List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: watch your pockets, dears.........

Forum's veteran
    Liked

watch your pockets, dears.........

Returning from Jomtien the other day with some friends and a Thai regular of mine the following happened..
    It was crowded on the baht bus and a group of 4 or 5 relatively unkempt and unattractive women entered and one or
    two squeezed in and the rest stood.. I am very familiar with gyspies pickpockets from spending my youth in Italy and
    Spain and my anti-pickpocketing radar went off immediately..One of the women put a plastic bag down and a French speaking
    farang's back pocket was inches away..I saw her other hand move in behind the plastic bag and knew she was trying to lift
    his wallet ...I interrupted the farang who was chatting away with a friend and pointed to my eyes and then to the bag and the
    hand..His hand went right to his front pocket and as he turned the women who has just got on and got off and paid and then got
    on another baht bus right in front of this one..

Another time, on a baht bus, a friend of mine saw a pickpocket take an elderly farang's wallet and grabbed the pickpocket's hand with the wallet
    still in it..The elderly farang was so grateful his wallet was saved and the crook just got off and probably back on another bus..

Be very aware when the baht buses get crowded and you get bumped and pushed..Odds are good that your pockets are the target and
    don't be shy..They are cowards and thieves... Watch your pockets, dears............

Liked

pockets

Thanks for the warning, often times I'm chatting like a magpie to a Thai friend and need to be reminded of security. I do like velcro closers on pants, really have to work to get at the contents of the pocket, and also there is that ripping sound when it is opened. I have some pants with a zipper in the pocket, and if it saves being ripped off then it was worth the effort to get the pants with the zipper in the pocket. He He also has zipper in front but don't think the gypsies are interested in that zipper.

Re: pockets

Quote Originally Posted by bing
    often times I'm chatting like a magpie ...
    Isn't it magpies who are reputed to be pickpockets themselves? Indeed, there's an opera about it - http://www.answers.com/topic/overture-t ... ing-magpie

Liked
    Thanks for the reminder. I try to always be on guard I but sometimes a remind is a good thing.
    These are the good'ol days

Liked: 1
    I always keep my wallet in my front pocket, so if someone wants to swipe my wallet they would have to put their hand in that pocket. Who knows what surpise they might find looking for my wallet.

Liked

Hominturn

Under the heading Social Organization of the Magpie, "Azure winged magpies form flocks
    of up to 30 birds in a flock. They are colony nesters and may even cooperate in raising their broods. Group members stay in touch during foraging through frequent calls".
    Magpies are often associated as being gregarious with a penchant for constant chatter.
    The pick-pocket association is a tribute to a fine liberal education.

When I travelled in Mexico City for the very forst time, my $20 note was pickpocketed on the metro. When I went to Mexico City again recently, I went to a sauna and shaged a Mexican. I kept the filthy used condom in a little plastic bag sealed and wrapped with a piece of paper, and then put it in my pocket. It was later gone in the metro. :cheers:

Liked: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckwow
    I went to a sauna and shaged a Mexican. I kept the filthy used condom in a little plastic bag sealed and wrapped with a piece of paper, and then put it in my pocket. It was later gone in the metro. :cheers:
    that's my kind of humor :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
    Ofcourse I go with other Falang, it's my job, but you are the only one I love :)

Liked

why

best bet is don't use a wallet to go out with being steal me

Liked

why

best bet is don't use a wallet to go out with being steal me