Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yet another honest Thai taxidriver

Yet another honest Thai taxidriver

Honest Taxi Driver returns bag containing over 200,000 Baht to Norwegian Tourist with the help of the Tourist Police.

A nice story now from the Tourist Police Station located half-way up the Pratamnuk Mountain. Police Captain Wattana oversaw this case which begun with a visit to the station by Khun Soopat, a taxi driver who had picked up a Foreign man from the Suvanabumi Airport in Bangkok and brought him down to a Hotel on Walking Street, South Pattaya. Mr. Per Kristian Rustan aged 52 from Norway left the Taxi and all appeared normal as Khun Soopat returned to Bangkok. He soon realized that a small bag had been left behind by the Norwegian and inside was 900 US Dollars, 70 EuroтАЩs, 100 Pounds Sterling and 200 Norwegian Krona. Khun Soopat made his way back to the Hotel but could not locate Mr. Rustan so he made his way to the Tourist Police Station where Police assisted him in locating Mr. Rustan who was reunited with his bag and its contents at the Tourist Police Station. As a token of his appreciation, Mr. Rustan offered Khun Sopat 200 US Dollars which was gratefully received.

Pattaya City News

Reward 3.6%!! Is that enough?

Dont know what conversion rates they used - but that doesnt add up to 200,000 baht! Nowhere near!

Liked: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Oogleman
    Dont know what conversion rates they used - but that doesnt add up to 200,000 baht! Nowhere near!
    Indeed , it's 43.613,54 baht, so a reward rate of 16.39 %
    Ofcourse I go with other Falang, it's my job, but you are the only one I love :)

Regardless of the exchange rate and the reward percentage it is nice to see:

1) There is at least one honest taxi driver about. Rumour has it that another one was found recently in Bangkok - maybe it was the same guy !

2) The Norwegian had the conscience and decency to reward the taxi driver with a resonable sum for his honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowkat
    Regardless of the exchange rate and the reward percentage it is nice to see:

1) There is at least one honest taxi driver about. Rumour has it that another one was found recently in Bangkok - maybe it was the same guy !

2) The Norwegian had the conscience and decency to reward the taxi driver with a resonable sum for his honesty.
    Forget about finding an honest one (actually, rarely had a problem with dishonest taxi drivers), I recently had one that could actually speak fluent English!

I certainly did not have a honest driver

I recently left my wallet in the taxi, the wallet contains my contact info (thai mobile number), two credit cards, 160 HK dollars, 800 US Dollars. Two days later, I got a phone called from the Taxi call center. Then I went and got my wallet back, everything is intact, but USD 800 is missing. Where is the honest taxi driver when I need one?
    I mentioned this story to a few thai friends, they all said this is normal, nobody would expect the driver to return the money.

(I know I was stupid to carry around so much cash, I was fresh out of the airport then....will not do it again)

Liked
    The next passenger might have found it in the back seat, took out the money and left the rest. Then another passenger finds it and gives it to the driver.
    E Dok Tong

I certainly did not have a honest Thai person

Quote Originally Posted by TrongpaiExpat
    The next passenger might have found it in the back seat, took out the money and left the rest. Then another passenger finds it and gives it to the driver.
    So let me re-phrase my post: Where is the honest Thai person when I need one?

:bounce:

Scott:
    My maxim is never to trust;
    Tarts
    Taxi Drivers
    Tuk Tuk Drivers
    Trannies
    Thanksin
    Touts
    Thais....
    Well... you get the idea!!!
    G

Re: I certainly did not have a honest Thai person

Quote Originally Posted by Scott123
    Quote Originally Posted by TrongpaiExpat
    So let me re-phrase my post: Where is the honest Thai person when I need one?

:bounce:
    Of course the passenger who found your wallet could just as likely be farang, so where is an honest person when you need one?