Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Camera Equipment

Liked

Camera Equipment

Have a question that I'd like to crowd source. Working on a little project in BKK that requires video equipment and lighting. It's a one off so not worth investing money into actually buying equipment. Anyone know of any video equipment rental services in BKK. Absent that, I am not above taking the tacky route of buying something, using it, and returning it. Anyone know of anyplace in BKK that has a reasonable return policy in regards to video equipment. Am I tilting at windmills here? As usual, any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

-J

Liked

Re: Camera Equipment

"Thailand" and "reasonable return policy" doesn't really compute. Plus what you're actually expecting is an unreasonably lenient return policy.

Rental might be an option, but if it's expensive equipment, you might get fucked over with the collateral (think jet ski mafia).
    Yes, grandpa, I know it used to be more fun 30 years ago...

Liked

Haha. Granted, I've been spoiled by generous US retailer return policies that typically offer a 30-day grave period to return merchandise for any reason. So "unreasonably lenient" really is in the eye of the consumer. I did find one rental company but they quotesd me a price of 30,000THB per day. Their equipment seemed very high end and well beyond the scope of what I need. I'm typically fine with the "all sales are final" ethos of Thailand shopping, but I was curious if there were any electronics retailers that actually allowed returns for anything other then defective products. Hey, any expats out their willing to lend a decent digital camcorder to a total stranger for a nominal fee?

-J

Liked

There is at least one shop in MBK that specializes in video equipment both sales and rentals. I believe it was on the 5th floor.