List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much do you trust Thai Pharmacies?

Liked

How much do you trust Thai Pharmacies?

In the UK I take a prescribed medicine everyday which, as IтАЩm not yet 60, I have to pay for. ItтАЩs not a particularly powerful drug and it doesnтАЩt treat anything very serious. ItтАЩs not available at many pharmacies in Thailand but it was on sale at the very large one (sorry donтАЩt know the name) which is some way up North Pattaya Road on the right as you head out of Pattaya assuming it's still there.

I'll be back in Pattaya in a few days and I could buy a yearтАЩs supply for less than I pay for one month in the UK. But IтАЩve seen many stories about fake drugs in Thailand that I wonder if itтАЩs a good idea?

By-the-way itтАЩs not an antibiotic which I wouldnтАЩt buy.

Liked

Re: How much do you trust Thai Pharmacies?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuai-Duai
    In the UK I take a prescribed medicine everyday which, as IтАЩm not yet 60, I have to pay for. ItтАЩs not a particularly powerful drug and it doesnтАЩt treat anything very serious. ItтАЩs not available at many pharmacies in Thailand but it was on sale at the very large one (sorry donтАЩt know the name) which is some way up North Pattaya Road on the right as you head out of Pattaya assuming it's still there.

I'll be back in Pattaya in a few days and I could buy a yearтАЩs supply for less than I pay for one month in the UK. But IтАЩve seen many stories about fake drugs in Thailand that I wonder if itтАЩs a good idea?

By-the-way itтАЩs not an antibiotic which I wouldnтАЩt buy.
    It sounds like you referring to Fascino, which is a Thai chain. You can buy with confidence at Fascino. Get a member card and your next purchase is 5% off.

Liked

Paying for prescriptions in the UK?

Clearly the OP is not a resident of Wales or N. Ireland - where the long-suffering English subsidise free prescriptions in the Principality of Wales or the Province of NI (aka: regions of England) - as well as everything else within the basket-case Welsh & NI economies which are of course both run by a bunch of tenth-rate politicians.

Just thought I'd save Kommie or Arsenal pointing this out, as I know how keen they are to be seen to be even-handed on such matters and certainly wouldn't dream of singling out any particular constituent part of the UK.

I'm 100% sure they'll have something to add though

To be more on topic - in Thailand I find it pays to be fussier anout where you insert your cock than about what you withdraw from a Pharmacy

Liked

Thank you Scottish, I didn't know you cared. :x

CD. Don't bother with the pharmacies. Go to a proper doctor. They don't charge any more and you're as sure as you can be about getting the genuine article.

Liked

I care about all the lovely SGT posters O:-)

Your advice is interesting as I've never had the need to consult a Doctor in LOS - are you saying that the Doctor dispenses the prescription rather than the Px taking it to a pharmacy to be dispensed?

Just asking.

Liked

Well I don't know about all doctors or all drugs but the doctor I go to sells me the stuff I want.

Liked

Fair enough - it had never occurred to me.

Your advice to the OP seems very sensible then

Liked

Not sure why a Doctor would be any more reliable source then a pharmacy. Most of the counterfeit stuff happens much higher in the supply chain.
    Doctors and Chain Pharmacies are probably getting their inventory from the same distribution.

Without knowing what the medication is...what would be the ramifications if it is not effective? Would there be warning signs that would enable you to get a new supply...other then just dropping dead?

Risk vs Reward

Liked

Anonone: I do think a doctor is more trustworthy. Also, if someone need a prescription drug regularly surely it's better to at least have an ongoing relationship with a highly trained professional medical practitioner than not. Because maybe, at some point you'll need him/her for another reason.

Liked

I buy some medications over the counter at Fascino and save quite a bit. I was surprised by the number of medications that do not require a prescription. The larger Fascinos have a Doctor on site, for a few hours a day, who can write script for a very small fee like 150 Baht. Some medications are significantly cheaper and I stock up for the year. However, some medications were priced comparable to what I pay in the US and require a prescription. The meds I got look and work just like the ones I receive in the US. I have been doing this for the last 4 years with no problem.