Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy days! Bars not to close

Happy days! Bars not to close

The coup leader has announced there will be no elections for 15 months. So, bars won't close because of elections. Every cloud does have a silver lining. Happy days!

Liked

Re: Happy days! Bars not to close

Military and reactionary governments, led by rather dim soldiers, have a habit of interfering in the private of their citizens. Their concept of morality tends to be rather conservative.
    Don't get the balloons out yet.

Liked

Some people have a strange idea of a silver lining.

Liked

And some have an intolerance for sarcasm.
    And then there's Oliver . . .
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver
    ... soldiers, have a habit of interfering in the private of their citizens.
    I'd be happy to let some of those soldiers rummage in my privates! Let's face it there's not a damn thing any of us can do to influence what's happening in Thailand unless you want to boycott the place and that presupposes economic sanctions at that level actually work. Why is it not a silver lining?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kommentariat
    Why is it not a silver lining?
    But it is. How very positive of you to make such an uplifting feelgood post kommentariat, and starting a thread on 'military takeover silver linings'. Just what we have come to expect from you.

So what about some of the other silver linings? I would have thought Oliver would have been delighted with the immediate plans to pay the issan rice farmers their outstanding dues, and while not sufficient to secure the family financial future, certainly there will be enough for a monthly room rent deposit and one way bus ticket to Pattaya or Bkk helping to ensure sufficient staff levels in businesses to pander to your wants and needs.

It's just a case of getting into the correct frame of mind during these trying times, thank you for leading the way kommentariat.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

and following in that theme ....more seats on planes, more tables in restaurants, more seats at the beach, more boys to take care of our every whim, with them being obliged to stay with us until 4am it seems whether they want to or not......yes all in all not the worst, perhaps if we send the army a letter congratulating them on their actions they'll agree to extend things a little further for us :-)

Liked

And don't forget no late night street parties in Boystown to disturb the hotel residents!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

I now see the light.... only us queers put things in their proper perspective. The Titanic is sinking and we strike up the band. During the Loma Prieta earthquake in San Francisco, I was on Polk Street and the lights went, sirens blaring, the Marina district fires in the distance, but that never stopped the drinking, talk about a street party!

Quote Originally Posted by Up2U
    The Titanic is sinking ...
    That analogy would only be true if we were stuck on the Titanic with no alternatives. The Thais are stuck on the Thaitanic. We are not.
    Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2
    I would have thought Oliver would have been delighted with the immediate plans to pay the issan rice farmers their outstanding dues ...
    The more cynical would find this adoption of a key Shinawatra economic policy by the military an attempt to buy support, or buy off opposition. Either way the coup does have many silver linings.