... again!!?

Is this wise? I thought you were having heart problems, and thus retired to the calm of Kalasin.

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

The best of ....

... British. :flower:

Kevin, the location is well chosen.

It's time to get some prime gay accommodation outside of BoyZone.
    And Jomtien Complex will face some alterations too; the pink baht worked by raising rentals and making the complex attractive to other businesses.

Wish you good luck and good fortune in your endeavour Kevin. Sounds an excellent idea and as you say is probably in the right location, especially with the transportation you are planning. Assume you will be providing a cafe for at least breakfast (a must in my opinion)?

Any idea yet of time frame for finalising the plans/build/opening ?

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1
    Reservation for December 2008 please.

Liked

Re: The best of ....

Quote Originally Posted by ttom
    ... British. :flower:

Kevin, the location is well chosen.

It's time to get some prime gay accommodation outside of BoyZone.
    And Jomtien Complex will face some alterations too; the pink baht worked by raising rentals and making the complex attractive to other businesses.
    I think the location is going to be a problem. It is in nowhere land for accessing gay nightlife. This is one of the reasons the old Icon failed and it was on a much smaller scale.

Liked
    I think Up2U has got a point.

Many will recall the old Sky Bar above Mr Mac Hotel. It was a great gay bar when Ken G ran it - lots of fun and probably the best "atmosphere" I can recall in any bar. Apart from the climb upstairs (admittedly an off-putter), its main drawback was, as Up2U says, the location far away from other gay places. Would you make the journey there on the off-chance that you'd have a fun time? At least in Boyztown or Sunnee, if one place isn't fun you can just go next door to an adjacent one on the same soi and try again, without the need for another complete journey...

Sounds, therefore, like a good base for staying (if transport is provided as promised) but I wouldn't depend too much on casual visitors dropping by for the show.
    "The fruits of peace and tranquility... are the greatest goods... while those of its opposite, strife, are unbearable evils. Hence we ought to wish for peace, to seek it if we do not already have it, to conserve it once it is attained, and to repel with all our strength the strife which is opposed to it. To this end individual[s]... and in even greater degree groups and communities are obliged to help one another... from the bond or law of human society." [Marsilio dei Mainardini (c.1275-1342), Defensor Pacis]

Forum's veteran
    {I edited out Ken's Surname... Please remember the names rule}

For me it was better, the Sky Bar that is, when Jim H ran it.
    Below you can see the road, if you manage to get past the eyes :clown:

I loved the Icon too and its location.

Forum's veteran

I'm in ...

Kquill,
    Well, I guess now I'm not keeping a secret any more. Here it is for all to see - a new kquill venture ... fanbloodytastic!

As you are aware, I am not Pattaya conversant as yet BUT this is exactly how I like my hotels. Away from the bar action but all the trappings I enjoy. Pool, (essential for me), accommodation which is up to date and kept in good order plus the shows.

As has been mentioned, breakfast / food obviously will be available at a restaurant on-site I'm sure. You wouldn't have left that out of your bag of tricks. In short it is a boutique resort. As soon as you're taking bookings I know you will post. I' will be there for opening, whenever that may be.

Don't put me right next door to Jinks though, as I have heard he snores. If I hear him at ClubOneSeven in Phuket, it may have to be on a separate floor altogether. LOL,

Congratulations and choc dee Kevin,
    krobbie

Forum's veteran

Re: I'm in ...

Quote Originally Posted by krobbie
    Don't put me right next door to jinks though, as I have heard he snores.
    If I hear him at Club One Seven in Phuket, it may have to be on a separate floor altogether. LOL,

krobbie
    My my....you have heard right :clown:

My last GB boyfriend used the guest room for sleeping :bounce:

Thai boys are paid sufficiently to suffer it without comment :colors: