Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Apps...Misleading Pics

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Apps...Misleading Pics

As the scene in Thailand has migrated largely to the apps...Hornet...Blued etc. Profile pics are often misleading. My profile says no fem gay sissyboys, many pics look ok but in person YUCK......Buyer Beware!
    Back to the go go bars only as you see what you get up front!!!!

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Re: Apps...Misleading Pics

I meet all on line dates on neutral territory.

If they look significantly different to the profile photo, I have the moral authority to send them away. Particularly if I have checked that point in discussion before fixing the meeting.
    If everyone did that with highly inaccurate pictures, the problem would correct itself. We don't have any obligation to complete dates with badly misleading photos.

The subtle cases are more difficult, e.g. aging a couple of years. Or those where I failed to spot those cute photos disguising a beer gut. Since there is no cheating, I find it more difficult to send them away.

Of course, the bars remove that problem, providing it's a gogo bar where he's almost all on display.

Liked

Apps are for wimps.😎

Liked

Meeting the guy on neutral territory is a wise thing to do.
    It does take away that magic moment when the door opens and your own private stunner walks in but it's better to be sure.
    The most common trick is the time-lapse photo.
    You're expecting lamb and aged mutton walks into your presence and you don't recognize him from the posted photo.
    Awkward.

Liked

But, FRM, what did he think of you? I'm a traditionalist, only host bars or (rarely nowadays) go go bars for me. Like to have a bit of conversation before we seal the deal.

Of course, this next trip I've set up to meet 2 friends. It'll be fun seeing how they interact with each other.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I dont discriminate between commercial and non-commercial dates....if what appears is not as advertised I very firmly tell it to leave....only exception is if its" do-able" and its commercial then I negotiate a discount taking great pleasure in pointing out the defects....can be real fun dates.
    I always insist on full body pic...front and rear....no beer bellies or saggy bitts...that is a MUST...NO exceptions....ever.
    Joe...I really dont care what he thinks of me as my pics are fully up to date...so unless he's as blind as matty there are no surprises.
    When it comes to buying online dont assume anything...ask and check...be specific..about time frame and activities /services expected....on more than one occasion I have stopped a session because all of a sudden he decides that a previously agreed upon activity is no longer possible..

Liked

A sudden attack of good taste perhaps. The activity is perfectly possible, just not with you.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    .. my pics are fully up to date..
    How come they're in fucking sepia then?

The Rabbi.jpg

9. 2 Users gave Like to post:

bobsaigon2 (October 12th, 2017), joe552 (October 12th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

if I'm paying...need I say more?
    And if its just a regular date and he's availing himself of my excellent techniques...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

scatboy...I shudder at your fetishes..I have to wonder what else is lurking in your pc. Think I need a shower now..