Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kaos in Sunee Plaza, Pattaya is closed for 3 months

Liked

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Dboy
    Is a bar closure noticed tied to the bar by the *name* of the bar or by the *address* or by the *owner's name* ??

Dboy
    Perhaps the name on the business license?

Liked
    Ok, so what's to prevent them from getting a new license (by a sub-lease under the name of an associate) and re-opening under a new name? ..especially with recent investment in the place. On the other hand this is low season, and this closure notice will lift just in time for high season. I'm just curious how bar/gogo owners work these things.

Dboy

same night also The place 2be was closed for the same reason. It seems Crazy Dragon and Come In bar may by are next to close same problem
    They hired a lawyer and are fighting in court for the moment but I can not really see that they will have a change to win

NOthing changes

This has been going on since the day Kaos opened for the very first time, years ago. Nothing new... just different date.

Crazy Dragon and Come In bar may by are next to close

Quote Originally Posted by mike100
    same night also The place 2be was closed for the same reason. It seems Crazy Dragon and Come In bar may by are next to close same problem
    They hired a lawyer and are fighting in court for the moment but I can not really see that they will have a change to win
    For all they want to know! Both Bar "Kaos" and "Place 2 Be" accept the charges and paid in the court Pattaya 5.000 Baht fine. "Krazy Dragon" and "Come Inn Bar" not accept the charges, not paid and signed anything. Banglamung District Officers and the Governor of Chonburi Province are informed and I honestly think they drop the charges. The question in this case is " Who has the better connections?" It is true, that we put a lawyer in charge. The Browns wanted 100.000 Baht. But they got nothing! August and September is Money making Time, because high ranking Browns have to leave Pattaya. At least one speech for Thailand: "You wrong you pay and you not wrong you not pay!"

:diabloanifire:

Re: Kaos in Sunee Plaza, Pattaya is closed for 3 months

This evening about 8:45, a number of us witnessed 2 individuals in plain clothes speaking to management and then posting an official, written in Thai, "This Bar is Closed" poster on Kaos's door.

The notice specifies the bar will be closed until December 3.

The young men working in the bar changed and left, mostly for Sundance across the way, where they are now working. Some moved to Look Boy (formerly Y2K).

All three venues share some common ownership, I'm told, making the transition for the displaced workers easy.

Kaos, possibly the most popular bar in the Plaza, is closed with what I'm sure is a substantial loss in revenue for the owner(s) as the bar had recently expanded due to demand and was usually packed for the 10:00 show.

Recently Kaos and a number of other Sunee Plaza bars were raided, the bar boys forced to take a drug test, and I'm told that several workers at Kaos tested positive for YaaBaa. I'm told that entertainment venues are considerer in violation if 3 or more of their employees test positive and are subject to closure as just happened.

Some of the above is conjecture, rumour, or opinion but for sure Kaos is closed, at least for the night.

After all, this is Thailand and things change.

From Wikipedia...

Yaba ; also Ya Ba, Yaa baa, Yabba, Ya baa or Yah Bah;("crazy medicine", "Hitler's drug", or "Nazi speed" in Thai) are tablets containing a mixture of methamphetamine and caffeine, typically brightly colored in orange, red, or green and carrying logos such as "R" or "WY". Quality varies according to source, most are manufactured for oral administration or 'chasing' on foil; there is a brand preferred for injecting from Laos. This illegal drug is especially popular in Thailand, where it is imported from neighboring Myanmar.

Good, I hope the Kaos Paedo Hole close for ever!

Thank heavens...

Glad the dragon doesn't post too often on here. That moving dragon picture is enough to make you go blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboy
    Ok, so what's to prevent them from getting a new license (by a sub-lease under the name of an associate) and re-opening under a new name? ..especially with recent investment in the place. On the other hand this is low season, and this closure notice will lift just in time for high season. I'm just curious how bar/gogo owners work these things.

Dboy

They don't work these things.

Also, a license takes a lot longer to achieve than you think and it is impossible to sidestep this without being closed for a substantial period.

Regards previous posts, in the case of Kaos, they certainly had it coming!

Liked
    If a bar owner can be help responsible and punished when Methamphetamine is detected in the urine of an employee, doesn't it follow that he is also responsible for having his employees tested? If staff were drug tested twice a week, it would minimise the likelihood of a positive test when a raid occurred.