Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pinnacle Hotel

Liked

Pinnacle Hotel

I booked a "deluxe", double room through Jimmy for 1200 baht per night. I booked double to avoid problems bringing back a "friend." That turned out to be a non issue. Nobody ever bothered me when bringing back "friends." However, I was kind of disappointed with the room. I couldn't figure out what made it "deluxe", but it was explained to me that all rooms are the same. The higher floor rooms with better views get the classier designations and are more expensive. The room was kind of dowdy, run down. Service wasn't great. The toilet paper was almost all gone and I had to call several times to get it replaced. In the morning, they only gave me one towel. When I complained they explained that they had run out and did bring another one later, but that didn't do much good in the morning when we needed it. You do get a free breakfast buffet, but it ends at 10 A.M. The place was OK but I definitely will stay at the Tarntawan next time. It's more expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Re: Pinnacle Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by Alan
    The place was OK but I definitely will stay at the Tarntawan next time. It's more expensive, but you get what you pay for.
    Talking to friends who have stayed at The Pinnacle I have always got the impression that it an upmarket backpackers hotel and nothing more.

Certainly the interior is tired and shabby and from what I gather the rooms are very basic.

As you say when staying at The Tarntawan you know you get value for money, it is not at all expensive and you do get somewhere that you are not ashamed to take people back to. Plus it has staff that are amongst the most friendly and helpful in Bangkok.

Liked: 1
    Alan, I am sorry that you did not like The Pinnacle. I stay there frequently and your experience is not typical. In the DeLuxe rooms you get two large towels, two medium, two face cloths and a bathmat plus 2 robes, and two pairs of slippers, an in room safe and a higher floor for 1090 baht a night with full breakfast, service and tax. The place has been smartened up a bit but it's a mid three star hotel. The rooms are a bit dowdy and the breakfast is no great shakes though I have heard that the lunch option is excellent from a couple of friends.

For me the place is modest and cheap reasonably clean and comfortable and has no joiner's fee. If they introduce a joiner's fee no gays would stay there. Most hotels at this budget price do charge.

Sure the, four star, Tarntawan Place is far better and significantly more expensive - virtually double. I doubt you will get a room for less than 2150 and 2400baht is their internet price. Lucas and his team do an excellent management job with all day breakfast, welcome parties and terrific staff. They have a great location and it's quiet. That's why it can be a problem getting a room there even out of high season. Oddly they do not have in-room safes (contrary to what I wrote on a previous occasion)

Pinnacle info.

Here are some further details about the types of rooms available and the distinction between them:

The Pinnacle has 170 well-appointed rooms. All rooms are equipped with individually controlled air conditioning units, private bathroom with shower and bathtub, IDD phones, Satellite TV with in-house movies and mini-bar.

All rooms are exactly the same size but have different amenities and are located on different floors.

STANDARD rooms are on the 4th & 5th floor. Rooms are basic with lightly stocked mini bars; safety deposit boxes are available free of charge only at reception.

SUPERIOR rooms are on the 4th, 5th ,6th & 7th floor and have additional coffee/tea making facilities; safety deposit boxes are available free of charge only at reception.

DELUXE rooms are on the 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th & 14th floor and have additional coffee/tea making facilities, bathrobes, slippers, hairdryer and in-room safety deposit box.

We hope the above is helpful.

Best regards,

Jimmy / J.F. Holidays Travel & Trading Ltd., Part.
    C/O : Pinnacle Hotel Lumpinee, Bangkok
    Room # 1312
    Tel : 02-287-0111
    Mobile : 01-859-6585
    E-mail : jimmyfirst@hotmail.com

1) STANDARD ROOMS (4th & 5th Floors) - Smoking rooms ONLY*:
    ================================================== ===
    1.1) STD-Single(1 big bed**), for One person with breakfast = 840 baht/night (*Weekly Rate = 790 baht/night)
    1.2) STD-Double(1 big bed**), for Two persons with breakfast = 940 baht/night(*Weekly Rate = 890 baht/night)
    1.3) STD-Twin(2 single beds), for Two persons with breakfast = 940 baht/night (*Weekly Rate = 890 baht/night)
    <*Note: As of 11 Aug '04 a Non-smoking room is no longer available in a Standard room.>
    2) SUPERIOR ROOMS (4th, 5th, 6th & 7th Floors):
    ========================================
    2.1) SUP-Single(1 big bed**), for One person with breakfast = 940 baht/night (*Weekly Rate = 890 baht/night)
    2.2) SUP-Double(1 big bed**), for Two persons with breakfast = 1,040 baht/night(*Weekly Rtae = 990 baht/night)
    2.3) SUP-Twin(2 single beds), for Two persons with breakfast = 1,040 baht/night (*Weekly Rate = 990 baht/night)

3) DELUXE ROOMS (8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th & 14th Floors):
    ================================================== ==
    3.1) DLX-Single(1 big bed**), for One person with breakfast = 1,090 baht/night (*Weekly Rate= 1,040 baht/night)
    3.2) DLX-Double(1 big bed**),for Two persons with breakfast =1,190 baht/night(*Weekly Rate= 1,140 baht/night)
    3.3) DLX-Twin(2 single beds),for Two persons with breakfast =1,190 baht/night (*Weekly Rate= 1,140 baht/night)
    4) JUNIOR SUITE = One bed room with a big bed + a separate living room (11th, 12th, 13th & 14 Floors):
    ================================================== =============================
    Junior Suite-Single/Double(1 big bed only), with breakfast for two = 1,950 baht/night(*Weekly Rate= 1,790 baht/night)

================================================== ======================================
    PLEASE NOTE: BREAKFAST IS NOW PART OF THE PACKAGE AND NO LONGER AN OPTION. HOWEVER, FOR AN ADDITIONAL 100 BAHT (starting 1 Nov '04), THE BREAKFAST COUPON CAN BE EXCHANGED FOR THE BUFFET LUNCH (Monday through Friday only, except public holidays). THIS SPECIAL OFFER IS AVAILABLE ONLY TO GUESTS BOOKING THROUGH J.F. HOLIDAYS, NOT THROUGH OTHER AGENTS OR DIRECT WITH THE HOTEL.
    I hope that my posts will be of use.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

not a bad deal..

I recently stayed at the Pinnacle and had the same no towel situation.. Fortunately, we checked it just after noon and the towels were
    in the room a few hours later.. I guess they didn't plan the laundry or there was some foul up but no big deal, at least for me..

I got a corner room with windows on two walls and it was fine for under 1000B. via Jimmy with breakfast included.. I ended up having
    a Thai boy stay with me and we registered together and that was an extra 100B. a day but an extra ticket for breakfast..

The only annoyance was I was charged for some nuts and since I didn't have any, I questioned the cashier..It was only 42B. and the
    boy denied eating them but it wasn't worth making an issue over.. It was relaxing sitting up on the roof deck and my friend used the
    small gym..
    I actually perfer to stay at the Malaysia and enjoy it..It is cheap at around 780B and even cheaper if you take room without TV and I like the
    somewhat seedy atmosphere with all the money boys hanging around..Also big pool and no extra charges for short timers..

I wasn't surprised to see BBB Inn pushed at 1200B. a day, as the owner is a friend of the poster.. It is better as a short time hotel and
    I am not looking for the owner to comp me or let me run a tab.. One should make a disclaimer when they have a vested interest but that
    would be ethical.. :cat:

Pinnacle Hotel

I am one of Jimmy's regular customer and I really have no complaints about the room or service. I always find the rate I pay is value for money. Yes, I've stayed at Tantarwan before and the rooms are a little better but the rate I pay is twice I pay for in Pinnacle.

Quote Originally Posted by TeePee
    TeePee, is that your photo on your avatar?

If so we have met at a function here in Bangkok.

Pinnacle a good bargain

Must agree with Rustee. Pinnacle is an excellent bargain. Like Rustee, I have also stayed at The Tarntawan and have found it to not warrant the tariff.

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty But Nice
    The place was OK but I definitely will stay at the Tarntawan next time. It's more expensive, but you get what you pay for.
    Talking to friends who have stayed at The Pinnacle I have always got the impression that it an upmarket backpackers hotel and nothing more.

Certainly the interior is tired and shabby and from what I gather the rooms are very basic.

As you say when staying at The Tarntawan you know you get value for money, it is not at all expensive and you do get somewhere that you are not ashamed to take people back to. Plus it has staff that are amongst the most friendly and helpful in Bangkok.
    You almost never see people with backpacks there, which is how I think you define a backpacker.
    Best deal in Bangkok, great location, decent buffet, nice rooftop terrace.

I write this post regretfully because it may encourage people to stay at the Pinnacle which I'd rather have to myself. I suspect that some of the posters have hidden agendas and they're bashing the Pinnacle Hotel either because they want to scare everyone away so they can have it for themselves or because they're promoting some other hotel.

I have been coming to Thailand for eight years, averaging about two months per year and the Pinnacle is the B E S T bargain to be found in gay Bangkok. I tried Tower Inn...500 baht more for a huge room, which I like, but their breakfast buffet is bleeeaaaa! Regency Park was nice and had essentially the same services as Pinnacle but they cost a lot more plus it's a long trek to the skytrain. My room at Le Residence was no larger than a walk-in closet, they charged joiner fees, their staff was as snooty as a Parisian hotel, etc, etc. Other hotels are more expensive and have fewer amenities than the Pinnacle.

The Pinnacle is so much better for many, many reasons.
    1. The price...less than 1,000 baht per day for a long stay, about 1,100 for a shorter stay.
    2. The location...convenient to MRTA trains and one stop away from Silom
    3. The food...really nice buffet with both Thai and American food. Menu varies from day to day
    4. The security box (deluxe only). I bring a lap-top with me because I need it for my work. I can put the whole laptop in my security box and lock it up safe and sound. What a relief
    5. The services. The usual amenities and the maids will clean the room at any time of the day. The mini-bar is stocked with just four junk food items, so no temptation to nibble on high fat high carbo food.
    6. The front desk. Always helpful and requests are taken care of immediately.
    7. The view...I too had a corner room and the wrap-around view of the ferris wheel and all the skyscrapers is just wonderful.
    8. No joiner fee at all.
    9. Lots of free parking for my Thai friends who have cars

So, all in all, the Pinnacle is the place to go, at least for me.

[quote=Naughty But Nice]

Well, I have stayed at the Pinnacle about 10 times, and have yet to see someone who seems to be a backpacker.
    Not saying it doesn't happen, but IMO it is not common there.

Quote Originally Posted by "Naughty But Nice":2xhpqp4f
    With respect, I think you've gathered incorrectly.
    The rooms at the Malaysia are basic (but adequate). Rooms at the Pinnacle are well above basic.

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty But Nice
    [/quote:2xhpqp4f]

Well, for my budget, the Tartawan is expensive. So, call me cheap.
    Maybe those used to expensive levels would think the Pinnacle basic, but they're in a different world to the real people.
    I've never stayed at the Tartawan. I'm sure it's good. For the rate, it should be fantastic.