Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Censorship or Distortion?

Censorship or Distortion?

The moderator of the Gaythailand website and discussion board informs members of a policy to delete criticisms of the junta in charge of the Thai nation.

Bob suggests that the moderators simply ban all mention of the junta and coup in order to avoid presentation of a lie.

I couldn't agree more. If fans of the junta, and exile of Thaksin are allowed to post - then gullible individuals may get the impression that Thailand ever had a constitution that allowed for free speech, free assembly, freedom of religion; that Thailand ever had a consistent set of laws that were valid for more than a decade; that underground economies were ever really disallowed; or that the Thai people will achieve better circumstances under a puppet to be named by the A.R.C.

Our goals on message boards should be to provide accurate information, or simply keep our mouths shut under repression, so that at least we don't submit to pimping propaganda to the uninitiated.

Hold your horses

Thailand's military leaders warned Saturday they would "retaliate" against foreign media they said had insulted the revered monarchy in reporting their coup, a junta spokesman said.

"At today's meeting top military leaders asked the foreign ministry to urgently retaliate against foreign reporters whose coverage has been deemed insulting to the monarchy," deputy spokesman Major General Thaweep Netniyan told reporters.

Thaweep, speaking at a press conference after a three-hour meeting of the generals, did not name the foreign media organisations or dispatches deemed offensive and did not specify how the regime would retaliate.

Insulting the king is a serious criminal offence in Thailand, punishable by up to 15 years in prison.

The junta also instructed the foreign ministry to quickly "clarify" the situation in Thailand with other countries as well as the foreign media via Thai embassies and military attaches.
    The Nation

Stargaze, nothing has changed. We have always been able to freely talk about politics in Thailand without having to mention the King. The same with the present situation, just avoid the Junta, but talk about the coup as much as we want. Besides within a week there should be a civilian prime Minster we may refer too instead.

Liked: 1
    Cedrick - dead on!

This Coup is incredible. They seem more democratic and well liked than the elected Prime Minister was. They have not put a foot wrong, smiling soldiers, little repression, promises not to stay - the acceptible face of bloodless coups. Now who on earth can have advised them on the best way to deal with a bloodless coup?

There are aspects of this and the peoples reactions that remind me why I love living in Thailand.
    I hope that my posts will be of use.

I agree with Teepee and that's rare for me Stargaze

but this is a highly popular coup...in fact it should be called Pearl's Coup due to the Ugandan type discussions I've had with the army over the past few months. Originaly the leaders wanted moi to ride atop the first tank in a glorious yellow flowing organza ball gown to herald the beginning of the coup but I preferred to take a back seat role and stayed inside and offered oral encouragment to the younger soldiers as we rumbled towards Government House.

Since then I've had a busy schedule going from tank to tank, taking aside young privates and offering them solace in this time of crisis. I'm fairly shagged....I mean worn out. This has been my Vera Lynn moment. (no wonder she kept singing "whale meat again"..I know how she felt !!)

In 2 months I reckon Thailand's going of come out of this with a renewed energy..it's the very best thing could have happened !!!

(nb..I am not a CIA agent !)

Forum's veteran
    Mount Calvary Baptist Church of the Redeemer
    Liked

Re: I agree with Teepee and that's rare for me Stargaze

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl of the Orient
    but this is a highly popular coup...in fact it should be called Pearl's Coup due to the Ugandan type discussions I've had with the army over the past few months. Originally the leaders wanted moi to ride atop the first tank in a glorious yellow flowing organza ball gown to herald the beginning of the coup but I preferred to take a back seat role and stayed inside and offered oral encouragement to the younger soldiers as we rumbled towards Government House.

Since then I've had a busy schedule going from tank to tank, taking aside young privates and offering them solace in this time of crisis. I'm fairly shagged....I mean worn out. This has been my Vera Lynn moment. (no wonder she kept singing "whale meat again"..I know how she felt !!)

In 2 months I reckon Thailand's going of come out of this with a renewed energy..it's the very best thing could have happened !!!

(nb..I am not a CIA agent !)
    Pearl, I do admire you so much from afar. Of course one does need a bit of distance to fit you all in view, but from what you're been relating, I can see you must have a very tight schedule, it certainly says something about you that so many are lining up for a piece of the action! I simply don't know how you fit so many boys in all at the same time!!?? And the way you're handling all those privates, it's simply marvelous! I'm quite convinced, my dear, that the Thai authorities will knock-up a statue of you in downtown Bangkok. Have you given any thought about how you'd like to be mounted?

Given that this site is already banned in Thailand, what difference does it make if we discuss the junta or not? If we want to we should. My esteem for the other board went down, quite frankly, when I read that they were imposing self-censorship in accordance with the military's directive. Not a good look for a non-Thai forum in my view.
    JESUS LOVES YOU, yes, even you nancies

I can see you must have a very tight schedule ... I simply don't know how you fit so many boys in all at the same time!!??
    Perhaps because it's only her schedule that is tight. :booty:

Other boreds

Given that it's the Grand Ayatollah Dopey Gaybutton moderating that Bored with his fatuous fatwas, that attitude is to be expected
    http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... .php?e=299
    http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... .php?e=277

Forum's veteran
    Mount Calvary Baptist Church of the Redeemer
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by bkk gwm
    I can see you must have a very tight schedule ... I simply don't know how you fit so many boys in all at the same time!!??
    Perhaps because it's only her schedule that is tight. :booty:
    Well just between you and me, I've heard you can put both hands up there, and clap!
    JESUS LOVES YOU, yes, even you nancies

Oh dear

Quote Originally Posted by Aunty
    Well just between you and me, I've heard you can put both hands up there, and clap!
    Pearl has the clap? Dear me

Liked

Re: I agree with Teepee and that's rare for me Stargaze

[quote="Pearl of the Orient" I preferred to take a back seat role and stayed inside and offered oral encouragement to the younger soldiers as we rumbled towards Government House.

[b]Thanks pearl for the best laugh I have had for some time Love your humour[/b]

[/quoteAunty]

! I simply don't know how you fit so many boys in all at the same time!!?? And the way you're handling all those privates, it's simply marvelous! I'm quite convinced, my dear, that the Thai authorities will knock-up a statue of you in downtown Bangkok. Have you given any thought about how you'd like to be mounted? [quote]

Too late aunty Pearl has been knocked up in Bkk, pattaya and many other points for years now. They dont need a statue to remind them