Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: latest sending money apps

Forum's veteran
    Liked

latest sending money apps

Friends birthday coming up soon and want to send him a little cash for his security and comfort.
    Believe it or not, a picture of a money tansfer info sheet to fill out has gotten no response via Facebook messaging,
    with requests for basic info from me from Google translate.

What are the boys familiar with as far as money transfers?
    Western Union? [url]http://locations.westernunion.com/search/thailand/р╕И+р╕Кр╕ер╕Ър╕╕р╕гр╕⠕¡/pattaya/url]

someday we can send money via Facebook- oh goodie ( sarcasm)

Liked

Re: latest sending money apps

My friend prefers MoneyGram, although I've used Western Union too. Apparently, they can get MoneyGram cash within a few minutes, but must wait some hours for WU.

Not that I send huge amounts of cash very often, just for a birthday or the death of a buffalo.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

As Joe mentions, MoneyGram is the best and easiest way to send money and cheaper than Western Union.
    If you are in USA most CVS stores plus many supermarkets do MoneyGrams. Typically your Thai friend can pick the money up at a Thai Military Bank although some other banks also payout MoneyGrams.
    You will need the correct spelling of his name, in English, and after sending the money you will have to send your friend the confirmation number of the MoneyGram and the amount and who sent the money.
    Best done in person by you although it can be done on-line with a credit card.

Google Moneygram for more info.

Liked

They all seem to know about western union. I have not had to do any training courses on picking up money. The issue is sending enough money. One lad in bkk, who had said he had no money to eat, disdained picking up the ┬г20 I sent as being too little. I reclaimed it eventually, as I see ┬г20 (about 1,000 baht) as certainly worth bothering with. Another man, when I said no, sent a photo of an empty rice bowl and water bottle. I have had to adopt a stricter approach as the number of men who have had a 'buffalo die' or 'no rice' moment has expanded and many look to make it a regular income stream. I am fond of all of them and don't blame them for trying but I think we need to be a bit wary. I was amused by the story of an Australian woman, who sent 270,000 dollars to a scammer she had never met, getting round western union's limits by sending it in 10,000 dollar chunks.

I always use bank transfer. They give me their legal name, their account number and Swift address of their bank and I send the money. In 3 or 4 business days it is on their account and they can use any ATM to get it. Strange your guys use these expensive options like Western Union and stuff.

Liked

Goosood, You are not living in USA, I think?

Quote Originally Posted by francois
    Goosood, You are not living in USA, I think?
    No Netherlands.
    I can send the money by logging into my bank's website (we have a secure tool for that) and transfer the money to a Thai bank account.
    In my country almost no-one ever walks into a bank office anymore. All major bank's have an Internet site where you can do all your banking business.

Liked

Few of the guys I've known over the years have a bank account. And they tend to need the money now, not in 3 or 4 days. Admittedly, they were all working in bars, not professionals who would probably have a bank account.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

I use BillPay from my U. S. Checking account. A check is cut and mailed to receiver's mailing address, no charge. PayPal is another option with funds sent electronically.

Quote Originally Posted by joe552
    Few of the guys I've known over the years have a bank account. And they tend to need the money now, not in 3 or 4 days. Admittedly, they were all working in bars, not professionals who would probably have a bank account.
    I have send money to 5 guys now. Four of them are dates from Gayromeo. I know two of these work also in a beer bar (sometimes at least). So some are bar boys. The fifth is a hotel receptionist.
    They all had bank accounts. They all are Thai nationals. I wouldn't be surprised if the huge majority of Thai nationals (not sure of Laos, Cambodia) have bank accounts.

So strange for me how we can have such a different experience! Five times I decided to send money to a boy and all these times I got their bank account number. Not once I received the reply "I do not have a bank account". You really almost always get the reply "I do not have a bank account"? Are your dates mostly from Laos? Cambodia? Vietnam?

Concerning the wait time, yes that is sometimes frustrating for them. But most can wait a few days. I reason like this: It can not be very urgent, because If they hadn't known me they wouldn't have got any money at all. Would all these boys have died if they had not had the luck to know me? Of course not. So how extremely urgent can it be that they can not wait 3, 4 days?