List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any alternative to The Pinnacle Hotel?

Any alternative to The Pinnacle Hotel?

My last two trips to Bangkok I have stayed at The Pinnacle Hotel and booked thru Jimmy. My last stay was in March 06 and the service was not all that great. 2 days while I was there the electricity was cut off during the day because they were working on the lines. I also found that the air-condition was not quite up to the job. I do how ever like the location and the price.

Is there a good alternative to staying at The Pinnacle Hotel? I don't mind staying in another part of the city if it is close to a BTS Station. A serviced apartment would be OK too. I just don't want to have a hassle with joiners fees if I bring back a guest to my room.

To all of you that responded to my previous Airline question. Thank You!!

Liked: 1

some suggestions

You will not find anything better value than the Pinnacle through Jimmy - it's a snip. I checked out the day the electricity was being changed. The porter carried my bags down from the 13th floor - no problem.

http://www.chatracourt.com/eng.asp
    http://chinhouse.com/index2.htm
    http://www.malaysiahotelbkk.com/
    http://www.asiatravel.com/thailand/saladang/
    http://www.thesunriseresidence.com/index.html
    http://www.tarntawan.com/
    http://www.towerinnbangkok.com/
    http://www.vincentsbangkok.com/

http://www.dreadedned.com/directory/qui ... e=3&Area=0
    I hope that my posts will be of use.

Liked

Re: Any alternative to The Pinnacle Hotel?

Quote Originally Posted by jefferyj

Is there a good alternative to staying at The Pinnacle Hotel? I don't mind staying in another part of the city if it is close to a BTS Station. A serviced apartment would be OK too. I just don't want to have a hassle with joiners fees if I bring back a guest to my room.

To all of you that responded to my previous Airline question. Thank You!!
    Here is another one you might try. The only drawback I found was the coffee shop.. It was there but not sure why.

http://www.laresidencebangkok.com/

john
    TOQ Tired Old Queen

Don't feed the trolls, Don't feed the trolls, I keep telling myself ..........

Bangkok Centre hotel near the main train station, Chinatown, and right on a subway line!
    Not gay friendly. Not friendly to anyone, but who cares?
    Basic, horrible breakfast buffet, no joiners fee as far as I can tell.
    Cheap when booked through discount website:

Not as cheap when booked directly, so don't.

Bangkok Center Hotel's Page on Asiarroms.com

I think you will find that La Residence charges a joiners fee. THB500 last I heard.

Liked

Saphan Kway

If you want to try another part of the town, you could try Saphan Khway which has cheap good hotels, is close to Don Muang, Chatuchak and Morchit Bus Station (busses to Pattaya, the North and the Northeast). There is a Big C, many street food stalls, a sleazy gay sauna ore two, and a fair amount of gay bars (although they are more oriented for thai, farangs are mostly welcome here) ; one gogo bar (Be High), two host bars and five or six karaoke bars.
    Here is a complete list for the hotels
    www.bangkoktourist.com/hotels_pradiphat.php
    Some sites for reservation :
    Elizabeth Hotel
    Karnmanee
    Saphan Kwai BTS station is within 1 km from the listed hotels hotels ; you will be most often the only farang to get out of the train there.
    More on my blog at : llz.blogspot.com

while on the subject of the pinnacle..........it has 2 new gay waiters in the restaurant from 6am - 2pm.

One them is an absolute stunner.

Pinnacle hotel is fine by me! How do I contact "Jimmy" and get a great rate? Last time I stayed there (couple of weeks ago), it was B1800 - way overpriced for what it is!

Pinnacle

As far as I know these rates still apply.

Jimmy is not quick to reply to e-mails but always does before you arrive.

The Pinnacle has 170 well-appointed rooms. All rooms are equipped with individually controlled air conditioning units, private bathroom with shower and bathtub, IDD phones, Satellite TV with in-house movies and mini-bar.

All rooms are exactly the same size (Except JUNIOR SUITE rooms) but have different amenities and are located on different floors.

1) STANDARD rooms are on the 4th & 5th floor. Rooms are basic with lightly stocked mini bars; safety deposit boxes are available free of charge only at reception.

2) SUPERIOR rooms are on the 4th, 5th ,6th & 7th floor and have additional coffee/tea making facilities; safety deposit boxes are available free of charge only at reception.

3) DELUXE rooms are on the 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th & 14th floor and have additional coffee/tea making facilities, bathrobes, slippers, hairdryer and in-room safety deposit box.

4) JUNIOR SUITE rooms are on the 11th, 12th, 13th & 14th floor and have additional coffee/tea making facilities, bathrobes, slippers, hairdryer and in-room safety deposit box. They are larger than Deluxe Rooms with a separate bedroom and living area.

************************************************** ********************************
    The room rates for the Pinnacle Hotel Lumpinee, Bangkok that we offer currently
    FROM 1 NOVEMBER '04 UNTIL 31 MARCH '06 are as follows :
    (Weekly Rate = Minimum of 7 consecutive nights*)
    ************************************************** ********************************

1) STANDARD ROOMS (4th & 5th Floors) - Smoking rooms ONLY*:
    ================================================== ===
    1.1) STD-Single(1 big bed**), for One person with breakfast = 840 baht/night (*Weekly Rate = 790 baht/night)
    1.2) STD-Double(1 big bed**), for Two persons with breakfast = 940 baht/night(*Weekly Rate = 890 baht/night)
    1.3) STD-Twin(2 single beds), for Two persons with breakfast = 940 baht/night (*Weekly Rate = 890 baht/night)
    <*Note: As of 11 Aug '04 a Non-smoking room is no longer available in a Standard room.>
    2) SUPERIOR ROOMS (4th, 5th, 6th & 7th Floors):
    ========================================
    2.1) SUP-Single(1 big bed**), for One person with breakfast = 940 baht/night (*Weekly Rate = 890 baht/night)
    2.2) SUP-Double(1 big bed**), for Two persons with breakfast = 1,040 baht/night(*Weekly Rtae = 990 baht/night)
    2.3) SUP-Twin(2 single beds), for Two persons with breakfast = 1,040 baht/night (*Weekly Rate = 990 baht/night)

3) DELUXE ROOMS (8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th & 14th Floors):
    ================================================== ==
    3.1) DLX-Single(1 big bed**), for One person with breakfast = 1,090 baht/night (*Weekly Rate= 1,040 baht/night)
    3.2) DLX-Double(1 big bed**),for Two persons with breakfast =1,190 baht/night(*Weekly Rate= 1,140 baht/night)
    3.3) DLX-Twin(2 single beds),for Two persons with breakfast =1,190 baht/night (*Weekly Rate= 1,140 baht/night)
    4) JUNIOR SUITE = One bed room with a big bed + a separate living room (11th, 12th, 13th & 14 Floors):
    ================================================== =============================
    Junior Suite-Single/Double(1 big bed only), with breakfast for two = 1,950 baht/night(*Weekly Rate= 1,790 baht/night)

================================================== ======================================
    PLEASE NOTE: BREAKFAST IS NOW PART OF THE PACKAGE AND NO LONGER AN OPTION. HOWEVER, FOR AN ADDITIONAL 100 BAHT (starting 1 Nov '04), THE BREAKFAST COUPON CAN BE EXCHANGED FOR THE BUFFET LUNCH (Monday through Friday only, except public holidays). THIS SPECIAL OFFER IS AVAILABLE ONLY TO GUESTS BOOKING THROUGH J.F. HOLIDAYS, NOT THROUGH OTHER AGENTS OR DIRECT WITH THE HOTEL.

Remarks:
    ========
    1) All floors have been renovated.
    2) All rooms on the 6th, 8th, 10th, 12th & 13th floors are Non-smoking rooms.

3) Please advise whether you prefer a Smoking or Non-smoking room***.

4) **Big bed, ***Smoking and Non-smoking rooms, and special requests for a certain floor are Subject to availability at check-in.
    5) Starting 1 Nov '04, extra charge for a Late Check-Out of no later than 6 PM is 500 baht. IF CHECKING OUT AFTER 6 PM, A FULL NIGHT WIIL BE CHARGED.

6) Extra charge for an extra bed (with breakfast) = 500 baht/night.

7) The above rates are inclusive of tax and service charges, and buffet breakfast.

8) The above rates may be subject to change.
    9) PLEASE NOTE THESE SPECIAL PRICES ARE ONLY FOR BOOKINGS MADE THROUGH J.F. HOLIDAYS, NOT DIRECT WITH THE HOTEL.
    10) No shows will be charged at the rate of 1 night. You must notify us of any changes or cancellation.

11) Payment must be made to J.F. Holidays in room 1312, NOT to the hotel.

12) Payment can be made after checking into the room. Payment must be in CASH ONLY (Thai Baht) and is due immediately after checking-in (or within 24 hours after checking-in, at the latest). Otherwise, you will NOT receive the special rates shown above.NOTE: Office hours for payment are normally 10 AM тАУ 3 PM.

13) Complete instructions for payment will be given to you again with the booking confirmation.
    ************************************************** ***********************************
    PLEASE PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION WHEN MAKING THE BOOKING(S) :
    1) Your FIRST and LAST NAME (as on your passport).
    2) The room type preferred.
    3) Smoking or Non-smoking room (*Note: a Non-smoking room is not available in a Standard room).
    4) Number of rooms required.
    5) Number of persons per room.
    6) Check-In and Check-out Dates.
    7) Arrival flight details.
    8) The estimated arrival time.
    9) Also, your contact phone number(s) and alternative email address (if any) would be helpful.
    ************************************************** ***********************************
    Enjoy your stay in Bangkok. Hope to see you again soon.
    Best regards,

Jimmy / J.F. Holidays Travel & Trading Ltd., Part.
    C/O : Pinnacle Hotel Lumpinee, Bangkok
    Room # 1312
    Tel : 02-287-0111
    Mobile : 01-859-6585
    E-mail : jimmyfirst@hotmail.com

Don't bother emailing Jimmy.
    Call!