Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Son of a Beachlover

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Son of a Beachlover

Yesterday, I finally had to put our New York colleague on Ignore, not because his posts were objectionable but simply because I got tired of scrolling down to avoid his numerous entries. One board member charitably described him as "the equivalent of the much needed trade winds" that enlivened SGT. "Tsunami" would be my choice of words. Well over 50 posts this weekend and more this morning. Perhaps he's aiming for "posting freak" designation.

Liked

Re: Son of a Beachlover

Wouldn't hold it against him. Sometimes people get into modes of emotional disparity.

Or who are you talking about? Myself or Bruce?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Bruce-NYC

Liked

"Or who are you talking about? Myself or Bruce?"

If the shoe fits, wear it.

Liked

Obviously, it's all about Cinderella!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Don't worry too much. If you've been around a long time, you'll realize ( or remember ) that I tend to go through short periods ( binges ) of "chat fever".... rarely.... cushioned in between very long extended periods of no posting at all..... and no reading the forum at all, in fact.... sometimes lasting a year or more.

"Chatting", as I call it.... ( including all forms of electronic chit chat ).... really can be an addiction.... or more accurately, a compulsive behavior.

The instant email notifications that come from the forum, don't really help. They call you back again.... to read one more thing... engaging you even more. And when people reply to you.... it beckons a reply... one more reply.... Naturally.

It is my hope that the PMs I receive privately * thanking* me for my posts... are more representative of most readers.

But in any case, if at least a few people enjoy, or benefit in some way from, my posts.... then it's worth it.

Of course, I do realize that attacking people ----- whether for being too new, or for being old, or being young, or for being smart, or for being stupid, or for liking something you don't like, or for being too rich, or too poor, or too cheap, or too generous, or...... the list is endless..... literally.

THAT is rule number one around here. TMA. Thou Must Attack... otherwise where will I get any self esteem from...?

(

( And some people wonder why it's only the same 8 people who post every message here? It's because everyone else is terrified of incurring the wrath of the attacking old queens . )
    check out http://gaysexthailand.com every day

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bobsaigon2
    Well over 50 posts this weekend and more this morning.
    Are we exaggerating just a tad....?

The truth is..... according to this forum software.... 8 posts in the last 1 day.... and 30 in the past 7 days.

Probably not far off from other active posters here.

For example,

cdnmatt: 8 in the last 1 day, and 39 in the last 7 days

francois: 2 in the last 1 day, and 23 in the last 7 days

bobsaigon2: 2 in the last 1 day, and 7 in the last 7 days

dinagam: 2 in the last 1 day, and 8 in the last 7 days

Oh so many messages we've all.... "had to endure scrolling past...."

If we're doing some sort of attacking by score keeping now....

Don't worry, if I put you on Ignore..... I won't be so obnoxious as to announce it to the whole world.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

According to this forum's software, I see bruce-nyc posting 12 times today, 30+ times yesterday, and 40+ times Saturday.

No matter. I have made my point so the exact numbers are not important.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I don't know where you're getting those numbers... But I was getting mine from the bottom of this page: bruce-nyc-u43327-posts.html?st=1

Of course, the number goes up every time I reply here, etc....

Anyway, this whole topic is a non-topic. Talk about boring nothing posts that waste people's time.... This one takes the cake.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I wasn't aware there was a limit to how many posts a member could make ? But if one does find the number of posts from another member offensive then surely that IS exactly what the ignore button is for, so it can be quietly pressed, allowing you the peace you seek and the Op the pleasure of posting away there to their hearts content.