Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Review: Gossip Cafe

Review: Gossip Cafe

I never planned on reviewing this place, but since I have eaten here 5 times already, I feel I should say something about it. As always, this is my opinion.

The gossip cafe is an indoor/outdoor cafe located on one of the corners of soi day night in Pattaya. I have found myself wandering in many times because I am an early riser. It is open 24 hours/day, and as such I get my breakfast here at 7:00 a.m. instead of waiting the usual 3 hours to get breakfast anywhere else in this town. I must say I could be trapped at worse places. The Gossip cafe is plain, and painted around the walls are their spcial menu items and promotions (the one to my right is for pizza and beer). It's not like a diner, but it does have that corner cafe feel found in so many route 66 type places in America. So far I have only had the breakfasts, and they are okay. It's hard to make fried eggs special, but they have yet to screw them up royally. I usually stick to the American Breakfast (2 Eggs fried or scrambled with Ham, Bacon or Sausage served with home fried potatoes, 2 pieces of tasts with butter and jam, coffee or tea, and orange juice or milk, 69 baht). I sometimes also get the Farmer's Breakfast (Pan fried potatoes with onion, bacon, and peppers topped with 2 fried eggs, coffee or tea, and a choice of orange juice or milk, 59 baht). The service is sometimes slow and it is hard to get their attention if you want another cup of coffee or such. Another big plus is the free wi-fi. I brough my laptop to Thailand and so I can save on fees at the internet cafe by coming here and taking care of my tech business every morning while I eat. My Skype works wonderfully through their connection, and Sawatdee-gay-forum is not blocked when i use the service here, making it much faster than the internet cafe i usually use. The menu is extensive (188 items) with favorites from around the world. I have not tried anything except for the breakfast, but one farang told me that the Calamari Tempura is good here (69 baht).

This place has become a part of my morning ritual, and I enjoy it. If you bring a laptop with wireless with you, I think this is a good place to start your morning.

Atmosphere 7/10 (can get hot at times)
    Food 9/10
    Service 7/10
    Value 9/10

If you are wanting to locate this place, I suggest using the maps on pattayagay.com. In fact, I will say that all the maps on the website of the areas are the most helpful and reflect the streets and locations more accurately than any other. For a new person coming here they have been most helpful. The gossip cafe website is http://www.gay-gossip.com/

HWT

Liked

Nice Report....

Thanks for the report.

I recently moved to a house and I have taught my friend the farang style of cooking so I don’t eat out as often as I used to but I remember and agree the wireless connection is good and the coffee is served in a proper cup and proper size at the Gossip cafe.

The staff was generally friendly and the place is open 24 hours. Agreed the food prices are a little lower than some other places, but the price isn’t everything.

In my opinion, the food is well, not to appealing for my taste. In six visits, I have been ill twice after eating at the Gossip Cafe. I eat off the vending carts a few times a week and have never been sick from the food. In fact I have never been sick eating food at all in Thailand except once in Bangkok, once in Chiang Rai and twice at the Gossip Caf├й.

I don’t like to promote establishments because we all have different tastes and opinions on what is good and what is not so good. I also don’t like the bitterness that oozes from some of the posters on this particular board who love nothing better than to whine about most any topic posted.

But aside from that and if you have the time, I think you may enjoy a couple of other places and write up what you think.

Food Land has a caf├й inside and air conditioned open 24 hours

Tops supermarket on 2nd road has a caf├й inside is air conditioned and open 24 Hours.

Continental Caf├й used to open at 0730 hrs. and have two locations in Pattaya and one in Koh Samui. They used to serve a decent breakfast and dinners and have inside (air conditioned tables) and outside seating as well.

Oh and I almost forgot, there is a place on 2nd road across from Mikes Shopping mall that I believe is called KISS food and drinks. They are or used to be open 24 hours a day. The food there is on the same level as Gossip–and cheap as well.

There several other places that serve a decent breakfast but open later in the morning in Pattaya.

Again, thank for your report.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana