Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Eleven people killed in road smash on Pattaya and Bangkok freeway

Liked

Eleven people killed in road smash on Pattaya and Bangkok freeway

Often you see members talking about the taxis to and from the airport here. I have never commented but the levels of 140 kph last year and the driver playing with his IPAD,frightened me.
    This article has some photos with more to come

http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/2...ttaya-bangkok/

4am – Breaking News: Eleven people have been killed after becoming trapped in a passenger minibus that overturned and caught fire on the Pattaya to Bangkok motorway last night.

The accident, that happened at 9pm on Friday 10, claimed the lives of eleven people who were unable to free themselves from the burning vehicle. The Disaster Mitigation and Prevention Department of the Interior Ministry issued a brief statement in the early hours of June 11.
    The department statement confirms there are four survivors who managed to climb out of the wreckage as the fire took hold. Rescuers of the Trikhunnatham Foundation in Chon Buri have taken three of them to the Chalurat Hospital and the fourth to Chon Buri Hospital.
    Witnesses say the van overturned after one of its tyres burst.
    More information to follow as it becomes available…

Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Eleven people killed in road smash on Pattaya and Bangkok freeway

An unfortunate implication in your post, lonely. Mention of 140kph in the first para implies the van in that horrible accident was speeding. I have seen nothing in the news (yet) to imply that the 52 year old lady driver - who survived - was speeding. The fact is the van suffered a blow-out on a rear tyre. There are several reasons why this might have occurred and speeding is unlikely to be one. I once had the misfortune to have an explosive expressway blow-out on the front passenger tyre of a BMW I was driving home for my boss. To this day I have no idea how I managed to retain control of that vehicle which immediately veered towards a large rock!

3. User who gave Like to post:

Surfcrest (June 13th, 2016)

Liked

fountainhalll you are being pedantic. I published the original article.You are playing follow up with later news I mentioned the 140kph that frightened me . Maybe it should have been in a different line. Was my comment different to yours when you once had a blowout, when driving.
    There were 11 deaths Articles published since then talk about how unsafe these vehicles are, many with poor tyres, much narrower than usual size and horror stories on the driver doing other work whilst driving,
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Van is my third choice after train and bus, but I still have to go by van quite often when traveling in Thailand. Not recommended if you are overweight, oversize or have luggage; I sat more comfortable in airplanes (economy class) than in vans. If possible, I get the front seat (better view, a bit more space). The back seats are indeed traps, little chance getting out in case of accident. Despite these accidents, I will continue using vans if there is no train or bus.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat View Post
    fountainhalll you are being pedantic. I published the original article.You are playing follow up with later news
    Oh come on, lonely! Pedantic? That's rich! You start a thread "Eleven People Killed in a road Smash," talk about your personal experience in bold face characters and then lead into an early report on that sad accident.

Fact 1: given your first paragraph, what are readers expected to believe? Driver's fault as a result of speeding or not concentrating! "Accident" as used in the article would have been more accurate than the more sensational "Smash". Fact 2: the article makes it perfectly clear that the van overturned when "one of its tyres burst". Fact 3: this is not "follow-up" news - it's actually in the penultimate sentence of the article you posted! Fact 4: I added the part of my having a blow-out to illustrate what can often be very serious consequences for a driver when a wheel in any vehicle deflates instantly no matter the type/quality of vehicle.

For your follow-up information, this is corroborated by yesterday's Bangkok Post article -

Pol Lt Col Suphakit said it was believed the crash was an accident, saying there was no trace of a collision with another vehicle. He said investigators believed the van's tyre had burst, causing the driver to lose control of the vehicle and hit a barrier. The overturned vehicle, which was NGV-powered, was quickly engulfed in flames.
    http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/gene...rror-van-smash

Liked

The Wombat has updated his scoop:

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat View Post
    One Hundred and Eleven Dead in Motorway Smash following Alien Abduction Between Pattaya & Bangkok!!

Reporter: T Wombat

One hundred and eleven people have been killed after becoming trapped in a passenger minibus that reportedly was sucked up from the road by a hovering alien spacecraft which then dropped the minibus back on to the road where it overturned and caught fire on the Pattaya to Bangkok motorway.

The supernatural phenomenon, which happened at 9pm on Friday 10, claimed the lives of sixty seven people who were unable to free themselves from the burning vehicle. The Alien Abduction Disaster Mitigation and Prevention Department of the Interior Ministry issued a brief statement in the early hours of June 11.

The department statement confirms there are forty survivors who managed to climb out of the wreckage as the fire took hold. Rescuers of the James T Kirk Foundation in Chon Buri have taken forty three of them to a secret location and the forty fourth to an undisclosed facility at the end of the rainbow where pink ponies live..

A witness, Mr O.E Wallawallabingbang (87) of Gomorrah by the Sea, told this reporter (because he knew I'd tell anybody else who would listen) of seeing a silvery, saucer shaped object with flashing lights, hovering over the area shortly before the disaster. He also described the minibus being levitated upwards within a "deathly green shaft of light" whilst the Imperial March tune from Star Wars emanated from the spacecraft.

More information to follow as I exaggerate it out of all proportion, or just make it up.
    Last edited by scottish-guy; June 13th, 2016 at 15:47.

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

fountainhall (June 13th, 2016), Magnum (June 13th, 2016)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Oh dear, Scottish! How did you know my name is Wallawallabingbang? I thought it was a secret!

Liked

Sorry Founty - and for giving your age away as well!

My bad

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post

One Hundred and Eleven Dead in Motorway Smash following Alien Abduction Between Pattaya & Bangkok!! The Wombat has updated his scoop:

One Hundred and Eleven Dead in Motorway Smash following Gay Alien Abduction Between Pattaya & Bangkok!!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Sorry Founty - and for giving your age away as well!

My bad

You're forgiven. Since I hit 50, I have remained 50 for more years than I care to remember. A misprint is understandable!