Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Hong Kong

Hong Kong

Maybe Wally Matt in Tsim Sha Tsui? A lot of older western guys go there and younger chinese who like older western men. It's like an English pub type thing, not a disco.

Edit: Or maybe Volume? ItтАЩs mostly a young crowd but owners and staff are very friendly, and lately itтАЩs been packed with cuties, weekends anyway, and worth a visit just for the eye candy. They also have just started a тАЬHK New Arrivals nightтАЭ on Wednesdays (IтАЩm guessing you donтАЩt live in HK?), and if my memory serves me correctly, I think they do free drinks for a couple of hours on that night, but check their website to confirm.

Liked

not sure about the lift (eh, elevator)

Maybe Rainbow sauna in Kowloon?

Liked
    At least one place (from above) shown on the map ( http://www.utopia-asia.com/hkmasa.htm ):

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

You could also try Works -- I have often seen young guys there with older men (who are less prevalent than in Thailand, given that most foreigners in HK are here for work and not retirement -- so supply/demand may work in your favour!).

If you are in town on a Friday, go to the gay happy hour at Club 1997 (7 pm to 9:30 pm) in Lan Kwai Fong -- friendly and fun, although they could use better air conditioning.

I'm not a sauna person, but I have a friend who visits frequently who swears by Galaxy Sauna in TST.

Fruits in Suits is held the first Tuesday of every month (and announced in DS Magazine - see below), and is very mixed age. It's not a place to pull, so much, but you can certainly meet some nice friends.

As Sister has mentioned, Wally is definitely a good place for you, and Volume, while young and trendy, is very friendly, and older folks are made to feel genuinely welcome.

M Bar is worth a visit Monday through Wednesday, but don't bother Thu-Sat (sticky rice, muscle mary crowd). Rice may be worth a try as well -- it's more of a pub atmosphere on weeknights.

Also, for more accurate maps (and of different neighbourhoods), you may download a Q-Guide from www.dimsum-hk.com -- both the Q-Guide (maps) and DS Magazine itself are available in PDF format.

Hong Kong is more of a late town -- there are no official bar closing times, and some clubs don't close until 2:00 *PM* on the weekends. As such people go out later -- very annoying if you are an early morning person (like me!). Exceptions: Fruits in Suits gets going at around 7:30 or 8:00, same for Wally, 97, and sometimes Rice Bar.

Galaxy

Would definitely rcommend Galaxy in TST. Go there around 2pm, and stay until at least 7, lots of action.

Liked
    What about 5F?

Liked

Re: Hong Kong

I have been recommended Galaxy from a Hong Kong acquaintance, and he will take me there for both of us to enjoy some orgies. I will report in due course.