Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Bang Saray Pattaya's Once Sleepy Neighbor

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Bang Saray Pattaya's Once Sleepy Neighbor

Some years back this picturesque fishing village only a short ride south off Sukumvit road was a world apart from the hussle and bustle of Pattaya. Once there were a few inexpensive restaurants a clean beach and a small town center. Went there for lunch today and wow what a change, new condos going up all over and signs for those not even started yet, I guess nothing lasts forever...

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Re: Bang Saray Pattaya's Once Sleepy Neighbor

I watched them build one of the piers that the fishing boats moor at a few years ago. The worker was perched on a concrete plinth sticking up out of the sea and he was drilling away at it with a pneumatic drill. One slip and both he and the drill are done for. No wonder so many boys choose to work in the gogo bars if that's the alternative.

Liked

I think I visited once during one of my early trips. We went by motorbike and it took about half an hour. Would that be about right? We had lunch at a nice restaurant close to the beach and it seemed like a relaxing place to be (for a day, anyway).
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons
    Some years back this picturesque fishing village only a short ride south off Sukumvit road was a world apart from the hussle and bustle. Once there were a few inexpensive restaurants a clean beach and a small town center. I guess nothing lasts forever...
    It doesn't. What was written above also described Pattaya once. Ah the passage of time!