Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eat Like a Pattaya Moneyboy

Liked

Eat Like a Pattaya Moneyboy

With all the delicious food to be had in Thailand, I am pleasantly surprised that most all Thai's are not overweight or fat. Sure there are some that are a few pounds heavier than what is the norm, but for the most part the Money-boys seldom have any extra pounds.

One day I was running around with my friend that works massage on the beach. We were doing a lot of walking and window shopping and just having fun as we made our way to the mall. It was becoming early evening and I asked him if he was hungry. He told me no and suggested that if I was hungry and wanted to eat with him, I should have mentioned it earlier. He went on to tell me that he must stay slim so he does not eat when the sun begins to set. I thought about that and remembered that I too had that eating rule years ago when I was single and trying to attract my lover. Once I moved in with my lover that eating rule came to an end.

Now I am back in the USA and at the beginning of last week I implemented the eating rule that I like to think of as the Money-boy eating rule. I now only eat breakfast and lunch. If it's late in the day and I get hungry, I make a fruit smoothie. So far it seems to be making a difference and I hope to keep it up till I return to Thailand in September (Yes, I pushed my return date back a few weeks).

Now aside from all that, I must say that i am jealous of you guys that can enjoy a evening meal with your special guy. It seems the only time I can enjoy a late meal with a thai guy is after DJ Station is closed and the noodle soup vendor is open.

These are the good'ol days

Liked

Re: Eat Like a Pattaya Moneyboy

Eating a banana in any form is a meal in itself. (~~)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Whilst the not eating anything heavy in fat / calories after say 7pm Isn't a bad idea in general depending on the size and fruit content of your smoothie you could well of course be eating just as much calories as a well balanced healthy meal so watch that you're not fooling yourself into thinking you're eating healthily whilst denying yourself nice food that you could actually be eating with it having any detriment calorie impact on your diet.

Ie - a banana is maybe 100 cals and grapes and oranges etc can be VERY high in sugar etc etc so a smoothie doesn't take long adding up to say a nice piece of grilled sea bass and salad etc, which when you rotate into your diet gives you a better chance of sticking to it of course.

Liked

Who said this was a healthy diet? It's not a healthy diet, it's just a change in eating habits.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bucknaway
    He went on to tell me that he must stay slim so he does not eat when the sun begins to set... Now I am back in the USA and at the beginning of last week I implemented the eating rule that I like to think of as the Money-boy eating rule. I now only eat breakfast and lunch.
    How clever of you to have found the only Pattaya money boy who doesn't eat in the evening. Most of them can be seen happily ingesting away at those wonky metal tables in Boyztown and elsewhere long after the sun has set. Thai monks are meant to finish eating at midday (well, some of them do, I believe). Perhaps you should spend some time as a monk on your next visit...
    [i]There is a boy across the river with a bottom like a peach,
    But alas I cannot swim.
    [/i]
    - From an early-19th-century Pashtun marching song

Liked

Monks don't touch women and can still have sex? I think I already am living like a monk.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bucknaway
    " ... I am pleasantly surprised that most all Thai's are not overweight or fat ... "
    Indeed.
    I too am back in N America (specifically west coast Canada) right now, and surrounded by fatties.
    The observations of mounds of flesh and it's associated bad health started on the plane ~ by far, mostly the Caucasians being the culprits, squeezing and huffing and puffing into their narrow economy seats ~ and has been never-ending after touchdown. It seems that I can no longer quietly brag that Canadians are, in general, less obese than Americans (still the Kings and Queens of Largesse) or Brits or Germans. And the Australians ... whoa baby!

It's sadly ironic that the Baby Boomers ~ of which I am member of the 1947 version (the 'Leading Edge' I am) ~ who started the running craze back in the 60's and 70's have now degenerated into a sloth and gluttony so perverse that, without a word of a lie, it seems that eight out of ten Canadians walking ~ slowly ~ along any street in my town (and all towns, I'm certain) are seriously and disastrously overweight: and not a 'little bit' over ~ hugely over.
    And what's worse, the children of the BBers are arguably in even worse shape than their parents . . . and then there's the ticking time bomb of the children of the children of my generation.
    There's about to be ~ it's already started ~ a pressure on the health systems of the western countries so massive that taxes will have to shoot precipitously skyward to pay for that alone . . . forget the trillions and trillions of dollars that serious climate change ~ it's already started ~ will start to cost over the next 50 years.

Landing back in Thailand (soon!), among many other reasons, will find me reveling in a culture who's citizens for the most part can actually fit into their clothes.

Thais are in general, a graceful, slim and handsome people living in an area of this planet where the populations have to a great extent got obesity comparatively under control.
    I do notice that in Thailand these days, when the school-book hoardes spill out through the school gates at 4:00 pm, quite a few more large kids in the overall group than I did, say, 12 or so years ago . . . or so it seems. It does in fact look like the kids are indeed a bit larger on average. Nothing like the West for sure ... but McDonald's restaurants in Thailand are always chock-a-block full of Thai school kids laughing and carousing and chowing down.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

One of the reasons Thais on average are in better shape could be the diet - the food is freshly prepared, and vegetables are almost always part of the meal.
    I am very fond of Thai food - in fact, planning a next trip I salivate and drool both on the account of men AND food Have eaten in nice restaurants, off the street food carts and anything in between - have still to come across a meal I did not like.
    What surprises me though, that on many occasions Thai friends, when invited to share a meal, will choose Western dishes....

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by PeterUK
    How clever of you to have found the only Pattaya money boy who doesn't eat in the evening. Most of them can be seen happily ingesting away at those wonky metal tables in Boyztown and elsewhere long after the sun has set..
    I agree with that. Most of the thai guys, money- or not moneyguys, I have met over the years, and believe me it has been many, have had a, well what to call it, very "healthy appetite". They could and would eat all around the clock, from early in the morning to late in the night. To my surprice most of them were slim.

Alas in the last years, I see more and more fat Thais, and I don't think it is about how many meals they eat in 24 hours, but about what they are eating.
    The more popular McDonalds and Kentucky Fried is getting the more fat we will see. Shame on us farangs and the companies.

Liked

I'm a little different. I go pretty much all day without eating -- except for some watermelon, oranges, strawberries, things like that. I may have a salad sometime during the day. Then if I decide I'm having an actual meal that day, I'll end up cooking it at like 10pm. It's too bloody hot to do otherwise. Who wants to stand over a stove with no fan in the kitchen when it's +39C out? Then after doing that, sit down and eat a hot meal?

This is also why I could never really understand how some people say Thailand made them fat. How do you get fat here? This isn't exactly a climate you want to eat steak & potatoes every night in. Not to mention, it must be bloody unbearable being fat in Thailand. Wonder why Thais are skinny. It's either that, or live in agony constantly sweating.