Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bangkok Gay Pride Pics and Videos

Bangkok Gay Pride Pics and Videos

And that is supposed to make us feel "proud"?

It is not supposed to "make" you feel anything. Either you feel it or you don't. Either it is something
    from within you or it is not. It can't be made to be there for you.

For many people seeing masses of diverse individuals sharing a common theme, a common bond, a common
    interest, evokes feeling of pride. Pride that there are other likeminded people. Pride that we don't have to
    face our inner selves alone. Pride that there is diversity that is accepted as a whole. Pride that we can be
    who we are without fear.

Pride comes from within. Either you have it, or you don't. Noone can or will attempt to make those not
    feeling any sense of comraderie, community, togetherness or pride, feel that way.

The post wasn't made to convince anyone to feel anything. It is just a way of sharing the pride that we felt
    in seeing the positive community face that was put on by the gay community..the diversity that was responsibly
    displayed..the coming together of many walks of life in support of freedom of lifestyle and choice.... we were
    proud of everyone involved, in those that took part, in those that exhibited and marched....for making their voice
    heard. For giving the world a chance to see that we are not demons to be feared but other people simply desiring
    to live our lives how we choose to live them, in our own way, in our own right. Yes, for that we are proud. If you
    are not, then there is nothing we can do, nor want to do to "make" you feel that.

I don't see a "diverse group of people" in those pictures. I see a bunch of drag queens and male prostitutes. I do not feel in any way, shape, or form "proud" that these people have somehow become the poster boys for the gay community as a whole.

Forum's veteran
    Mount Calvary Baptist Church of the Redeemer
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by boygeenyus
    I don't see a "diverse group of people" in those pictures. I see a bunch of drag queens and male prostitutes. I do not feel in any way, shape, or form "proud" that these people have somehow become the poster boys for the gay community as a whole.
    Well why didn't you go along then as an alternative exapmle of gay life?
    JESUS LOVES YOU, yes, even you nancies

This might make you stand proud, not the fag hag copping a feel!

Oops wrong one

A short history lesson

Many people have forgotten (perhaps many never knew) that the moment that's marked as the beginning of the "Pride" movement was the "Stonewall Riots" which began when New York police arrested a number of (mostly) drag queens and other disreputable people including, undoubtedly, some male prostitutes who wear mourning the death of Judy Garland. The riots followed. I'm happy to be a person of no repute (or possibly ill-repute) and I believe that it's those amongst us who want us to be "respectable" and "married" who are our worst oppressors. I'm not surprised, needless to say, to find boygeenyus among that number

Having said all that, I never went near any Pride event in Bangkok

Gayrice - What a great library of photographs of gay events and especially handsome man competitions. They certainly do grow them well in Thailand. There are superstars who seem to appear in several and win some and then they disappear. I often wonder why they do it as the prizes are not huge and the majority win nothing - still I am glad that they do.

I did not know of your site before. It is now firmly in my bookmarks.

Again thank you

Some favourites:

Khun Dani of Beach winner Dragoncastle and Gayrice's Sexy Swimwear

Mr Rainy Season at G Star

Mr Tall Dark and Handsome Dance Pub

Mr Perfect - Babylon

====================

If you don't like reading a bore,
    click the button marked IGNORE.

If you think that rather droll
    Remember he may be just a TROLL

What does a male beauty contest, participated in almost exclusively by straight males, have to do with "gay pride"? The answer is obvious: nothing more than the Miss Universe contest -- a beauty contest for straight females -- has to do with gay pride.