Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Farang pays bar boy 70,000 baht per month

Liked

Farang pays bar boy 70,000 baht per month

I was recently in a well known Boys town bar and having drinks with some of the dancers there. They mentioned one particular fellow boy dancer who they say was being sent 70,000 baht every month by a farang from overseas. The boys I was drinking with could not understand why the recipient was still working in the bar with that kind of income.
    Seems to me if the story is true, then the boy is very lucky, and the farang way way over generous.
    What do you think?

Liked

Re: Farang pays bar boy 70,000 baht per month

I would be skeptical of that information. A lot of the info floating around the bars is a bit suspect, to say the least. A combination of boredom, wanting to appear well-off, and envy can make for some interesting discussion among the bar boys.

It certainly is possible, and yes from an outside perspective it would appear to be overly generous, but I am betting not quite accurate.

Liked

I second that.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

if the thais r anything like the Chinese then they count differently, like in multiples of 10 or something. he probably meant to say 7000.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

DAMN IT ! I told the wee bugger not to say to ANYONE and there now the whole bloody internet knows, I'll be having words with him later, that's it I'm cutting him down to 69,000 from now on seeing as he didn't listen to me - but no less than that mind as I do love him after all and he ASSURES me that he LOVES me too so it's all ok and I don't mind and any way he assures me that he's just working at the bar as a waiter now and doesn't go with customers and only works there to see his friends but still needs his salary there as his family take all of the money I send him as his poor grandmother, aunt and brother are sick so he and they need every baht, actually god love him, it must be hard surviving there on just his waiters salary with no bar customers leaving drinks tip, perhaps on second thoughts I'd better send him just a little more each month now just to tide him over until I get back.........

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy
    DAMN IT ! I told the wee bugger not to say to ANYONE and there now the whole bloody internet knows, I'll be having words with him later, that's it I'm cutting him down to 69,000 from now on seeing as he didn't listen to me - but no less than that mind as I do love him after all and he ASSURES me that he LOVES me too so it's all ok and I don't mind and any way he assures me that he's just working at the bar as a waiter now and doesn't go with customers and only works there to see his friends but still needs his salary there as his family take all of the money I send him as his poor grandmother, aunt and brother are sick so he and they need every baht, actually god love him, it must be hard surviving there on just his waiters salary with no bar customers leaving drinks tip, perhaps on second thoughts I'd better send him just a little more each month now just to tide him over until I get back.........
    Ah, this explains a lot. No wonder you are so popular amongst the local population when you visit. And here i thought it was because you were hung like a horse or something silly like that. LOL

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by anonone
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy
    Ah, this explains a lot. No wonder you are so popular amongst the local population when you visit. And here i thought it was because you were hung like a horse or something silly like that. LOL
    Oh for god sake who ELSE has been talking now, my god it seems theres NOTHING one can keep secret in Pattaya these days !! :-(

PS - I only WISH that that particular lie WAS more true ! :-) lol

Liked

A lot of the info floating around the bars is a bit suspect, to say the least
    Probably said in the hope you will pay the same....

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by anonone
    I would be skeptical of that information. A lot of the info floating around the bars is a bit suspect, to say the least. A combination of boredom, wanting to appear well-off, and envy can make for some interesting discussion among the bar boys.

It certainly is possible, and yes from an outside perspective it would appear to be overly generous, but I am betting not quite accurate.
    Accurate or not it probably won't count to the boy in the long-term. Nothing disappears in Thailand more than easy cash. Items and property are usually converted as soon as necessary into cash through sale or mortgage.

The lovable objects of falang largesse (male and female) are not to be seen as lone kualas in a tree but as mere units within a large swarm forraging on the forest floor. Ton, Jai, Kan and Noi are the cute heads of large, rarely seen icebergs whose first duty is to support that to which they truely belong- the family.

After that falang money goes on gold, iphones, mocycs, by-teeow gab puan , yeens and sometimes a small return under a carefully considered something for "waan-ghert falang".
    That's it.!

Liked

Well put, Thaiguest. That sums up the real situation perfectly.

Although I think I know my regular guy pretty well now as we've spent so much time together, I was preparing myself for the moment when he told me he no longer had his ipad, as it was stolen. But to my relief he hadn't pawned it and still treats it like an extension of his body...lol

Maybe they just pawn gifts they don't find useful, like gold chains - or expensive iPhones which they can pawn and then use the money to buy a cheaper phone.