Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Hotel info please on Hua Hin.

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Hotel info please on Hua Hin.

A customer at Monty's Enchanted hut has a total hotel list for Hua Hin.

Please advise if you know of any "gay" or "gay friendly" ones there.

P.S. Monty took me shopping yesterday........... he now has a new laptop notepad.
    The Firefox browser seems to be better at access to this forum within Thailand.

Utopia has 3 gay friendly guest Houses listed. http://www.utopia-asia.com/accthai.htm I stayed at The Regent Cha Am and did not care for the place.

I have been using Firefox for some time and find it very fast and easy
    http://www.firefox-free-download.org/index2.html

Hua Hin is lovely

It’s pending what you are looking for. You will find at both places hotels from 1 to 5 stars standard but more guest houses in Hua Hin.

Hua Hin is a small bustling town with a nice variety of everything but Cha Am is more a collection of huge family hotel quite a wile away from Hua Hin.

For hotels a check at: asiarooms.com
    might be helpful.

Visitors upset after road to beach closed - Bangkok Post

Prachuap Khiri Khan _ Tourists have cried foul after Hotel Sofitel Central Hua Hin Resort blocked a public road to the beach in order to hold a charity function in the area. Barricades were put up at 6am yesterday around the public road and would stay for the three-day event, the Hua Hin Festival & Vintage Car Parade 2006, which opens today. Access was prevented from the so-called Bazaar intersection on Damnoen Kasem road to Hua Hin beach.

Hotel security guards stationed at the fences yesterday barred tourists from entering or parking at the sealed-off section of the road. They claimed staff were still preparing for the event, which features a show of antique and classic cars and an exhibition of historic photographs of Hua Hin.

The road also normally provides parking space for tourists.

Somchai Sutthinand, a 44-year-old tourist, said the hotel has no right to close the road, adding the move disappointed visitors.

Suthipong Watcharapoolphon, also a tourist, said blocking the road led to a loss of public parking space. \'\'I wonder how that could do tourists any good,\'\' he said.

Wiboon Nimitvanit, a chief of regional tourism office 2, said no road had ever been closed during previous vintage car parades.

Hua Hin municipality chief Sirapan Kamolpramote said the hotel had not told the municipality office, which oversees the road, that it intended to seal it off.

Mr Sirapan said municipality officers would be dispatched to address public inconvenience. Hua Hin police chief Pol Gen Prapas Sompro said he had allowed the hotel to use the road as a venue for the show.

A hotel staff member said the show was arranged by an event organiser firm, which was hired to oversee all aspects of the function, including the venue.

Georgeous colonial hotel. I think worth a visit if not a stay. I think not very joiner friendly - well not free!

http://www.centralhotelsresorts.com/schhr_default.asp

Quote Originally Posted by wowpow
    Visitors upset after road to beach closed - Bangkok Post

Prachuap Khiri Khan _ Tourists have cried foul after Hotel Sofitel Central Hua Hin Resort blocked a public road to the beach in order to hold a charity function in the area. Barricades were put up at 6am yesterday around the public road and would stay for the three-day event, the Hua Hin Festival & Vintage Car Parade 2006, which opens today. Access was prevented from the so-called Bazaar intersection on Damnoen Kasem road to Hua Hin beach.

Hotel security guards stationed at the fences yesterday barred tourists from entering or parking at the sealed-off section of the road. They claimed staff were still preparing for the event, which features a show of antique and classic cars and an exhibition of historic photographs of Hua Hin.

The road also normally provides parking space for tourists.

Somchai Sutthinand, a 44-year-old tourist, said the hotel has no right to close the road, adding the move disappointed visitors.

Suthipong Watcharapoolphon, also a tourist, said blocking the road led to a loss of public parking space. \'\'I wonder how that could do tourists any good,\'\' he said.

Wiboon Nimitvanit, a chief of regional tourism office 2, said no road had ever been closed during previous vintage car parades.

Hua Hin municipality chief Sirapan Kamolpramote said the hotel had not told the municipality office, which oversees the road, that it intended to seal it off.

Mr Sirapan said municipality officers would be dispatched to address public inconvenience. Hua Hin police chief Pol Gen Prapas Sompro said he had allowed the hotel to use the road as a venue for the show.

A hotel staff member said the show was arranged by an event organiser firm, which was hired to oversee all aspects of the function, including the venue.
    That’s typical Thai, probably a Bangkogian. Someone needed to walk a short distance. Thai people hate walking, especially in the sun. He could not show off his car as planned. There was ample parking space available. The event had been announced before.

Georgeous colonial hotel. I think worth a visit if not a stay. I think not very joiner friendly - well not free!

We have stayed there twice already. This is me, my farang boyfriend (both middle 40тАЩs) and a 27-year old Thai friend. ItтАЩs a beautiful venue indeed, but I presume you will get some stares of the mainly straight guests if you would arrive there with a very young (looking) Thai boy.

The hotel is worth a visit if you stay in Hua Hin, but the last time (last June) they did not allow other people to enter the grounds during the weekends.

If you are in Hua Hin and like old and beautiful buildings you musts certainly visit the Ratchaniwet Marukhathaiyawan Palace a little bit North of Hua Hin (20 min in a tuk tuk). ItтАЩs a totally open summer palace of the king that has been renovated recently and now is open to the public. ItтАЩs really marvellous and if you bring a Thai companion, he will like it even more.

Henk

[/img]

You are very right, it is a fine hotel. Don't worry about joiners. I've had some, never been ask for joiners fee. Just book a double room and be discrete.