Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reducing air tickets

Reducing air tickets

Airline tickets are getting a little cheaper with the main airlines towards the end of August. A few weeks ago, some of the main major airlines were wanting 800 odd pounds to fly to Bkk and KL and Singapore. Singapore are offering bkk for 529 on ebookers now and even Thai is 612. Obviously they must realise that people won't pay those sort of prices, especially when they consider it is out of season in the far east.

Realisations

I'd have thought even a clapped-out FX trader would realise that airlines these days have tools that help them manage seat demand and concommitant pricing

airlines could reduce seat prices further by selling the drinks on board.......................... since they stopped people smoking i cant drink as it makes me want to smoke even more. Im sure a lot of people just drink because its free.

Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Oogleman
    airlines could reduce seat prices further by selling the drinks on board.......................... since they stopped people smoking i cant drink as it makes me want to smoke even more. Im sure a lot of people just drink because its free.
    Not sure by how much you could reduce ticket prices by selling drinks, but if the present 'giveaway' of drinks is calculated into ticket cost I wouldn't mind them being sold. I never drink when flying anyway as it just makes me dehydrated, restless and grumpy, so why should I have drink giveaways factored into the ticket price?

Re: Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman41
    so why should I have drink giveaways factored into the ticket price?
    exactly................. only water should be free..............other drinks should be ┬г3 a go...they should also consider 1 free meal only..pay for second if u want it. They could raise a few thousand this way and save money by not having so many stewardesses who spend most of their time giving out free drinks and doing practically nothing else.

If they could build a small smoking room/cabin and charge ┬г5-10 a smoke they would make an absolute fortune lol

Re: Realisations

Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    I'd have thought even a clapped-out FX trader would realise that airlines these days have tools that help them manage seat demand and concommitant pricing

what's up hom, u realised u aint gorgeous any more or someat!!!

On BBC News 24 airlines are going to introduce a system which will tell the public when it is the best to purchase tickets. For example, one can not really book their tickets 6 months before they fly, so a system is going to be introduced whereby airlines will somehow say when tickets will be cheaper or more expensive, I'm sure there is something similar in place now, and could be more of an upgrade and probably on available to the airlines, well now its the public.

News for you

I'm told that on United you can't get alcoholic drinks in Economy any more and they haven't dropped the prices. Why should they pass their savings on to the customer?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

United raising prises, others to follow?

read United raising prices

all this charging for drinks is not likely to make passengers too happy.
    wasn't TWA charging rent for headphones near the end?
    who is gonna drink the wines @ $5 a little bottle

Free drinks

I'm told that on United you can't get alcoholic drinks in Economy any more..
    Methinks you've been told wrong. On trans-pacific and intra-asia flights, United still has a full selection of soft drinks, mixed drinks, beer, wine, coffee, tea, etc for FREE.

Domestically (intra-USA) and OTHER international markets (trans-atlantic, South America) they also still have a full selection of drinks, but alcohol drinks are US$5.

As far as fare increasse, it's kind of a dance between carriers in the USA. Since they cannot "collude" with each other, one carrier will propose a fare increase to see if others match it. Oddly enough, it's often Northwest that does NOT match an increase, and the others have to draw back. I say odd because NW is perhaps in the most precarious financial condition of all the US carriers, but yet they help prevent revenue increases.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

august...

I was finalizing a roundtrip ticket from the USA to BKK and decided to check on the Thai Air non stop 17 hr. from NYC to BKK.. My agent gave me a
    price just over a $1000. US and I said great and she great oops!! that is for an August departure and not the July departure I needed..For the July date
    the Thai Air non stop was about $400 US more than the August price and I passed but will try again next time... Maybe some good prices in August..