Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

View Poll Results: Are you posting less to Sawatdee Gay Thailand / Sawatdee Network? Why is that?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • I do not agree with how moderation is enforced at Sawatdee.

6 23.08%
  • I don't like the new Sawatdee Network site, including the new front page.

2 7.69%
  • I don't like the Board itself since it became Sawatdee Network.

0 0%
  • Thailand does not interest me anymore to visit or to live.

3 11.54%
  • The political situation in Bangkok is keeping me away this year.

0 0%
  • There are fewer people on the Board to engage with, due to the political situation.

0 0%
  • I do not like certain members of Sawatdee.

3 11.54%
  • I am not interested in any of the Gay Thailand Message Boards anymore.

2 7.69%
  • Posting anything on Sawatdee could make me personally a target of the Bitch Board.

4 15.38%
  • Posting anything on any Gay Thailand Message Board could make me a target of the Bitch Board.

1 3.85%
  • I have already been a target of the Bitch Board.

5 19.23%
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why don't you post anymore: Poll

Liked

Why don't you post anymore: Poll

I thought a poll would be good as members would not have to reveal who they are by how they vote and how they feel.

The post will last for the next week, we'll take a look at the results after Christmas, leading up to the New Year.

Surfcrest

Liked

Re: Why don't you post anymore: Poll

Quote Originally Posted by Surfcrest

I thought a poll would be good as members would not have to reveal who they are by how they vote and how they feel.

The post will last for the next week, we'll take a look at the results after Christmas, leading up to the New Year.

Surfcrest
    I have voted but may I suggest that it would have been a more informative poll if voters were able to select more than one option? Two or three options would produce far more revealing insights as I am sure that like myself (I voted re the moderation) members also have other dislikes.

For myself I don't like the new look of the new board nor the often long winded an rambling posts by Surfcrest, I am sure others do enjoy his posts but on the general forum they only make the board look heavy and boring.

The board needs to be sharper and punchier and concentrate on what it want to be rather than worrying about what other boards are saying about it.

Liked

I cannot really vote, because I signed up AFTER all the changes, so if anything, I post more now. Nothing to do with management, past or present, I've been a long-time lurker and I just couldn't be bothered to use a proxy or VPN to access the site from my home in Bangkok. I'm very happy that this problem has been resolved.

But I do want to say that I think this board's obsession with its former owner and a certain other board is unhealthy. I just need to look at the poll options, a whopping three of them focus on this subject matter. To me, that doesn't make any sense.
    Yes, grandpa, I know it used to be more fun 30 years ago...

Liked

Just want to say first, I think this is a great board and I love the new look. I check the board at least daily, I do not post because regularly because, well I been to Thailand at least twice a year since 1998. There is not much that posters can tell me that I need information about. Keep up the great work, every once in a while a new tib bit of information does come across. ;

Liked

I don't visit the board as often as I used to because I don't plan to be back in Thailand in the next year. Nothing to do with the board, just my personal circumstances. I still have a look to see who's doing whom (NIrish, we need to hear more!)

The new board Is fine, as far as I'm concerned, it's just I have nothing of interest to post.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

because there is nothing really to add to.
    And it also seems the self-appointed wages police is still out in full force again declaring the rate has gone up. Maybe they were trained by that Britsih coal-miners strikemaker chap, Scargill or so?

Liked

None of the above.

I don't care much what other posters say or think about me, on this board or other boards (but I know members who are quite sensitive).

I think editing, even right in the text, is ok to point out obvious mistakes or correct spelling/grammar. It has to be clearly marked.

Deleting posts should be avoided at all cost. Only if absolutely necessary because it violates a law.

Difficulty of access was a problem when I was in Thailand for holiday, trying to find an internet cafe where SGT is not blocked, or just delaying reading and posting until return to Europe. This is solved now.

I post in reply to existent topics as much as before, but new topics I post on my blog http://www.christianpfc.blogspot.com, that gives me more freedom in editing and inserting pictures is easier and I have one place for updates.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by pong
    .... that Britsih coal-miners strikemaker chap, Scargill or so?
    How is it possible or credible to mis-spell the very common word "British", yet get the spelling of Arthur "Scargill" (a rather parochial figure of 30yrs ago) exactly right?

Pong my dear, if you are going to throw in these deliberate mis-spellings, at least be consistent!

Incidentally, everything Arthur Scargill claimed and predicted in the run-up to and in the course of the Miner's strike (which was planned every bit as much (if not more so) by Thatcher as by Scargill) turned out to be entirely accurate (but that's another topic).

Merry Xmas

:ymparty:

Liked

Cant help noticing that Latintop hasn`t posted for a while ....
    Perhaps a poll option of, `Have been done in` should have been included ...

Banned
    Liked: 1

I have been a target of this bitching board.