Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Go-go bars v the apps

Liked

Go-go bars v the apps

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    I currently rate my chances of returning to Thailand by Christmas 2021 at 80%. Returning by next summer at 60% and returning by Easter/Songkran at 30%.

If you build it they will come , more If you cum, we will build it.
    When we return in numbers as part of some new normal, Pattaya will return too.
    In a strange way we are Pattaya.

Kenny, I think your odds are pretty well reasoned. I would assess them similarly. It is a bit harrowing to point out however that, according to your odds, there is still a 20% we won't even be back by next Christmas. But yes I think your projections are spot on.

As for the second part of our enjoyable analysis, I also generally agree with your assessment, depending on who the "we" is. If "we" is us over-age Westerners then I would not agree. If however there is a new wave of gay 30-somethings and 40-somethings then I would be very optimistic about the future of Pattaya.

One more point, I think the "New Pattaya" in any case will be very different from our nostalgic reminisces. I think the "New Pattaya" will be even more technologically enabled (the "apps" that we know today are still very crude IMHO) and most of the visible sleaze will have been erased (for all the reasons which have been discussed on this forum). The reason I am optimistic is that Thais in general are fun loving, much more relaxed about sex than the rest of the "Victorian" world, and also strangely entrepreneurial.

Here's an idea for a new (5G-enabled?) app -- you turn it on and whenever there is another "brother of certain characteristics" within range the app alerts you. Then the next phase is to discreetly signal level of interest in each other (MB or otherwise). Well,cum to think about it, maybe this method has no better chance of yielding satisfying results than a simple smile, huh.

Liked

Re: Thailand To Get Vaccine Early Next Year?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc K View Post
    One more point, I think the "New Pattaya" in any case will be very different from our nostalgic reminisces. I think the "New Pattaya" will be even more technologically enabled (the "apps" that we know today are still very crude IMHO) and most of the visible sleaze will have been erased (for all the reasons which have been discussed on this forum). The reason I am optimistic is that Thais in general are fun loving, much more relaxed about sex than the rest of the "Victorian" world, and also strangely entrepreneurial.
    Seriously, what is there left for Pattaya if you get rid of the sleaze? Don't most gay visitors go there for precisely that? They want to see and be titllated by the boys in the bar and get to know them a little before they decide to off them. If dependance on the apps becomes the norm, other parts of the country could become as attractive, if not more so.

Then as more and more boys take to the apps, doesn't the sex tourist run the risk of more and more boys putting up photos and profiles that make them seem wonderfully appealing. How does the sex tourist of a 7 day visit react when after that knock on the door the boy turn out to be 15 years older and several kgs heavier? Once is maybe understandable. If that happens more often a vacation in Pattaya becomes a dog.

Take technology a bit further. Will we eventually just see holograms of the boys in skimpy pants on stage, pick a number and he miraculously turns up at our hotel?

Since western sex arrived, Pattaya has always existed because it offers 'live' girls and boys and sleaze. Get rid of the 'live' element and it dies. The Mayor can then spend billions more in his quest to make it a family destination.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Armando View Post
    How does the sex tourist of a 7 day visit react when after that knock on the door the boy turn out to be 15 years older and several kgs heavier? Once is maybe understandable. If that happens more often a vacation in Pattaya becomes a dog.
    If a sex tourist is limited to only 7 days, he'd be better off spending them in the boy bars. Meet a guy, or two, or three, that you like, and just enjoy yourself. Fiddling around with the apps is better suited for those on longer holiday stays.

No, the boy bars will not be gone when you return, Not as many as before...but certainly enough to keep you very busy during your one week holiday. I have a few expat friends over here who have "boy fun" every night of the week, and they don't even know how to use the apps.

4. 3 Users gave Like to post:

goji (October 14th, 2020), poshglasgow (October 15th, 2020), Smiles (October 14th, 2020)

Liked

Marc K paints a dystopian future but unlikely to come true thank goodness.

Computer and virtual reality games get more advanced every year and yet we still build huge theme parks. Take out and delivery meals are everywhere but new restaurants are opening all the time. Airports are running at capacity plus, hotels continue to get ever more luxurious. We like the real thing. In fact if one good thing comes out of this horror movie made real it might be a reminder to many just how good going out is.

No app ever sucked me in the (empty at the time) A-Bomb, no app had me sucking on stage in the old nightclub near Mosaik, no app sat naked on my lap and no app had me trying to keep it together as a boy I didn't know 5 minutes previously becomes my number one must have boy in the whole world.

We like the real thing.

6. 7 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (October 14th, 2020), christianpfc (October 15th, 2020), goji (October 14th, 2020), Maxxy (October 19th, 2020), Oliver2 (October 14th, 2020), poshglasgow (October 15th, 2020), TaoR (October 16th, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    If a sex tourist is limited to only 7 days, he'd be better off spending them in the boy bars. Meet a guy, or two, or three, that you like, and just enjoy yourself. Fiddling around with the apps is better suited for those on longer holiday stays.
    Flying from Europe, I can't imagine ever staying 7 days. My first ever trip was just over 2 weeks and as I thought I'd arrived in paradise, it's been at least 28 days after that.

A good boy bar can be more fun, for some of the reasons listed by Arsenal.
    However, if you ask the right questions & define the terms properly, the odds of getting great service are higher with the phone apps.

Quote Originally Posted by Armando View Post
    How does the sex tourist of a 7 day visit react when after that knock on the door the boy turn out to be 15 years older and several kgs heavier? Once is maybe understandable. If that happens more often a vacation in Pattaya becomes a dog.
    Answer:
    1 Check EVERY photo and ask for more if you can't check his body shape.
    2 BEFORE meeting, I hope the tourist has asked the boy for a CURRENT photo, then made it clear that the boy must look "exactly like the photo or we don't meet". Make sure he understands & agrees.
    3 Meet the boy away from the hotel. If he's 15 years older and overweight, say goodbye. As he's the one responsible for the deception, give him 0 baht. Of course, this is almost certainly not going to happen, as most of the lads attempting to pull a fast one have stopped the conversation after point 2.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post

1 Check EVERY photo and ask for more if you can't check his body shape.
    2 BEFORE meeting, I hope the tourist has asked the boy for a CURRENT photo, then made it clear that the boy must look "exactly like the photo or we don't meet". Make sure he understands & agrees.
    3 Meet the boy away from the hotel. If he's 15 years older and overweight, say goodbye. As he's the one responsible for the deception, give him 0 baht. Of course, this is almost certainly not going to happen, as most of the lads attempting to pull a fast one have stopped the conversation after point 2.
    God...it sounds like you're buying a used car on Craig's List.

9. 5 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (October 14th, 2020), goji (October 14th, 2020), snotface (October 15th, 2020), Surfcrest (October 18th, 2020), TaoR (October 16th, 2020)

Liked

It is not a car but it is undoubtedly used.

11. User who gave Like to post:

chuckdi (December 15th, 2020)

Liked

An interesting analogy. Over a long period, I've also learnt what to check when buying a used car, so I get much better results now than 30 years ago. The retirement fund is also significantly larger as a result of not putting a new car on the drive every year.

With boys on the apps, I can either make the checks and get good results or forget the checks and get the occasional dud who's about 10kg heavier or doesn't actually do much in bed.
    Admittedly it's much more fun walking into a bar, finding a boy that's invited himself to sit naked on my lap and leaving shortly afterwards.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

....and if the mb shows up and doesnt look quite like the air brushed app manipulated photo...but still quite fuckable...what do u do??

Liked

One would never buy a used car on an app. One would go to the showroom. To feel the softness of the leather upholstery, the firmness of the gear stick, the responsive speed on the straight, the grip in the corners, to see the modifications; if any, to check the lights are bright, to sample the handling, to make sure no incorrect fuel has been added and to make sure it feels right.

The same with a boy.

15. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (October 15th, 2020), poshglasgow (October 15th, 2020), TaoR (October 16th, 2020)