Those who travelled across the Pacific from the USA to/from Asia/Oceania since 2000 may be interested to know there is a class action lawsuit in progress which claims that 13 airlines and others agreed to fix the price of their air tickets from 2000 onwards. Without any admission of guilt, 8 airlines have so far paid almost US$40 million in contributions to a Settlement Fund. The total number of airlines involved is 27. Only one has so far admitted guilt тАУ ANA.

Anyone who travelled trans-Pacific from an airport in the USA or in Asia/Oceania to the other without any stop (i.e. CathayтАЩs PacificтАЩs daily Hong Kong to New York service via Vancouver does not count) can elect to join the action. The first deadline for claim forms to be received is September 19, but there will be a further window depending on when the Settlements are finalised.

ItтАЩs important to realise that the information the lawyers require in the claim forms is not which airlines you flew but which issued the tickets. I made several RTW trips from 2000 onwards with tickets issued by Cathay Pacific or British Airways even though the trans-Pacific leg was sometimes on American Airlines. With no copies of the tickets. I cannot be sure who issued what. Yet at this stage the lawyers are not seeking proof of purchase тАУ merely information.

Also, no end date appears to be given. All I can see in the link below is reference to an тАЬEffective DateтАЭ. And given that there will be a gazillion people who will have crossed the Pacific in the last 15 years, I wonder how much each proven claimant might end up receiving.

But some may consider it worth at least submitting a claim if only to see where it goes. Details and claim forms here тАУ

https://airlinesettlement.com/eng/mainpage/Home.aspx