Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thailand vs Bali

Liked

Thailand vs Bali

Thailand and Bali are completely different experiences. In Thailand I can go to a gogo bar, choose a suitable guy and take him back to the hotel. Of course, in Bali there aren't any gogo bars, so you take what's available out on the street in front of the bars or wait until someone approaches you in the bar. That doesn't always happen, or you are often approached by unattractive or overly fem guys. The guys here do not always have the toned bodies you see in Thailand - must have something to do with their diet - and there are no Isaan sized cocks to be had; at least, I've never found one here. But both guys I've had sex with have reasonable sized cocks and both have been great tops.

Thailand just has more certainty - you never have to go home with someone who doesn't meet most of your criteria. You know you can always find someone. But here it's very hit and miss. There's a chance you may not find a suitable guy. And the money boys here are very much into cum and go; they just want to rush back to the bar to find another customer. At least in Thailand the boys like to linger a little longer. My new guy is a welcome exception. And I get free Indonesian lessons thrown in, as his English is very limited so I have to speak Indonesian with him. And he's very happy with the going rate of $30. None if this "give me $50" caper.

Liked

Re: Thailand vs Bali

So the attraction of Bali is...? I know NIrish guy likes it, but given your description, a447, why would the average sex tourist want to visit?
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

I will speak from my experience.
    Bali is not for Butterflies.
    But Indonesian men can be wonderful mates for touring and sex!!!
    My guy is from Java, so he is Muslim. And I guess very different from Balinese guys.
    He is very manly but loves gay sex and just spending time with his old Dad.
    YEAH, I am 73, so maybe even a Grand-Dad.
    We meet for a week and always have enjoyed our time together.
    He never asks for money or gifts. He is very proud to have a good job in Java.
    He even buys his own airline tickets.
    So not much more I could ask for...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Whilst respecting the view above I would respectfully disagree as I'm fairly sure I fall into the butterfly camp ( and then some) and I had a ball ( no pun intended) in Bali and both could have been and was shagging two, three and four times a day when there, basically just as much or as little as I wanted too.

Whether that was as already discussed above guys from inside the bars, which was non stop, to the guys outside the bars, who were there for the taking ( literally) to grindr and gay Romeo etc which again were non stop if you wanted it with a wide range of types of guy.

I accept bali isn't anywhere near as full on as the sex scene end of things in Pattaya and "appears" and is a little quieter / more relaxed etc but there is /was plenty of action to be had there and I actually enjoyed the more relaxed vibe after the full on madness of Pattaya where it's more a case of who NOT to take home each night rather than who TO take home and as I've such a soft heart I just hate to offend any poor Thai guys heart so just end up taking them all home it seems he he

Liked

Just as a matter of interest, how much would a few days or a week in Bali cost? I mean air fares and hotels, rather than boys and drinks and all the extras. Who knows, when my mother dies and I get a little bit of cash, I might spend a bit more time exploring.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Simple short answer - about the same - big variations in hotel / villa costs but really good bargains to he had, plus right now with the exchange rate etc the drinks and boys etc and really cheap ( much more so than Pattaya) - EVERY single time I leave Pattaya I look at my bank balance and say HOW MUCH and likewise when leaving Bali but for exactly the reverse reason !

The last time I left I thought the ATM machine hadn't registered my lifts of cash or something and instead of going every two days I was going twice a week - and trust me joe you know I like to blow money when on holiday, on Bali I spent as hard if not harder than in Pattaya and still come away "up" - so go for it - and actually knowing your non butterfly preference etc I think you'll actually enjoy Bali more as the guys "appear" more genuine and less hooker like and treat you in a much nicer way than some of the jaded Pattaya old school guys.

Also Bali to me feels much more like a "holiday" as sometimes when I leave Pattaya I'm wrecked and in NEED of a holiday, whereas when in Bali I feel genuinely relaxed and at ease ( whilst still getting lots of fun with hot guys when I want it).

Joe if you're checking flights for comparison I suggest you aim to fly to KL first and use that as a hub as that's the cheapest way usually, but there are direct flights too which aren't any worse than Bkk in high season etc. Oh and you'll also find the bali locals all on GR etc so you can find your partner several months before you travel and get to know them which I know you like doing.

Liked

Joe wrote:
    So the attraction of Bali is...? I know NIrish guy likes it, but given your description, a447, why would the average sex tourist want to visit?
    A good question which is hard to explain.

Bali is a place where the boy experience us so different to Thailand, but as I have written in my Bali Report, I've still had plenty of sex. It's more of a challenge, that's all. Guys don't just always fall into your lap like in Thailand. And it can be a little frustrating.

The normal procedure us to sit at the bar and wait fir a guy to come and sit next to you. Then they go through the " hello. Where you from. yada yada" routine. More often than not, a real handsome guy will sit next to you but you wait in vain for the initial conversation. Then 10 minutes later his boyfriend/fuck buddy turns up! In Thailand you know darn well that the guy who comes and sits right next to you is a money boy.

And as NIrish says, Bali is more relaxing. It's somehow more like a holiday. But if you read my latest post in the Bali Report, you'll see that all is not as laid back and simple as it seems here. I've never had such an experience in Thailand.

There are heaps of boys on Grindr but I haven't tried it as I don't know if they are money boys or not - many say they are looking for a relationship. In Thailand, I regard all boys on Grindr as money boys.

So I'm now wondering if I'll bother coming back here. I love the gay bars and usually stay out every night until they close around 3am. At that time you'll have no problems finding a guy - you'll be manhandled and groped on your way to the toilet. It's finding the right guy that's more difficult here.

Liked

I'm just back from Bali. I had a wonderful time with my boyfriend but, from what I saw, would have not participated in the gay scene had I been alone. Nor did I do so a decade ago. This is not to say that it doesn't exist, only that I wouldn't have felt as comfortable as I do in Pattaya. But then I am more shy than many.
    I 'd recommend anyone going to Bali to get out of the tourist areas and see the interior. Jungles, mountains, lakes, an active volcano....a countryside very different to that of Thailand even it it sounds similar. Unfortunately, it take an hour plus to escape the urbanised area around Seminyak and Kuta....but worth the trouble, I assure you.
    And beach lovers should be aware that the beaches around Seminyak are for surfing, not gentle swimming.

We flew on Air Asia from Bangkok. Amazingly cheap prices. Go!

Liked

Thanks for all the information. Something worth thinking about.

a447 - what a horrible experience you had - now that sort of thing just scares me. Hope it hasn't put you off

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552
    Just as a matter of interest, how much would a few days or a week in Bali cost? I mean air fares and hotels, rather than boys and drinks and all the extras. Who knows, when my mother dies and I get a little bit of cash, I might spend a bit more time exploring.
    So your long suffering mother will now have to take you out of the sleeze route and put you on the strait and narrow touristic path of rightousness and she has to DIE to do so!