FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny Boys - Honest Feedback Please

Liked

Funny Boys - Honest Feedback Please

Lots of hype about this Bar

Any frank and honest feedback guys ? arty

Re: Funny Boys - Honest Feedback Please

I have not been to Funny Boys in about 1 1/2 year as I now have a bar of my own and boys to take care of BUT before that Funny Boys and A Bomb were my two most favorite bars. Both as I remember them were very well run bars with pleasant mamasans.

Well you asked for honesty.....

On the plus side - good drinks, well run, extremely clean (can't say THAT about many places).
    Boys tell me the management treat them well, and they like to work there.

On the minus side - doesn't seem as busy as it used to be, seems fewer boys and the age/bodytype range of boys not so attractive to me as say 5 years ago (same as everywhere in BT though).
    Owner/s very stand-offish, unfriendly - only interested in talking to pals and other business owners - never says hello to "ordinary" customers.

If it closed tomorrow I would regard it as unfortunate but no great loss.

:occasion9:

Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by SlaveDriver
    Lots of hype about this Bar
    I dont think it's fair to say there has been 'hype'. I think you have mistaken honest opinions and reviews for hype. Most of the positive feedback is justified. It is one of the, if not the most comfortable agogos with good upholstery and cushions, good views of the stage, toilet is pristine. Mamasan helpful if required, unobtrusive if not. Consistantly good range of boys over a number of years, good waiting staff of whom many have been there for a long time too.

Although I can't really find much to fault, I used to go regularly over the years as I've know a few of the boys there from Boyztown and for the occassional off, more recently it's been off my list, mainly due the the fact i'm hooked up already so if i do go to an agogo it's just for a drink and the atmosphere which unfortunately for me is sadly lacking there. It's very sterile, the music is far too SOFT so you can hear the boys talk amongst themselves but worse is you are subjected to the ramblings of other farang customers, especially the louder types who like to hear themselves who are normally drowned out by the music. If I want a fun bar to go to it's Nice Boys/Mymic or Happy Place.

No point in discussing the type of boys there as everyone has differing tastes, but there is usually plenty to choose from.

Not quite sure why you are bothering to ask really, the best way to find out is just go there yourself, it's only the cost of one inexpensive drink if you find you don't like it.

Liked

It is always a personnal feeling. I had not been very convinced previously by Funny Boys and find this time that I am there often. The mamasan is not more a liar than elsewhere and leaves you alone if you ask. The place is very confortable and very clean. And I have had a few very good encounters. Pay it a visit and make your own opinion.

Liked

On my last visit in october I decided to try and visit as many go go bars as possible.I went to s. plaza jomtien complex and boyztown..I have to say Funny boys was the best for service and comfort..people will argue about prices between the various venues but I found F.Boys the best.As for the boys themselves that is a personal preference and depends what you are looking for.The manager there is very good..just my opinion.

Liked

Thanks guys for yhour inputs. Very constructive and professional arty

Liked

Funny Boys is possibly the best bar in town for selection of guys.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy
    Owner/s very stand-offish, unfriendly - only interested in talking to pals and other business owners - never says hello to "ordinary" customers.
    Definately agree strongly with this point... Owner seems to almost go out of his way to look down on those that he considers to be outsiders in his Private club

On the other hand mama Rose is great and is someone that i have never heard a bad word about in 10 years of visiting pattaya... and funny boys always has a consistant bunch of goos looking guys... with something for everyone

But for me funny boys is boring nice eye candy but atmosphere is awful... Puff the magic dragon died in the 70's and his music should have died with him... it does NOT belong in a gogo bar!

Its the kind of place i would visit when i am looking for a a One-night-stand... but not the kind of place i would choose to spend multiple nights or drink a bottle of whiskey in....

As NewAlaan points out... Nice Boys/Mic my/Happy Place are the place for that... always good atmosphere, welcoming attitude and fun guys
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Hi guys,

I must put my two pennys worth in here!

I was a hotel and bar owner and did used to frequent Funnyboys.I think, on occasion, we were all guilty of being a little bit cliquey because we had similar businesses, interests and our lives were intermingled because of this.

What I must say the quality of boys and standards of cleanliness and friendliness to me were outstanding when I used to go in there.

When I ended up in the big house, I was visited regularly be both Tim and David from Oscars bar, now at Le Casfe Royale. It's a bloody fair trek to Bangkok from Pattaya.

I rate them both as diamond geezers!! lol.

Sometimes as well, please don't mistake aloofness as rude, sometimes it can be a self preservation mechanism for shyness. I know.